19L BM3 FMErwinRommel (x) vs Owentoo (L) g2

• 2024 2023 '22 '21 '20 '19

My mouse clicker over counts sometimes. I removed too many from Poland, so had to add 4 infantry back.

I haven’t retreated Germany out of Russia before, so didn’t think it through. I should have retreated the army to Slov and just put a token number in Poland.

• '21 '20 '19 '18 '17

TripleA Turn Summary: Russians round 12

TripleA Turn Summary for game: World War II Global 1940 Balanced Mod3, version: 3.4

Game History

Round: 12

Purchase Units - Russians
            Russians buy 1 armour, 2 artilleries, 5 infantry and 2 mech_infantrys; Remaining resources: 0 PUs; 

Combat Move - Russians
            1 infantry moved from Bryansk to Western Ukraine
            1 artillery moved from Bryansk to Western Ukraine
            1 fighter moved from Russia to Western Ukraine
            1 infantry moved from Belarus to Eastern Poland
            1 artillery moved from Belarus to Eastern Poland
            1 fighter moved from Russia to Eastern Poland
            1 infantry moved from Belarus to Baltic States
            1 artillery moved from Belarus to Baltic States
            2 infantry moved from Ukraine to Bessarabia
            1 tactical_bomber moved from Bryansk to Bessarabia
            1 fighter moved from Russia to Baltic States
            10 infantry moved from Belarus to Novgorod
            5 artilleries moved from Belarus to Novgorod
            1 infantry moved from Belarus to Baltic States
            1 infantry moved from Bryansk to Western Ukraine

Combat - Russians
            Battle in Novgorod
                Russians attack with 5 artilleries and 10 infantry
                Germans defend with 1 airfield, 1 factory_minor, 1 harbour and 2 mech_infantrys
                    Russians roll dice for 5 artilleries and 10 infantry in Novgorod, round 2 : 1/15 hits, 4.17 expected hits
                    Germans roll dice for 2 mech_infantrys in Novgorod, round 2 : 1/2 hits, 0.67 expected hits
                    1 infantry owned by the Russians and 1 mech_infantry owned by the Germans lost in Novgorod
                    Russians roll dice for 5 artilleries and 9 infantry in Novgorod, round 3 : 5/14 hits, 4.00 expected hits
                    Germans roll dice for 1 mech_infantry in Novgorod, round 3 : 1/1 hits, 0.33 expected hits
                    1 infantry owned by the Russians and 1 mech_infantry owned by the Germans lost in Novgorod
                Russians win, taking Novgorod from Germans with 5 artilleries and 8 infantry remaining. Battle score for attacker is 2
                Casualties for Russians: 2 infantry
                Casualties for Germans: 2 mech_infantrys
            Battle in Baltic States
                Russians attack with 1 artillery, 1 fighter and 2 infantry
                Germans defend with 1 infantry
                    Russians roll dice for 1 artillery, 1 fighter and 2 infantry in Baltic States, round 2 : 0/4 hits, 1.33 expected hits
                    Germans roll dice for 1 infantry in Baltic States, round 2 : 0/1 hits, 0.33 expected hits
                    Russians roll dice for 1 artillery, 1 fighter and 2 infantry in Baltic States, round 3 : 3/4 hits, 1.33 expected hits
                    Germans roll dice for 1 infantry in Baltic States, round 3 : 0/1 hits, 0.33 expected hits
                    1 infantry owned by the Germans lost in Baltic States
                Russians win, taking Baltic States from Germans with 1 artillery, 1 fighter and 2 infantry remaining. Battle score for attacker is 3
                Casualties for Germans: 1 infantry
            Battle in Eastern Poland
                Germans defend with 1 infantry
                    Russians roll dice for 1 artillery, 1 fighter and 2 infantry in Eastern Poland, round 2 : 1/4 hits, 1.33 expected hits
                    Italians roll dice for 1 infantry in Eastern Poland, round 2 : 0/1 hits, 0.33 expected hits
                    1 infantry owned by the Germans lost in Eastern Poland
                Russians win, taking Eastern Poland from Italians with 1 artillery, 1 fighter and 2 infantry remaining. Battle score for attacker is 3
                Casualties for Germans: 1 infantry
            Battle in Bessarabia
                Russians attack with 2 infantry and 1 tactical_bomber
                Germans defend with 1 artillery
                    Russians roll dice for 2 infantry and 1 tactical_bomber in Bessarabia, round 2 : 1/3 hits, 0.83 expected hits
                    Germans roll dice for 1 artillery in Bessarabia, round 2 : 0/1 hits, 0.33 expected hits
                    1 artillery owned by the Germans lost in Bessarabia
                Russians win, taking Bessarabia from Germans with 2 infantry and 1 tactical_bomber remaining. Battle score for attacker is 4
                Casualties for Germans: 1 artillery
            Battle in Western Ukraine
                Germans defend with 1 artillery
                    Russians roll dice for 1 artillery, 1 fighter and 2 infantry in Western Ukraine, round 2 : 2/4 hits, 1.33 expected hits
                    Germans roll dice for 1 artillery in Western Ukraine, round 2 : 0/1 hits, 0.33 expected hits
                    1 artillery owned by the Germans lost in Western Ukraine
                Russians win, taking Western Ukraine from Germans with 1 artillery, 1 fighter and 2 infantry remaining. Battle score for attacker is 4
                Casualties for Germans: 1 artillery

Non Combat Move - Russians
            3 armour moved from Belarus to Novgorod
            8 mech_infantrys moved from Belarus to Novgorod
            1 aaGun moved from Belarus to Baltic States
            1 aaGun moved from Belarus to Eastern Poland
            1 aaGun, 5 artilleries and 2 infantry moved from Bryansk to Belarus
            3 armour moved from Russia to Belarus
            3 mech_infantrys moved from Russia to Belarus
            1 fighter moved from Eastern Poland to Belarus
            1 fighter moved from Western Ukraine to Belarus
            1 fighter moved from Baltic States to Belarus
            1 tactical_bomber moved from Bessarabia to Belarus

Place Units - Russians
            2 artilleries and 1 infantry placed in Ukraine
            Russians undo move 1.
            1 artillery placed in Ukraine
            1 artillery and 2 infantry placed in Volgograd
            1 armour, 3 infantry and 2 mech_infantrys placed in Russia
            Russians undo move 2.
            2 infantry placed in Ukraine
            1 artillery placed in Volgograd
            Russians undo move 2.
            2 infantry placed in Volgograd
            1 armour, 1 infantry and 2 mech_infantrys placed in Russia

Turn Complete - Russians
            Russians collect 36 PUs; end with 36 PUs
            Trigger Russians 2 Persia Lend Lease Lane: Russians met a national objective for an additional 2 PUs; end with 38 PUs
            Trigger Russians 3 Siberia Lend Lease Lane: Russians met a national objective for an additional 2 PUs; end with 40 PUs
            Trigger Russians 1 Lend Lease: Russians met a national objective for an additional 2 PUs; end with 42 PUs

Combat Hit Differential Summary :

Germans : -0.33
    Italians : -0.33
    Russians : -1.33

Savegame

• I am away from home until Saturday evening. I will take Japan turn. Was hoping to finish off China, but will destroy the army… then I will concede the game.

I concede the game. You outplayed me again.
    I wanted to be able to say that Japan conquered China. But to guarantee taking out the army in Tsing, which would also leave enough survivors to withstand a UK counterattack, I would have needed the units in Szech to join in, instead of taking Sikang. I could have taken Kansu, which wasn’t defended. I wanted to take Sumatra with a transport and 2 marines with bombardment. Just one blocker would have kept you from reaching. But I would still have needed enough units to withstand an air only attack and then an ANZ attack, while also holding Phil and Japan. You also had more transports than I did. And Europe was lost anyway.

After playing several BM3 games and winning and losing as both Axis and Allies, I’ve come to the conclusion that if Germany concentrates on Russia and doesn’t get bogged down, that together with a hard to mess up Japan, they are very likely to win. I know you did well as UK, and as U.S. when Germany was too poor to buy bombers to threaten sz91. But if Germany earns 80+ instead of high 50’s, and Japan is around 70 until it is ready to take on Russia, then it doesn’t matter if Italy does well or not. Germany can hold off the allies in Gibraltar and win the economic war, if Russia is backed into Moscow, even if Germany doesn’t capture it until much later. Japan can do well with J3 or J1. And you mentioned a game where Germany outplayed you in the Atlantic. Which I will look at now. So what do you think? I still see league results where Allies win. But it seems that a good Axis player doesn’t screw up or have very bad early dice, that he can beat a good Allies player. I will ask if someone has tallied the league results to see if there is a pattern.

• '21 '20 '19 '18 '17

I am pretty sure that the Axis win a vast majority of games between evenly matched opponents. When I play against a stronger opponent than myself, I get smashed when I play Allies, and it is a close game when I am Axis.

The American division of resources between Atlantic and Pacific is a crucial element, and of course, die roll luck can change the course of a game. Even though I have played 30+ league games, I saw some entirely new strategies when I played Shin Ji, and also Samuel06, that were very effective against me. Samuel06 did a G2 attack on Russia, and it is very effective, and he will likely win as the Axis against me. I won as Axis against him with a Sea Lion invasion.

I posted my concession in the league results. Playing Japan was fun, but I messed up Germany early and could never recover. I think that I have learned my lesson on how to play Germany. Thanks, best wishes in your other games.

• '21 '20 '19 '18 '17

Thanks for the games. Good luck in your other games.

Shin Ji used a J2 against me, and it was very effective. He also caught me off guard in Russia with his German invasion. I got out of position, and conceded the game fairly early.

Suggested Topics

Axis & Allies Boardgaming Custom Painted Miniatures

Users

Topics

1.7m