• '21 '20 '18 '17

@Karl7 The player who last flipped entered into a voluntary consent decree; he should remain our coach, be present at all team events and roll dice on the team’s behalf; with these limits in mind he was indefinitely retired from active play.

Some people can take the stress of being conquered and some can’t. Look at Downfall…if AH could have–he would have flipped the Bunker Board.

• '22 '20 '19 '18 '17 '16 '15 '14 '12

@taamvan

Here is a question: assuming a three player game, the one player team could consistently invoke Loser’s Privilege in the hopes of getting rerolls if he loses knowing that his declaration of “decisive battle” can’t be voided.

I suppose the otherside would catch on after the first attempt at forcing a free reroll and just not appeal the decision on whether the decisive battle is really decisive or not and let the jerk lose. Why would you want to go on playing with that kind of guy anyway?

I suppose we could amend the code so that “a player only once per game can invoke loser’s privilege.” But then I could see someone getting up against make or break battles more than once a game.

Sadly good faith sometimes needs to be relied upon for good gaming, and no rule can totally safeguard against opportunism.

Or I guess we could add: “a declaration of decisive battle by a player cannot be retracted, and if that player loses the battle in question, he loses the game regardless if he invokes Loser’s Privilege, a successful appeal notwithstanding.”

I.e. you can’t cry wolf and then try to claw it back. Once you declare decisive battle, it’s victory or death.

Thoughts?

• '21 '20 '18 '17

@Karl7 @Argothair The first player must file with the Recorder of Rolls the Notice of Odds. If that player filed the Notice of Odds (sub 2), the other Players have up to fifteen (15) minutes after the decisive battle is declared to request that player file a Notice of Decisive Battle (sub 3) with the Recorder of Rolls.

If no Notice of Decisive Battle has been filed, the Contesting Player('s) assertion that the battle is NOT Decisive shall be conclusive. However, if the Notice was timely filed, then a simple majority vote of all players present (whether active in this game, or not) shall determine whether the battle was truly Decisive as contemplated in this Act, or not.

No flips conducted after a determination of non-decisiveness shall be valid. However, before the putative flip-right is manifest, a Notice of Appeal addressed to Magistrate Harris’ court may be filed. After such Notice of Appeal is filed, the Flip-advocate Player must remit supersedeas bond equal to 3 hours of contract cleaning time with the appelate court so that in theory, a full (but otherwise legally unjustified) flip could be cleaned up by hired contractors. Then, the flip may proceed as otherwise laid out in this Act.

• @taamvan Due to cutbacks in the judiciary’s budget, the Loser’s Privilege will be adjudicated by arbitrators from now on. Arbitrators will be selected at random from a panel of the players’ wives and girlfriends, and will spend their customary 30 seconds considering every aspect of the situation before finally and conclusively disposing of all parties’ rights in all matters related to or arising out of the damned game in the damned living room.

Players who are under the mistaken impression that they did not consent to this form of arbitration are advised to consult the TripleA license agreement, paragraph 243.

• @Argothair said in "LOSERS PRIVILEGE":

@taamvan Due to cutbacks in the judiciary’s budget, the Loser’s Privilege will be adjudicated by arbitrators from now on. Arbitrators will be selected at random from a panel of the players’ wives and girlfriends, and will spend their customary 30 seconds considering every aspect of the situation before finally and conclusively disposing of all parties’ rights in all matters related to or arising out of the damned game in the damned living room.

Players who are under the mistaken impression that they did not consent to this form of arbitration are advised to consult the TripleA license agreement, paragraph 243.

Concur!

• @taamvan said in "LOSERS PRIVILEGE":

@Karl7 @Argothair The first player must file with the Recorder of Rolls the Notice of Odds. If that player filed the Notice of Odds (sub 2), the other Players have up to fifteen (15) minutes after the decisive battle is declared to request that player file a Notice of Decisive Battle (sub 3) with the Recorder of Rolls.

If no Notice of Decisive Battle has been filed, the Contesting Player('s) assertion that the battle is NOT Decisive shall be conclusive. However, if the Notice was timely filed, then a simple majority vote of all players present (whether active in this game, or not) shall determine whether the battle was truly Decisive as contemplated in this Act, or not.

No flips conducted after a determination of non-decisiveness shall be valid. However, before the putative flip-right is manifest, a Notice of Appeal addressed to Magistrate Harris’ court may be filed. After such Notice of Appeal is filed, the Flip-advocate Player must remit supersedeas bond equal to 3 hours of contract cleaning time with the appelate court so that in theory, a full (but otherwise legally unjustified) flip could be cleaned up by hired contractors. Then, the flip may proceed as otherwise laid out in this Act.

In this instance I would file for a “Writ of Force Majeure!”

FLIP THAT BOARD!

• '21 '18 '16

After reading such insightful dissertations, as well as the recorded opinions of the persons on record here, I wanted to create an addendum to be included at the end of the declarations.
    I have still come to the conclusion that, EVEN IF the burden of proof as listed in these threads is shown to be true, the flip is still ruled to be CRUEL AND UNUSUAL to the victor.

That being said, the flipper is subject to any and all punishments meted out by the victor(s).
    Including but not limited to the following:

1. Bitch slap
    2. Ear punch
    3. Throat grab
    4. Roundhouse kick to the head
    5. Groin strikes
    6. Rectal stuffing as listed by myself
    7. Temporary or Permanent Banishment from play group - to be used only if said flipper is not a close friend and an interloper you met on AxisandAllies.org Find Players
    8. In extreme cases, the flipper may be subject to a series of Lord Curtmungus’s special reprogramming sessions.

• @seancb said in "LOSERS PRIVILEGE":

In extreme cases, the flipper may be subject to a series of Lord Curtmungus’s special reprogramming sessions.

Good night!

• @Karl7

Losers Privilege!?!?!? WTF!?!

Sounds like COWARD’S DEFEAT!

You daintily “flip the board…”

AHahhahaha

If I lose, I pick up the whole table and throw it through the wall into the F#$%ing neighbor’s house!

I call that LOSER’S TRIUMPH!

BOOM!

Rage and honor! :facepunch:

• I think Someone needs to make a video where they play AA and invoke Loser’s Privilege in spectacular fashion.

Suggested Topics

Axis & Allies Boardgaming Custom Painted Miniatures

Users

Topics

1.7m