• What about the usa/alaska connection, instead of building a IC in europe, just form a tank train from western us to alaska, then transport the tanks each round, you get more tanks faster to Russia than any other way. each transport can carry 1 tank and 1 inf.  you may loose out in the first two to three rounds but by the fourth you should be rolling, provided you protected your transport zones with subs and other large vessels. It seems cheaper and more effective since with an IC you can only put 2 tanks a round in Europe, or 1 tank 1 inf.

• Thats an intersting Idea but usually japan takes east russa pretty quick.  Also if I was playing japan I would disrupt that as soon as possible.  What the Japs start with in the Pac far outweighs anyone else on that side of the board.  By the time US builds up a fleet to protect the trasports it’s too late.

• Why would you even fight that hard over countries that are worh 1 IPC’s each?
    Especially when Jap AF and fleet can reach you in a single move?

• why let Japan get all those dollars, If you stack it right The jap AF will spend a lot of dollars killing 8$ transports, and if you have an AC and two fig with 6 transports and a sub, im pretty sure it will delay the Jap stratagy

• You are forgettign the initial Japan dominance of 2 BB’s… plus 2 AC’s

A couple of subs for a build, move the BB’s, and the first 2 hits by the US don;t even count against Japan.

I have played a game with a massive US fleet build up in the Pacific.  Japan was able to match them for more than 6 turns… and that was with EVERY US IPC going in to the Pacific.

• Why would you put transports in Alaska seazone???  I mean you have to move your infantry to Alaska and then once they are in Asia they have to move all the way to Russia.  You can build your infantry in east U.S. and move them to Canada where they have access to Norway, which is closer to the fighting, or to Western Europe.

• 2007 AAR League

one thing you can do, depending on Japan starting strat, is buy large ships with US round 1, round 2 build 1 IC in alaska, to tank train, build large capital ships in Alaska if Japan starts to build offensive fleet.

Disrupts Japan´s attack on Russia, threathens Japan, manchuria, kwangtung.

But this can only be done if Britain can muster some initial fleet and move troops into russia for support…

This is a strategy best tryed outside the tournament  ;)

• This is not a KGF strategy, but still one to consider :-)

it is one that helps Russia a lot and fairly quick as well…

maybe, some day, I’ll give this one a try :-P

• I know this is an old thread, but since Nix tried it against me last week, worth revisiting…

The Alaska Insertion FAILED.  Japan’s fleet, plus the pouring of units to Asia, was too much for the US to counter via Alaska.  And that was with the benefit of a US IC in Sinkiang as well to further retrict Japan.

Of course, UK losing their shiny new IC in India on J1 was also a pretty serious blow… but not totally unexpected.

Suggested Topics

Axis & Allies Boardgaming Custom Painted Miniatures

Users

Topics

1.7m