AAZ Rule Question: Technology 5: Deadnapper Convoys

• First: I do not know if I may post to the BoardGameGeek forums here. If not: please edit this post. Or let me know.

Two questions regaring Technology 5 : Deadnapper Convoys.

If you use this technology may you move these two Zs into an enemy controlled territory?
    Krieghund (thanks for all the work BTW) said he expected this to be the case. Any official word on this?

https://www.boardgamegeek.com/thread/2088905/deadnapper-convoys-tech-question

Must these Zs leave the transport immediatelly (at the same turn)? Or may they stay on board?
    Krieghund thought the latter was the case.
    Again: any official word on this?

https://www.boardgamegeek.com/thread/2117368/deadnapper-convoy-and-not-or-transport-across-sea

• 2024 2023 '22 '21 '20 '19 '18

@Krieghund basically works for WotC/Larry (I’m not sure in what capacity, exactly) and his word should be taken as the “official” answer on any ruling questions.

• DMM,

I know that. But as I stated in the post above Krieghund ‘only’ said the expected/thought something was the case. So that’s why I asked if there was any official verdict on this.

• '21 '20 '18 '17

@thrasher1

Q1: Yes. You can drop them in any territory you could drop infantry in. You can’t drop infantry into a unactivated neutral territory, so you can’t do that just because it says any territory

Q2: It says “deploy them” not “may deploy them” so they have to come off the transport. I’m not sure why KG saw that differently.

The reason he qualifies those answers is that no official FAQ or answers have been promulgated and so there is no such thing as any offical answer to any of our queries at this time. But he (and we) are just trying to give the best answers we can based on the text given. And with some very small exceptions, I haven’t found anything so unclear in the AAZ rules that it confounded or confused the game conduct

• @taamvan said in AAZ Rule Question: Technology 5: Deadnapper Convoys:

The reason he qualifies those answers is that no official FAQ or answers have been promulgated and so there is no such thing as any offical answer to any of our queries at this time. But he (and we) are just trying to give the best answers we can based on the text given. And with some very small exceptions, I haven’t found anything so unclear in the AAZ rules that it confounded or confused the game conduct

taamvan,

I do not agree. Personally I think AAZ unfortunately has many unclear issues in the rules. Some are not that important (like the one here on Technology 5). But others are.

Krieghunds replies help a lot. I hope he will continue to do so. And that there is an official FAQ soon.

To all: please post your questions here.

thrasher,

• @taamvan said in AAZ Rule Question: Technology 5: Deadnapper Convoys:

@thrasher1

Q1: Yes. You can drop them in any territory you could drop infantry in. You can’t drop infantry into a unactivated neutral territory, so you can’t do that just because it says any territory

Q2: It says “deploy them” not “may deploy them” so they have to come off the transport. I’m not sure why KG saw that differently.

Re: Q1: I did not think one could ship Zs into a neutral territory using this technology. But I guess this will be part of the FAQ or any AAZ rules clarification.

Re: Q2: Personally I think the idea of the creators of AAZ was indeed just that. So these Zs CANNOT stay on board. However… maybe they missed this issue with playtesting. Or they thought that was so clear so no specific clarification was needed.

But when it comes to me I would say: hey, let them stay on board. This might result in some nice delayed moves of Zs…

• '21 '20 '18 '17

@thrasher1

As to #1, the entire point is to move them out of your territory and put them in your opponent’s territory, or at least somewhere where they can’t bother you.

I don’t think they can stay on board. and the tech is a bit impractical because you can’t use a transport twice–to transport your own guys and zombies on the same turn, so it makes it hard to predict for how many TT you need and how many grunts you need.

• @taamvan

Grunts?

• '21 '20 '18 '17

@thrasher1 ground troops

Suggested Topics

Axis & Allies Boardgaming Custom Painted Miniatures

Users

Topics

1.7m