• IPC compromisable
    A quarter of territory’s’ IPC income rounded to nearest IPC.

Condition
    3 or more cycles of combat (exclude dogfighting).

Multiple attacks
    As soon as one attack meets condition, further attacks til the next income collection for the territory have no effect.

• can you make an example with items 1 and 3?  i dont follow your idea.

• Germany/Berlin has income of 10 IPC. One quarter is 2.5 rounded off to 3 IPC. (I should say round-off not round-up or round-down or round-to-nearest…)
    So Germany/Berlin loses 3 IPCs if it suffers an attack with 3 or more cycles of combat excluding dogfighting-only cycles.

German holds Germany/Berlin. If Russia attacked Germany/Berlin and meet the condition thus reduced Germany/Berlin’s income, further attacks by UK and US do not cause further industrial interruption damage. However if Russia withdrew from its attack after 2nd round than attacks by UK or US has a chance to cause industrial interruption damage.

What we are modeling is only a factor of income can be affected, and multiple small attacks in the same round do not stack.

Alternatively we could have each attack causing 1 IPC reduction on its own, total of attacks do not exceed the 1/4 compromisable income.

• OK… yes some income from an adjacent land attack from the enemy should “cost” you some IPC but the problem becomes one where like in invasions you only need to land ONE infantry or attack with one infantry to cost the enemy say 3 IPC. this is a trick that results from these rules. I feel they should not be addressed at this time, but we can come back to it after phase two. Can you repost everything we agree on phase one? WE need to move forward with this.

• @Imperious:

but the problem becomes one where like in invasions you only need to land ONE infantry or attack with one infantry to cost the enemy say 3 IPC. this is a trick that results from these rules.

No you can’t pull that one off.
    theduke saw that already at the beginning. 8-)

You need “3 or more combat cycles excluding dogfighting”.
    So you need a sizable attacking force with respect to defending force.

• Well better is for every free shore shot, 4 infantry have to land.

• :?
    Shore shot?
    Are we talking about shore bombardment?

• Thats the most common way to gain the freebie… you attack France with 3 battleships and like 2-3 men and a plane or two, killing 5 germans because you planned to really send a few boys to gain France on the cheap. Thats the most common cheapo attack. Now you wont land less than 8-12 infantry to overcome 4-6 germans, because you wont get into those situations where you take France with one infantry… either France Falls with overwhelming odds or the Allies dont try it unless they are gonna be forced to to save the game from defeat.

• Ok I replied in the land combat thread.

• got it.

• So is this Income rule set done for phase 1?

• you mean about “isolation”… i think thats phase two stuff… also it need something … or lacks something

• I thought the idea was to have a simple rule in place for phase1 and add details (in particular, further restrictions and naval convoy) later.

It certainly lack a few more things. But can look into it now if we want the details for phase1.

To me the current isolation rule is like the “sub can’t hit sub” rule. Simple and straight forward realism rule.
    We don’t get a sub to attack another sub. We don’t send iron ore trucks through enemy territory, nor do we air lift them…

• Ok rewrite exactly how it should read in a phase one setting… an will have a look at it. The last form you posted was too short. provide one example for clarification.

• Ok how about this.

Isolation or Blockade

During collect income phase if a territory is completely surrounded by hostile/neutral territories and/or hostile sea zones, its income cannot be spent in other territories.
    That income and only that income can be spent in its IC or VC during purchase units phase this turn.
    That income is forfeited if not spent this turn.

eg. USSR holds Karelia S.S.R., Archangel, Russia, Kazakh S.S.R., Caucasus, Ukraine S.S.R., and Belorussia. Germany holds West Russia. Germany may only use West Russia’s income on Western Russia or it is be forteited.

Industrial interruption or Production interruption

During collect income phase if a territory suffered one or more attacks since your last turn and at least 3 combat cycles (excluding dogfighting) has occurred in one or more of these attacks, its income is reduced by 1/4 rounded down to the nearest IPC.

eg. UK attacked Germany’s Western Europe and 3 combat cycles excluding dogfighting has occurred. Germany collects 1 (6 / 4 = 1.5 = 1) less IPCs from Western Europe next turn.

• OK but the degree of loss in case two is too great. How bout 1/2 rounded down?

• :?

Too great?
    Yet its 1/4 at the moment and you want 1/2 ?

By the way its income reduced by 1/4, not income becomes 1/4.

• Germany collects 1 (6 / 4 = 1.5 = 1)

so for France germany collects 5 instead of 6? i read the result is Germany loses 5 IPC according to your post?

• :-o, no its “1 less”

“Germany collects 1 (6 / 4 = 1.5 = 1) less IPCs from Western Europe next turn.”

• OK but all that just to lose 1 IPC? Whats the math on a 2 IPC territory?  Can it be simplified further? IPC values of 1-5= lose one, IPC values of 6-12= lose two?

Suggested Topics

Axis & Allies Boardgaming Custom Painted Miniatures

Users

Topics

1.7m