AAZ: Clearing an area from all Zs - while not gaining control of the area

• Imagine there is an area controlled by Zs (a Z control marker is there) and contains Zs.

You can during the course of a turn clear this territory from all Zs. While still not getting control of the very area.

I try to list all instances in which this can happen. If I missed some: please let us know and post them here. Thanks in advance of course.

(1) COMBAT: You attack this area . You destroy all Zs but you have no surviving land units.

(2) COMBAT: You attack this area with air units only.
    To be strict: this is of course a special case of ‘case (1)’.

(3) TECH: You move all Zs out of this area with the Deadnapper Convoy Technology.
    This happens in your non-combat move.

(4) TECH: If there is only one Z… Move this single Z out of the area with the ZMCR technology.

EDIT April 27 2021: I am afraid I made a mistake here. To use the ZMCR you must have at least one unit is this area. Which means that it is NOT Z-controlled.

(5) CARD: If there is only one Z… Move this single Z out of the area with the Decoy Team card.

This cannot happen with the Z Conscription card or the Z Domestication card. As you must have one of your units in that area to use that card in that very area. Which means you (or an ally) controls this area. Thus that very area is NOT Z-controlled.

EDIT April 27 2021: Same is true for the ZMCR technology (Tech-6)

Did I miss a situation in which this could happen?

Handy pic of the technology chard: https://techraptor.net/wp-content/uploads/2018/11/axis-allies-zombies-tech-chart.jpg

Idea for this thread: https://www.boardgamegeek.com/thread/2119203/liberating-zombie-controlled-territories

• 2024 2023 '22 '21 '20 '19 '18

My gut says that the territory remains Zombie-controlled, similar to how the defending country maintains control of a territory if it is not captured in combat (even if all of the defending units have been wiped out). Could be wrong, though. Depends on whether Zombies must occupy an area to control it.

• @DoManMacgee said in AAZ: Clearing an area from all Zs - while not gaining control of the area:

My gut says that the territory remains Zombie-controlled

Yes. As I stated in the title of the original posting: “Clearing an area from all Zs - while not gaining control of the area”.

I am just curious of I listed all instances of this happening. So if you know a situation in which this happens: please post!

• Handy pic of the technology chart:
    https://techraptor.net/wp-content/uploads/2018/11/axis-allies-zombies-tech-chart.jpg

This picture is gone from this site now…

• @thrasher1 said in AAZ: Clearing an area from all Zs - while not gaining control of the area:

Imagine there is an area controlled by Zs (a Z control marker is there) and contains Zs.
    You can during the course of a turn clear this territory from all Zs. While still not getting control of the very area.

I try to list all instances in which this can happen. If I missed some: please let us know and post them here. Thanks in advance of course.

Anyone can up with any new situations in which you get rid of all Zs but still wil not take control of the area after combat?
    If you run into situations like this: please post. This is:

(1) Very interesting

(2) Can maybe point us towards situations in which there are rules issues

• April 27 2021: I edited original posting.
    Seems this situation cannot occur with Technology-6: ZMCR.

Again: If anyone runs into situations in which this occurs: please post here. Thanks in advance.

Suggested Topics

Axis & Allies Boardgaming Custom Painted Miniatures

Users

Topics

1.7m