Welcome! If you're a returning member of the forums, please reset your password. If you don't receive an email within minutes, it means your account is listed under another, likely older, email address. Contact webmaster@axisandallies.org for help.

How to tell Classic first from second

• I just bought a used Axis And Allies Classic Edition And was wondering wether or not it was first or second. I know that the difference is only in rules and that the peices, board, and everything else is the same. The only problem is that the one I bought Didn’t Have The Rule Book. Is there anyway to tell the difference without the rule book? Thank you,

• 2019 2018 2017 2016 2015 '14 Customizer '13 '12 '11 '10

If I’m not mistaken, the original edition of the Milton Bradley version of A&A was published in 1984 and the one with the rulebook modification / addition was published a couple of years later. Check the date printed on the box; if it says 1984, it’s presumably the original version.

• 2018 2017

The only way I know of to tell early model Milton Bradley (MB) era A&A games from late model MB era A&A games, without looking at the rule book, is to count how many infantry pieces each country has. Early versions came with 15 infantry per country, which was found to be too few. Later versions came with 17 or 18 infantry per country, to help make up the gap between pieces on hand and pieces needed on the board.

I don’t know if that will help you, but good luck either way.

-Midnight_Reaper

Welcome to the new forums! For security and technical reasons, we did not migrate your password. Therefore to get started, please reset your password. You may use your email address or username. Please note that your username is not your display name.

If you're having problems, please send an email to webmaster@axisandallies.org

T-shirts, Hats, and More

Suggested Topics

I Will Never Grow Up Games

Users

Topics

1.3m