• @SS-GEN You mean I can’t go all out for Berlin!!! HAHA… yeah I know… but I want Justin to suffer!! LOL

• 9D16F569-2BB6-4228-AEFF-9C61AD8C9A81.jpeg

Here’s the future colors no UK yet

• @SS-GEN
    Really digging the paint job. Great work!

• '22 '21 '20 '19 '18 '17 '16 '15 '14 '13 Customizer

This Saturday is “Operation Duds”. Live streaming game.
    Go to Twitch tv
    Type in search ssgen69
    Game starts at 8:30 am central time.
    I will be posting here the recording on Sunday too.

Also gonna try out new event cards for the commonwealth ( Fec, Anzac and S. Africa )
    Canada will be in with UK London event cards

• Enjoy the latest photos from the front! The result was an Axis victory – live from the General’s Fortress in Kenosha, Wisconsin!

Unterseeboot! German subs dominate the Atlantic…Unterseeboot2.JPG

Unterseeboot.JPG
    Britain’s Royal Air Force based in London.placard.JPG
    Brits (foreground) are on the move in the Mediterranean as Japan (background) contemplates action in the Pacific. BritMove.JPG

Brits take Gibraltar and eventually drive the Italians out of Africa! BritsTakeGilbr.JPG

Showdown in the Pacifc between USA and Japan…PacificShowdown.JPG

Chinese Nationalists and Communists unite as Japanese aggression reaches their cities.ChineseDefense.JPG

German invasian force of Moscow in Turn 5. The Luftwaffe decide the fate of Russia in this battle.MoscowGerms.JPG
    Despite being badly outnumbered by German air, Russian defenders put up a valiant defense.
    Moscow1.JPG

Moscow2.JPG
    In a short-lived moment of survival, Russia retakes Moscow but is later crushed by Axis forces.
    MoscowRetaken.JPG

As Moscow falls, U.S. and British forces prepare to liberate Paris.ParisUSA.JPG

Italy (left) and Great Britain (right) prepare their troops for battle over Paris.
    Italiaroll2.JPG
    ItaliansPrepareFR.JPG

Italians rally to counter the Allies’ attack on Paris but fail despite a stubborn and dogged defense.Italiaroll.JPG

With Paris liberated, the French rebuild their economy toward the Allied war effort. FrenchToken.JPG
    Anzac forces dig in as they wait for the inevitable Japanese landing.
    Java.JPG
    As Java and Sumatra falls, combined land, naval, and Japanese air forces lay their sights on Calcutta, an important victory city.CalcuttainSights.JPG
    Dice.JPG
    Alas, the War is broadcasted live around the world on Twitch. Twitch.JPG

Awesome pics again !!!

Pretty much the pics tell the story. Germany this game bought a few more mechs and art and more planes than tanks for Moscow. Russia rolled good on defense too. At least we saw Moscow being retaken but as mentioned the planes were just to much. The Russians couldn’t get 10 more ground to Moscow to help defend due to lack of transporting troops event card.
    Plus for there Lend Lease they only got 2 mechs and 1 SPA to Moscow also. Got 2 more mechs on turns 4-5 and only help retake Moscow. If they would of gotten figs and or tanks for the lend Lease that would of been some help to defend Moscow.
    I think Russia is fine and has a good chance to hold Moscow with no allies help allowed. Don’t see games out there for that.
    If the Allies could of gotten to Paris a turn earlier would of been a big help but had to deal with 15 German subs out in the Atlantic
    with US and UK also paying a Atlantic Ocean Icp penalty with convoy raids too.
    Paris did fall and there was the battles back and forth for it.

Italy went a different direction this game and were kinda weak but UK made a few mistakes and US on the Europe side.
    I felt UK spent to much money in Africa and Troops should of not gone to N Africa but just me based Italy’s moves.

Japan took Midway turn 1 and got 2 3 Island Group NO’s and took I think 3 Coral Sea islands for 2 Island group NO’s and took away 1 US 3 group Island NO. This of course makes US and Anzac have to come and get these islands back to deny Japan the Bonus money. But in the mean time they went for Dutch Islands Oil victory bonus points and for the money after they lose the 3 Island Groups NO’s. US made a fleet park Mistake while this was happening around East Indies I believe and got wiped out.

At least we got to see Paris Liberated to finalize a France rule and Moscow liberated just to take away 3 victory points from axis and hope for allies doing something too but couldn’t so just delayed the outcome a turn longer. Viva Germany !!!

Will be posting the tweaks for next game.

Thank You very much “General Fortress” players for making this all happen !!!

A few piece tweaks.
    Cruiser cost goes from 9 to 10.
    Spa is now C5 M2 AD@4 and if roll is a 2 or less can pick a tank. No tank, defenders casualty choice.
    This is for a tank destroyer not being in game so we gave SPA a combined piece. Some won’t agree but
    not adding any extra pieces to game yet. So get over it.
    The Tac/Dive bombers always bothered me where they should only get a bomb or torpedo drop on first round
    of combat and then continue to AD at a lower value with there plane guns only. Also we have to put in a different rule for
    Tac/Dive attacking subs and AA guns only. So this is what were going to use next game.

Tac C8 M5 / Dive C8 M4
    Both
    AD@6 first round only. Can pick target.
    AD@4 for rest of rounds of combat. If roll is a 1 get a
    DF plane kill too.
    Can single out attacks on subs and AA guns @3 only.

I know the @3 for some is an issue but then the subs and AA guns will never survive
    at a attack @6. At least subs are surfaced submerge and hard to see in water some what
    and with anti gun fire going on may make the accuracy of planes off.

Paris liberated rule now. Place 6 French Inf in Paris. Then if Paris is still owned by allies add 2 French inf per turn.
    1 NA tweak each for Russia, Japan and US.
    Different countries ships together in fleets being attacked get to use each Admiral they have for missed Re rolls.
    This goes for ground troops with Generals also.

SS OUT !

• @SS-GEN Question: If the SPA rolls a 2 or less, does the attacker get to choose the tank hit, or does the defender choose which tank is hit?

• @ghr2 said in SS GEN's 1941 Global War Game:

@SS-GEN Question: If the SPA rolls a 2 or less, does the attacker get to choose the tank hit, or does the defender choose which tank is hit?

The attacker gets to choose the tank.

Also a defending SPA rolls a 2 also gets to pick the Tank

9AAFD6AB-BDCA-4F13-9A64-249FEA39E3D6.jpeg

New Event Cards for Fec and Anzac

• Very nice map. I like how it added additional spaces to the Russian front. I put that on my recent custom built map.

OK. After some discussions about ship AA guns I’m going with a few changes in my game.
    The Destroyer will not get the bonus AA plane kill now. It still has its AD@3 against planes only.
    As mentioned the AA on destroyers was just a plat form so them AA guns will be part of the AD@3.
    Battleships will still get there bonus AA gun kill @1. This is based on them using the more equipped AA guns for defense when alone.
    Cruisers now will go to AA gun bonus plane kill @2 based on them losing a turret of ship guns for better AA capability and plus they move 3 also but always did in game.
    This should make the Cruiser even more a important ship ( and weaker countries ) for air attack defense with BB or fleets or maybe even small assault fleets with shore shot.
    Also didn’t get to really try the new Tac/ Dive values of AD@6 first round only and can pick target and rest of combat rounds AD@4 with no pick. Dropping there play load only first round like stg bombers.
    Just have to figure out if BB cost stays the same and or Cruiser cost changes too.
    I feel if the Cruiser loses a ship gun turret it should go down 1 in AD value. Then some said then I’ll buy all Battleships. Go ahead with right combo of fleet gonna wack it. So these are the numbers for now.
    BB C14 AD@9 AA@1 bonus plane kill
    CR C9 AD@7 AA @2 bonus plane kill
    DD C6 AD@3 depth charge @3
    Tac/Dive C8 AD@6 first only pick target AD@4 rest of combat rounds.
    But Tac/Dive can only hit surfaced subs @3.

Don’t forget planes are dog fighting same time as combat.
    Figs C8 AD@5 2 or less bonus DF plane kill
    Tac/Dive roll a 1 after first round get a bonus DF plane kill too
    Stg Bomber rolls a 1 get a bonus DF plane kill too. May drop this based on there focus is dropping payload first round only so can’t DF on first round like Tac dive

Well with shut down and only one for now been test playing a bit and grabbing any bystander in the house lol the new CR Tac/Dive bombers values.
    I’ve seen the Tac/Dive miss on first turn @6 pick target and then AD after that @4 is pretty cool. There’s even room to lower the after first round AD go down to @3. But then the Ger would be a bit penalized. If that happens can always give them a NA if @4 after first round and if we ever change the tech system they would get right away.
    With the Cruiser now going down to A@7 and gaining the bonus AA plane shot from @1 to @2 makes them the premiere naval bonus plane killer in fleet. Also took away the Destroyer AA@1 and gave the USA Fletcher Destroyers for a NA at AD@3 and AA bonus plane shot @1.

Some say I’ll buy all Battleships but when it comes to number of ships in fleets it’s still gonna be the CR and DD buys.

Correction. The Cruiser went down to AD@6 not 7. Still cost 9. It’ll be on even keel with a dam battleship now and based on a turret of big guns removed and dedicated to AA AD increase.
    Now this makes the Cruiser the better ship on aa and you will need 1 or 2 with destroyers to help against plane attacks because destroyers don’t get a bonus kill.
    Just US fletchers if they get them as a NA.

AFD2124C-BB7B-40AD-8427-F166E0C09521.jpeg

In case somebody wanted to see game in progress starting turn 3. The allies knocked out some Ger subs in convoy zones.
    5’ x 12’ table

• 82DBF704-5AC5-404A-81C6-838FEE1D32E7.jpeg

Here’s a better pic.

• '17 '16

@SS-GEN said in SS GEN's 1941 Global War Game:

Well with shut down and only one for now been test playing a bit and grabbing any bystander in the house lol the new CR Tac/Dive bombers values.
    I’ve seen the Tac/Dive miss on first turn @6 pick target and then AD after that @4 is pretty cool. There’s even room to lower the after first round AD go down to @3. But then the Ger would be a bit penalized. If that happens can always give them a NA if @4 after first round and if we ever change the tech system they would get right away.
    With the Cruiser now going down to A@7 and gaining the bonus AA plane shot from @1 to @2 makes them the premiere naval bonus plane killer in fleet. Also took away the Destroyer AA@1 and gave the USA Fletcher Destroyers for a NA at AD@3 and AA bonus plane shot @1.

Some say I’ll buy all Battleships but when it comes to number of ships in fleets it’s still gonna be the CR and DD buys.

Pretty interesting way to apply specific function for each unit. I like this because it help the purchase phase according to your on going strategy.

On Battleship cost, I would bend toward 15 PUs.
    For balance, but also because of by 3 scaled cost:
    DD 6, Cru 9, BB 15.

I like that only one roll per unit is enough per combat round. A fighter rolling a 2 means pick a plane, but roll a 3 it is usual way to assign casualty. This speed combat and a cool way to mimick dogfight casualty at this scale of war battle game.

Ya they were C15 but seems nobody was buying them because they were to weak according to play with Cruisers.
    But haven’t had the chance to test really good yet with BB C14. Gotta remember once a BB is damaged it goes down to AD@6.

• '17 '16

@SS-GEN
    With 2 hits?

Seems pretty strange compared to usual suspect A8 D8, 2 hits, cost 20.

Maybe it is psychological.

Suggested Topics

Axis & Allies Boardgaming Custom Painted Miniatures

Users

Topics

1.7m