AARHE: Main Topic Board (Phase 1)

• Lets keep phase one as it stands and look at things after the other two phases are done. A clearer idea of what direction we should travel will present itself to us depending on what other ideas we come up with. Just move forward with phase two stuff.

• My ruleset probably won’t be available for a while anyway on account of how after tomorrow I won’t have access to a computer for a week. Let’s go with the phase 1 rules we already have written up and I’ll just eventually post what I’m currently writing up with under some other name to avoid confusion. I think the writeup we have already will probably end up going along better with phase 2 anyway. I just don’t want to abandon what I have since it has a ton of new ideas that I just came up with.

I can’t wait to come back in a week to be completely overwhelmed by the number of new ideas everyone’s come up with.

• @theduke:

I don’t have to consult a table for the 15 VCPs/ nation system.

Yes I agree that the current system is a bit easier to remember.
    But I think it don’t be easy to memorize 7 (5-3-2-2-1-1-1) cities/territory per nation anyway. I think we’ll still have plenty of table lookups.

@Imperious:

Lets keep phase one as it stands and look at things after the other two phases are done.

@theduke:

Let’s go with the phase 1 rules we already have written up and I’ll just eventually post what I’m currently writing up with under some other name to avoid confusion.

Ok I’ll finish off writing up the justifications and go build the phase 2 thread structure.

We’ll include the new simpler infantry mobilisation rules anyway since all 3 of us said it was good.

• Yes and make it all in table format right?

• I’m probably going to win the award for most random question ever by asking this, but how many aircraft movement markers come with the game and how many are labeled 1, 2, 3, etc…?

I don’t know the answer myself because I think I lost a few of them over the last couple years (probably because I don’t worry about keeping them on account of how they are worthless).  :-P  I’m asking because I’m looking into making a change to the game that would utilize them for something else.

Thanks for your help.

• I have the 4th edition from Avalon Hill known as “revised”.

There are 15 of those aircraft movement markers.

4 x 1’s
    4 x 2’s
    3 x 3’s
    1 x 4’s
    1 x 5’s
    1 x 6’s
    1 x 7’s

• Thank you tekkyy.

• So here’s a question: with soviet xenophobia, coud the western allies attack german troops on soil that was originally russian at the start of the war (german controlled russian soil) without pissing off stalin or breaking some agreement?

FYI- I’m still working on my writeup. When I starting writing it out I came up with a million new ideas so it keeps changing. I should have it posted in a week or 2.

• It seems US and UK can’t move land units onto red territories as long as Moscow is controlled by USSR.

By the way this might fit under Phase 2 National Victory Condition / Diplomacy thread.

• Yep thats correct… but once Moscow is fallen its possible for western allies to move into Soviet territories because after all communism has fallen and Stalin is dead.

see its quite simple rule

Suggested Topics

Axis & Allies Boardgaming Custom Painted Miniatures

Users

Topics

1.7m