JDOW (Allies +8) vs BobbaRossa (Axis) BM3

• '15 '14

TripleA Move Summary: French round 10

TripleA Move Summary for game: World War II Global 1940 Balanced Mod3, version: 3.4

Game History

Round: 10

Combat Move - French
            Turning on Edit Mode
            EDIT: Removing units owned by ANZAC from Iraq: 2 infantry
            EDIT: Adding units owned by ANZAC to Northwest Persia: 2 infantry
            EDIT: Turning off Edit Mode

Savegame

• '15 '14

@BobbaRossa said in JDOW (Allies +8) vs BobbaRossa (Axis) BM3:

@JDOW said in JDOW (Allies +8) vs BobbaRossa (Axis) BM3:

@BobbaRossa said in JDOW (Allies +8) vs BobbaRossa (Axis) BM3:

@JDOW said in JDOW (Allies +8) vs BobbaRossa (Axis) BM3:

It looks like AA fire against the Germans is 3/13 total, slightly above average, partly compensated by the air battle over Moscow that when slightly below average.

Yeah. It’s actually 4/18, but doesn’t change your point. I’m frustrated cause I don’t think I could beat you with average dice, but poor dice just makes it feel like I’m banging my head into a brick wall over and over again :P . I should just give up, but I’m too stubborn to stop ;) .

Yeah, I understand that feeling. I would like to, however, claim, that I do not find the dice one-sided so far. Especially after this turn, where you got your 2/3 AA fire back from the Volgo hero AA, I find the dice overall close to even. Above-average convoy rolls don’t change much. Some lousy IPC are neglectable for me compared to battle outcomes.

If you hoped for, as you claimed, good dice in particular during this entire game, then MARTI did not fulfill that wish, I can grant you that at least:)

Ah, sorry! Just realized I didn’t give you the standard warning I usually give people I play. I love to whine about dice, it’s about half the fun of playing the game for me… maybe more than half :P . Feel free to ignore me, it’s mostly catharsis :D . And I agree, battle dice have been about even (haven’t had any big ones yet) and now AA’s have evened out. I will dispute, however, that 153 convoy hits are "some lousy IPC"s ;) .

haha, ok IC:D
    I am a dice whiner, too. It got a bit better recently though.

Regarding 153 convoy damage: From how many shots? I mean, you can hardly blame MARTI for every IPC lost to convoy damage but only those who exceed the average of 2 damage per submarine shot.
    In the last round, 13 was the average convoy damage to be expected and only the fourteenth = “one lousy” IPC goes on MARTI.
    So to what degree did the convoy rolls go above average for me so far?

• '15 '14

Should read: 2 damage per submarine, 1 per shot

• '15 '14

Gogo Hitler. German move planning should be complete when Italy is executed. Allies decided what the Germans may have and may not have this turn:-)

• TripleA Turn Summary: Germans round 11

TripleA Turn Summary for game: World War II Global 1940 Balanced Mod3, version: 3.4

Game History

Round: 11

Purchase Units - Germans
            Germans buy 4 armour, 1 fighter, 3 infantry and 7 mech_infantrys; Remaining resources: 0 PUs; 

Combat Move - Germans
            1 infantry moved from Volgograd to Tambov
            1 fighter moved from Rostov to Tambov
            5 armour and 4 mech_infantrys moved from Romania to Greece
                  Germans take Bulgaria from British
            1 tactical_bomber moved from Rostov to Greece
            2 fighters and 1 tactical_bomber moved from Southern Italy to Greece
            1 fighter moved from Western Germany to 125 Sea Zone
            2 fighters and 2 tactical_bombers moved from Novgorod to Norway
            2 bombers moved from Novgorod to Greece
            1 armour moved from Novosibirsk to Yenisey
                  Germans take Timguska from Russians
                  Germans take Yenisey from Russians
            5 artilleries and 11 infantry moved from Volgograd to Caucasus

Combat - Germans
            Battle in Greece
                Germans attack with 5 armour, 2 bombers, 2 fighters, 4 mech_infantrys and 2 tactical_bombers
                British defend with 1 aaGun, 3 artilleries, 1 factory_minor, 4 infantry, 1 marine and 1 mech_infantry
                    AA fire in Greece : 0/3 hits, 0.50 expected hits
                    Germans roll dice for 5 armour, 2 bombers, 2 fighters, 4 mech_infantrys and 2 tactical_bombers in Greece, round 2 : 7/15 hits, 6.83 expected hits
                    British roll dice for 1 aaGun, 3 artilleries, 4 infantry, 1 marine and 1 mech_infantry in Greece, round 2 : 3/9 hits, 3.00 expected hits
                    1 mech_infantry owned by the British, 1 aaGun owned by the British, 1 artillery owned by the British, 3 mech_infantrys owned by the Germans and 4 infantry owned by the British lost in Greece
                    Germans roll dice for 5 armour, 2 bombers, 2 fighters, 1 mech_infantry and 2 tactical_bombers in Greece, round 3 : 6/12 hits, 6.33 expected hits
                    British roll dice for 2 artilleries and 1 marine in Greece, round 3 : 0/3 hits, 1.00 expected hits
                    1 marine owned by the British and 2 artilleries owned by the British lost in Greece
                Germans win, taking Greece from British with 5 armour, 2 bombers, 2 fighters, 1 mech_infantry and 2 tactical_bombers remaining. Battle score for attacker is 26
                Casualties for Germans: 3 mech_infantrys
                Casualties for British: 1 aaGun, 3 artilleries, 4 infantry, 1 marine and 1 mech_infantry
            Battle in 125 Sea Zone
                Germans attack with 1 fighter
                British defend with 1 transport; Russians defend with 1 submarine
                1 submarine owned by the Russians Submerged
                    1 transport owned by the British lost in 125 Sea Zone
                Germans win with 1 fighter remaining. Battle score for attacker is 7
                Casualties for British: 1 transport
            Battle in Norway
                Germans attack with 2 fighters and 2 tactical_bombers
                British defend with 2 infantry
                    Germans roll dice for 2 fighters and 2 tactical_bombers in Norway, round 2 : 1/4 hits, 2.33 expected hits
                    British roll dice for 2 infantry in Norway, round 2 : 0/2 hits, 0.67 expected hits
                    1 infantry owned by the British lost in Norway
                    Germans roll dice for 2 fighters and 2 tactical_bombers in Norway, round 3 : 3/4 hits, 2.33 expected hits
                    British roll dice for 1 infantry in Norway, round 3 : 1/1 hits, 0.33 expected hits
                    1 fighter owned by the Germans and 1 infantry owned by the British lost in Norway
                Germans win with 1 fighter and 2 tactical_bombers remaining. Battle score for attacker is -4
                Casualties for British: 2 infantry
                Casualties for Germans: 1 fighter
            Battle in Tambov
                Germans attack with 1 fighter and 1 infantry
                Russians defend with 1 infantry
                    Germans roll dice for 1 fighter and 1 infantry in Tambov, round 2 : 1/2 hits, 0.67 expected hits
                    Russians roll dice for 1 infantry in Tambov, round 2 : 0/1 hits, 0.33 expected hits
                    1 infantry owned by the Russians lost in Tambov
                Germans win, taking Tambov from Russians with 1 fighter and 1 infantry remaining. Battle score for attacker is 3
                Casualties for Russians: 1 infantry
            Battle in Caucasus
                Germans attack with 5 artilleries and 11 infantry
                ANZAC defend with 1 fighter
                    Germans roll dice for 5 artilleries and 11 infantry in Caucasus, round 2 : 3/16 hits, 4.33 expected hits
                    Russians roll dice for 1 fighter in Caucasus, round 2 : 1/1 hits, 0.67 expected hits
                    1 fighter owned by the ANZAC and 1 infantry owned by the Germans lost in Caucasus
                Germans win, taking Caucasus from Russians with 5 artilleries and 10 infantry remaining. Battle score for attacker is 7
                Casualties for Germans: 1 infantry
                Casualties for ANZAC: 1 fighter

Non Combat Move - Germans
            5 armour and 1 mech_infantry moved from Novosibirsk to Yenisey
            1 fighter and 2 tactical_bombers moved from Norway to Western Germany
            1 fighter moved from 125 Sea Zone to Western Germany
            3 infantry moved from Novgorod to Vyborg
            3 artilleries and 2 infantry moved from Belarus to Novgorod
            1 mech_infantry moved from Eastern Poland to Novgorod
            1 infantry moved from Volgograd to Caucasus
            1 aaGun moved from Volgograd to Caucasus
            1 infantry moved from Ukraine to Bryansk
            1 fighter moved from Tambov to Volgograd
            2 bombers moved from Greece to Southern Italy
            1 tactical_bomber moved from Greece to Southern Italy
            4 mech_infantrys moved from Germany to Romania
            5 armour moved from Germany to Baltic States
            10 mech_infantrys moved from Rostov to Volgograd
            1 mech_infantry moved from Bessarabia to Ukraine
            1 aaGun moved from Rostov to Ukraine
            2 fighters and 1 tactical_bomber moved from Greece to Ukraine
            20 armour and 14 mech_infantrys moved from Rostov to Caucasus

Place Units - Germans
            3 infantry placed in Volgograd
            3 mech_infantrys placed in Novgorod
            1 fighter placed in Western Germany
            4 armour and 4 mech_infantrys placed in Germany

Turn Complete - Germans
            Total Cost from Convoy Blockades: 2
                Rolling for Convoy Blockade Damage in 99 Sea Zone. Rolls: 6,1,6,4,6
                Rolling for Convoy Blockade Damage in 97 Sea Zone. Rolls: 5,3,6,5,6,4,2,2
            Germans collect 55 PUs (2 lost to blockades); end with 55 PUs
            Objective Germans 3 Control Caucasus: Germans met a national objective for an additional 5 PUs; end with 60 PUs
            Objective Germans 2 Control Novgorod Or Volgograd Or Russia: Germans met a national objective for an additional 10 PUs; end with 70 PUs

Combat Hit Differential Summary :

Germans : -1.83
    AA fire in Greece : : -0.50
    British : -1.00
    Russians : 0.00

Savegame

• @JDOW said in JDOW (Allies +8) vs BobbaRossa (Axis) BM3:

Gogo Hitler. German move planning should be complete when Italy is executed. Allies decided what the Germans may have and may not have this turn:-)

Yes, yes. My apologies for taking so long. The plan is indeed long ago made. At this point in time it is merely finding half an hour to an hour of time and brainpower to execute it. Both are in extremely limited supply at this point.

• '15 '14

TripleA Turn Summary: Russians round 11

TripleA Turn Summary for game: World War II Global 1940 Balanced Mod3, version: 3.4

Game History

Round: 11

Purchase Units - Russians
            Russians repair damage of 12x factory_major; Remaining resources: 27 PUs; 
            Russians buy 8 infantry; Remaining resources: 3 PUs; 

Combat Move - Russians
            1 armour moved from Russia to Samara
                  Russians take Samara from Germans
            1 armour moved from Samara to Tambov
            1 armour moved from Vologda to Novosibirsk
                  Russians take Novosibirsk from Germans
            1 armour moved from Novosibirsk to Vologda
            1 armour moved from Vologda to Archangel
                  Russians take Archangel from Germans
            1 armour moved from Archangel to Vologda
            1 mech_infantry moved from Vologda to Urals
            1 mech_infantry moved from Urals to Timguska
                  Russians take Timguska from Germans
            1 infantry moved from Russia to Bryansk
            4 fighters moved from Russia to Bryansk
            1 tactical_bomber moved from Russia to Bryansk
            20 artilleries and 20 infantry moved from Russia to Tambov

Combat - Russians
            Battle in Bryansk
                Russians attack with 4 fighters, 1 infantry and 1 tactical_bomber
                Germans defend with 1 infantry
                    Russians roll dice for 4 fighters, 1 infantry and 1 tactical_bomber in Bryansk, round 2 : 2/6 hits, 2,83 expected hits
                    Germans roll dice for 1 infantry in Bryansk, round 2 : 0/1 hits, 0,33 expected hits
                    1 infantry owned by the Germans lost in Bryansk
                Russians win, taking Bryansk from Germans with 4 fighters, 1 infantry and 1 tactical_bomber remaining. Battle score for attacker is 3
            Battle in Tambov
                Russians attack with 1 armour, 20 artilleries and 20 infantry
                Germans defend with 1 infantry
                    Russians roll dice for 1 armour, 20 artilleries and 20 infantry in Tambov, round 2 : 18/41 hits, 13,83 expected hits
                    Germans roll dice for 1 infantry in Tambov, round 2 : 0/1 hits, 0,33 expected hits
                    1 infantry owned by the Germans lost in Tambov
                Russians win, taking Tambov from Germans with 1 armour, 20 artilleries and 20 infantry remaining. Battle score for attacker is 3

Non Combat Move - Russians
            1 infantry moved from Buryatia to Yakut S.S.R.
            1 aaGun and 6 infantry moved from Manchuria to Amur
            1 aaGun moved from Russia to Tambov
            18 infantry and 1 mech_infantry moved from Russia to Tambov
            4 fighters and 1 tactical_bomber moved from Bryansk to Russia
            6 mech_infantrys moved from Vologda to Tambov
            1 artillery moved from Vologda to Russia
            3 infantry moved from Vologda to Russia
            1 aaGun moved from Vologda to Russia
            1 mech_infantry moved from Vologda to Russia
            1 submarine moved from 125 Sea Zone to 110 Sea Zone

Place Units - Russians
            8 infantry placed in Russia

Turn Complete - Russians
            Total Cost from Convoy Blockades: 3
                Rolling for Convoy Blockade Damage in 6 Sea Zone. Rolls: 1,2
            Russians collect 19 PUs (3 lost to blockades); end with 22 PUs
            Trigger Russians 2 Persia Lend Lease Lane: Russians met a national objective for an additional 2 PUs; end with 24 PUs
            Trigger Russians 1 Lend Lease: Russians met a national objective for an additional 2 PUs; end with 26 PUs

Combat Hit Differential Summary :

Germans : -0,67
    Russians : 3,33

Savegame

• '15 '14

fun fact: the frenzy sub in sz6 scored 3 damage 3 times in a row now, hitting the weak and fragile Russian economy hard (one unit less next turn).
    Plus the flawless Italian turn (2 airstrikes unpunished including a risky 1v1 with the Bomber) and the German great result in Greece with another 0/3 AA and below-average ground defense.

I might feel in the position to complain about the dice soon :joy: :joy: :joy:

• '15 '14

ZZZZZZZzzzzZZZZzzz

I know btw that you play within the league regulations. I am just impatient:-)

• @JDOW said in JDOW (Allies +8) vs BobbaRossa (Axis) BM3:

ZZZZZZZzzzzZZZZzzz

I know btw that you play within the league regulations. I am just impatient:-)

I’ve been trying to squeeze in at least that much, but even that is looking to not be possible for the foreseeable future (probably rest of the year). I don’t typically play this slow and know how frustrating it is. This isn’t fair to you at all, so I’m just going to go ahead and concede. Sorry, just have too much on my plate. Especially annoying because you are right, the dice have been favoring me lately. Curse you dice gods!! :P

• '15 '14

well, I could have certainly lived with a slower pace and stop bothering you about the game speed.
    I understand, however, that it is tough to play position on is behind that feel like an uphill battle. Takes 3 times as much energy compared to winning positions.

I was a bit worried you could have tried to get lucky at Burma. I miscalculated the odds in the first place. I should have taken Java instead of Oki with the US to make an attack at Burma even less attractive even with good dice.

In the end, I believe an Allied win was inevitable over time as there was no path for the Axis to overcome the significant income edge the Allies had.
    it was just matter of time until US would have 25+ planes in Europe that would always hop around to either protect VCs or to wreck havoc somewhere.
    And Japan did not have the juice to become a significant enough threat for a Pacific win.

Thanks for the game though, it was great playing you.

Suggested Topics

Axis & Allies Boardgaming Custom Painted Miniatures

Users

Topics

1.7m