The Battle of Winterfell article [spoiler alert]

• Founder TripleA Admin

I knew something wasn’t right when I’m trying to be an armchair general while watching an episode of Game of Thrones. This article breaks in down … and doesn’t even consider that green explosive stuff which was also absent in this battle.

There might be spoilers in this article:
    https://www.vox.com/culture/2019/4/30/18522955/game-of-thrones-season-8-battle-winterfell-military

• '22 '21 '20 '19 '18 '17 '16 '15 '14 '13 Customizer

@djensen

Ya I saw it. Awesome quiet beginning but should of waited for them and what guys said on defense with catapults and dragons.
    What I didn’t like was the ending. The night King never did any one on one fighting and the night walkers just stayed away.
    Sure it was so they wouldn’t get killed and loose some of there walkers when they got killed. Would been cool to see the night walkers fight one on one to help the good side elimate the walkers army some what.
    You don’t really get to see a lot of the Night King through the years/seasons of show and then have him kinda peeter out at his end. Would of been fricken awesome if he killed Arya but since season 3 or whatever it said she was killing blue eyes. FT Sad
    And some more of them actors should of gotten killed. Pissed me off they didn’t.
    Can’t the bad guys win sometimes in movies or shows ? Wt$ ! Lol

• Founder TripleA Admin

They should built some sort of dragon glass shrapnel. :wink:

• I enjoyed it too…

BUT, with the night king gone, the upcoming battle seems secondary…

• '22 '20 '19 '18 '17 '16 '15 '14 '12

@Karl7

Also, what difference will the “Golden Company” make when Dyneris (sp) still has 2 dragons… unless they perfect their fledgling AA abilities.

The Lannisters need tech… Roll some 6’s b*tches!

LMAO !!!

They got tech. Queeny has Wild Fire. But her main issue is is her Wild Fire buddy gonna turn on her. Not the dink uncle even though he s playing the role great ! Queeny had to give in to him for the 19,998 Golden Co. army men.
    They already messed up last battle so somebody will have to step in for next one if they want to win. Dum asses.

• @Karl7 said in The Battle of Winterfell article [spoiler alert]:

@Karl7

Also, what difference will the “Golden Company” make when Dyneris (sp) still has 2 dragons… unless they perfect their fledgling AA abilities.

OK, they succeeded on rolling a 6 and developped enhanced AA-guns - now even based on ships. They shoot down dragons and are capable of sinking an entire fleet, too.
    Only one dragon left … so time to purchase new dragons (maybe with enhanced capabilities) during purchase units phase and place them during placement phase of turn 5 so they can be used in episode/turn 6!

• @Panther said in The Battle of Winterfell article [spoiler alert]:

@Karl7 said in The Battle of Winterfell article [spoiler alert]:

@Karl7

OK, they succeeded on rolling a 6 and developped enhanced AA-guns - now even based on ships. They shoot down dragons and are capable of sinking an entire fleet, too.
    Only one dragon left … so time to purchase new dragons (maybe with enhanced capabilities) during purchase units phase and place them during placement phase of turn 5 so they can be used in episode/turn 6!

Ha, yeah, dragons not so much the silver bullet anymore.

What about wildfire? Somebody has had to have thought about using it as a propellent to hurl projectiles… like gunpowder? What are all those maesters doing in their “citadel”? Gawking at the page 3 girl?

• @Karl7

No page 5 girls.
    They LL get inside kings landing. Jamie will kill Cersei the hound will kill the mountain with Arya
    Place will burn down. Varys and king of tits and wine will be killed for treason. Sansa on the throne. W E

• @SS-GEN

LOL, sounds like an improvement on what probably will happen…

Nothing will be more unsatisfying if it all plays out like it is “supposed” to… there has got to be a twist coming somewhere. Otherwise… SNORE!

• Also be awesome if the Night King jumped into Brans body and is really the NK

SNORE ! Loved Danny going off with dragon ! Don’t blame her. She is going to get nothing in return. Now who is gonna kill her so the Starks rule it all. F that. Arya ? Jon the dink Snow ?
    Hound and mountain good. Ha wouldn’t die so into the fire we go !
    Jamie Cersie lame.
    Varies death was to predictable. Sucked. Nothing really had any action. It was just all dragon fire. But the visuals on that were awesome !
    Hey don’t dragons get heart burn too ? !!!

Well will see I guess how it ends.

• @SS-GEN

So maybe I am dumb, but WTF?

Why did Danny go off like that? They surrendered… Mental break? So, she wipes out millions in property value to prove a point? How much gold is she going to blow now rebuilding all the shite…? STUPID.

Oh, and way to go with the scorpions… They make it look like they had some ability by shooting down a dragon but in this episode all 6’s? Also why wasn’t the iron fleet moving? They just sit there still? F-ing Peal Harbor!

Blah!

@Karl7 said in The Battle of Winterfell article [spoiler alert]:

@SS-GEN

So maybe I am dumb, but WTF?

Why did Danny go off like that? They surrendered… Mental break? So, she wipes out millions in property value to prove a point? How much gold is she going to blow now rebuilding all the shite…? STUPID.

Oh, and way to go with the scorpions… They make it look like they had some ability by shooting down a dragon but in this episode all 6’s? Also why wasn’t the iron fleet moving? They just sit there still? F-ing Peal Harbor!

Blah!

They all pissed Danny off so bad she didn’t give a Rats ass what happen. Like most they snap before they get ALL the FACTS !
    Hmmm…
    The Scorpions are like AA guns. Harder to hit a dive bomber when gun is stuck
    In one position. More like my d12’s @12. If those ships had all scorpion guns they should of all had been in different positions. You knew she was gonna come basically straight down.
    Iron fleet to close together as part of your Pearl Harbor.
    Show sucked. Too much Dragon Fire.
    Crappy deaths if any mattered now.
    Show is rated G last 2 episodes BS
    It’s like now let’s not kill everybody and when they die make it nice. Varys was it like thrones show was. (‘)
    🤬

• Founder TripleA Admin

Why could one dragon wipe out an entire city of 1M people but two dragons could not wipe out the entire army of White Walkers? Huh?

• @djensen said in The Battle of Winterfell article [spoiler alert]:

Why could one dragon wipe out an entire city of 1M people but two dragons could not wipe out the entire army of White Walkers? Huh?

Look who’s leading them Sir Jon Snow. Defeat right there. As for attacking the WW they would of maybe draw.n out the NK and his dragon early if they would of hit the WW first. Don’t do you no good over looking battlefield from a cliff and dragons on ground.

Danny will die by JS and Starks rule as it was Always planned.
    Some rumors and you tube reviews are saying it was caused by Bran making Danny go off and as I said the NK is inside Bran. That be awesome but looks like the bitter was destroying KL and the sweet is Sansa controller of 7 kingdoms and Johnny boy ruling Winterfell
    F that.

• What a cop out fricken ending.

Im still watching show.

Totally disappointed

• @SS-GEN

Bran?

Didn’t see that coming…

• Founder TripleA Admin

I think Bran came up in at least one article that I read. I think the ending was fine. The passage of time from Daenerys’s death was a little jarring/anit-climatic but the details may not have worked well in a TV show.

I think the episode was oddly consistent and I think it did a good job of explaining why Daenerys went “insane” and why it was consistent with her character. It was obvious Jon would have to kill her.

Bran. The only trouble here is that his story line just kinda faded away seasons ago. “Why do you think I’m here.” Hahahaha but huh? Care to share something with the audience there? The new prequel could potentially reveal why it was “obvious” that he would become ruler. But Bran would’ve been more fun if he were in it more. “Didn’t participate in the group project but still got the A+” is one of my favorite memes of the show.

From at least season 2, I felt that the whole thing would end with a new form of government. I just thought it was going to be Daenerys that did it. Instead it was the actions of Daenerys that made it obvious to abolish succession through heirs.

In the end, it was fine. The Lost ending was terrible. I didn’t watch Sopranos but that ending seemed like a let down. There are many shows with terrible endings and I just don’t think this is one of them. It’s not an awesome ending but it’s also not terrible. It’s just fine.

• I agree some with ya but that’s all I’m gonna say.
    It could come back as a movie but I’m sure be a lot of different actors. Just not the way most wanted the to end that way from all the responses.

Suggested Topics

Axis & Allies Boardgaming Custom Painted Miniatures

Users

Topics

1.7m