• 2023 '22 '21 '20 '19 '18 '17

In a game I am currently playing I noticed that I stopped getting dice emails for a couple of turns. I then realized that it was because the email addresses and game ID were changed to another game that I had checked on. This hasn’t happened other times when I check other games though. Can the game get the emails and game ID mixed up when it loads a file?

This game has gone very long (we are in round 46) and I’ve noticed it takes a few seconds to load. If I click on play game too quickly I end up with Germany turn 1. I thought maybe that would be connected.

• @farmboy It is always a good idea to check for the email/game ID information in the PBEM settings after loading a savegame. Usually the email and gameID details are saved with the savegame.
    What you experience should not be a question of mixing up details but likely replacing “old” details with those of the “new” savegame.

As you have noticed savegame files get bigger the longer a games lasts, as it is always the complete game history that is saved with the file. So be sure to take the time to completely load the savegame.
    You should be safe, then.

When you start TripleA without opening a savegame the game points to the map that you had chosen to play lately:
    loadfile1.PNG

Now when you load a savegame, the loading procedure is over once the file you have chosen appears replacing the mapfile:
    openfile2.PNG

At that point you can be sure that all information has been loaded into the engine. However I recommend to verify the PBEM settings as mentioned above.

• @Panther thanks for the response. Its certainly easy for me to address by just being a bit more careful in opening the game.

Just thought it was strange error that I would get the right file loaded but the wrong dice email and game ID and was curious as to why that would happen.

• @farmboy Yes, strange enough, I agree!

Suggested Topics

Axis & Allies Boardgaming Custom Painted Miniatures

Users

Topics

1.7m