2019 18L TITLE PLAYOFF SEMIFINAL G40 BM Adam vs JuanSpain (Axis + 9)

• '19 '17

TripleA Turn Summary: French round 17

TripleA Turn Summary for game: World War II Global 1940 Balanced Mod3, version: 3.3

Game History

Round: 17

Purchase Units - ANZAC
            ANZAC buy 1 destroyer and 2 submarines; Remaining resources: 0 PUs; 

Combat Move - ANZAC

Non Combat Move - ANZAC
            1 infantry moved from Belarus to Smolensk
            3 fighters moved from Rostov to Smolensk
            1 submarine moved from 62 Sea Zone to 42 Sea Zone
            1 submarine moved from 33 Sea Zone to 44 Sea Zone
            1 submarine moved from 33 Sea Zone to 43 Sea Zone
            1 artillery and 1 infantry moved from Caroline Islands to 33 Sea Zone
            1 artillery, 1 infantry and 2 transports moved from 33 Sea Zone to 55 Sea Zone
            2 infantry moved from Northern Territory to 55 Sea Zone
            1 artillery, 3 infantry and 2 transports moved from 55 Sea Zone to 42 Sea Zone
            1 artillery and 3 infantry moved from 42 Sea Zone to Java
            2 fighters moved from Caroline Islands to Java
            2 destroyers moved from 33 Sea Zone to 42 Sea Zone
            1 infantry moved from Turkmenistan to Kazakhstan
            1 infantry moved from Queensland to Northern Territory

Place Units - ANZAC
            1 destroyer and 2 submarines placed in 62 Sea Zone

Turn Complete - ANZAC
            ANZAC collect 12 PUs; end with 12 PUs
            Objective ANZAC 3 Pacific Supply Lines: ANZAC met a national objective for an additional 3 PUs; end with 15 PUs
            Objective ANZAC 2 Control Strategic Islands: ANZAC met a national objective for an additional 3 PUs; end with 18 PUs

Combat Move - French

Non Combat Move - French
            1 infantry moved from Belarus to Smolensk

Turn Complete - French

Combat Hit Differential Summary :

Savegame

• '19 '18 '17 '16 '15

@Adam514 No issues

• @JuanSpain Another 3 german planes lost in another Marti crush to luftwaffe, anyway it was very difficult for Axis to revert but I feel it impossible with this combat outcome.

Good game Adam! My strat was weak but Marti help when Churchill fell provided a lot of fun. I really enjoyed this game, was different. I could have tried to repeat the strat that gave me victory vs you once in BM but wanted to invent something here and have some fun.

So the 2 best players of the moment (and very probably of all times) face each other in the final, just great!

JDOW, you know you face the best, my favourite is Adam, but if someone can face him is you. Good luck both!

• '19 '17

Good game!

Yeah the Sealion dice gave Axis a chance. It was quite harsh on Russia.

Thanks for the vote of confidence :relaxed: .

• '15 '14

Gratz to Adam and thanks Juan for the nice wishes.
    A very interesting game and again, Juan has prepared something on the whiteboard. Always good for a surprise.

2 things surprised me in general.

1. The biggest surprise was Japan giving up China. Especially with so many ground units bought early. I thought, Japan could have done both, taking Eastern Russian territories AND take China and later India. I think Japan keeping up the threat to win the game would have provided more relief to Germany as USA would not have been able to go so hard after Germany then without unleashing Japan to become a monster.

2. Now, as you had the big Japanese army marching west, I was totally surprised to see it move to Vologda in turn 11. I thought your plan was from the beginning to sent these troops to take Egypt. You could have penetrated the middle east two turns earlier in case this army heads to Kaz in turn 11. This would have brought extra money to Germany, too.
      I believe the game would still be going in this case.

• '19 '17 '16

Haven’t followed this game in detail but I largely agree with JDOW, particularly point 1.

A couple of other more minor things were building the first Japanese IC on Manchuria instead of Kiangsu. I don’t really understand why so many top players do this. I also dislike passing the opportunity to build the first IC J1, particularly without the DOW. I think having a J1 IC on Kiangsu would really have changed the equation for abandoning China. I think the J2 Crussia makes the Manchuria IC an even weaker option.

G4 Sea lion is not a move I’m a big fan of either. Couldn’t the second CV have been bought G3 and 2 more transports G2? I suppose the problem may have been that Normandy wasn’t taken G1.

I think the Italians failed a little. Landing the 2 fighters on Holland I1 when they could have defended the fleet in SZ97 seems a miscue. Was that needed because Normandy wasn’t attacked G1? I would expect Italy to be smacking the allies around in Africa if London is down but they weren’t.

In spite of these criticisms, it was obviously a very well fought game to last so long against Adam514. Are trying the things I mention above what Juan is referring to when he said he wanted to try some different things? I think this game demonstrates the benefits of activating Vichy in a Sea Lion game. The benefits would have been big, providing even dice.

Has the championship game started yet? Should be a great game.

• '19 '17 '16

Can’t wait to put my theories into practice in the 2020 playoffs! Assuming I make it, of course.

• '15 '14

I agree with Simon, good analysis.

The championship game is gonna start in the upcoming week.

• '19 '13

@JDOW

In JDOW we trust! SOMEONE has to break the current Adam streak. But then again, Adam’s streak is nothing if not incredible. Reminds me of AllWeNeedIsLove back in 2013.

It’s Adam’s genius and flexibility even in the light of horrific dice vs. JDOW’s unmatched long-term planning.

What should the over/under be for rounds on this one?

Any takers? (JDOW, you used to work in the gambling industry, perhaps you can help us with some playable bets?)

• '19 '18 '17 '16 '15

@JDOW Have you guys agreed your bid? BM?

Suggested Topics

Axis & Allies Boardgaming Custom Painted Miniatures

Users

Topics

1.7m