[House Rules] The 20 IPC Question....

• @SS-GEN will do. Looking forward to trying it out. been a while since I did a big change.

• Maybe the cruiser being A4 D4 would help more in oob to help eliminate the bid.

• @SS-GEN yea idk. would help Japan a lot too. My concern is that D4 would make the 110 SZ rd 1 battle pretty hard on Germany

Also, I think the defensive fleet usually has the advantage, which can lead to big fleets having standoffs instead of battle

• Ya but it would slow down Germany. See there’s to many things in oob that have to be tweaked. Imo

• Restrict Japan tank buy, M1 only for all motorized units in Asia and Siberian territory’s up to Nov. I’ll stop. Lol

• @SS-GEN yea I don’t really know. While I enjoy the game, I’m basically a low to intermediate player.

Pretty much Russia just needs more dough in oob. I just try and add as many ideas that seem worth trying to triplea so it’s easier for people if they actually want to put thought to practice : )

• @SS-GEN heh heh no worries. I use “Primitive Terrain” for most of China except for some non coastal TTs and Soviet Far East. All land units can only move one. Doesn’t effect planes.

Slows Japan marching to Russia down a bit

• Alright this is where I am with this cruiser situation. 11 IPC’s and attack at 4 when paired with a battleship. Otherwise defends on a 3 and bombard on a 3.

Or just keep them at 12 and just allow 1 infantry transport. I still see the utility of it as the main reason to buy. But having it at 11 allows you to buy 1 cruiser and a sub turn 1 with UK pac.

Another thing is having the cruiser able to transport troops allows faster island hopping for EVERYONE. Not just Japan. Sure they can get a few extra places but anzac can now build a combat fleet AND drop a guy off on the money islands. Same with US and UK. Maybe that would be best. I would be much more willing to buy a 12 IPC cruiser if i could move an infantry around.

What about this…
    The destroyer is the infantry of the sea right? So why don’t we just change that 2 Attack to a 1 and have the cruiser act like artillery for infantry. So every destroyer paired up with a cruiser has an attack of 2. This would force people to buy more subs for offensive punch. What do you think of that?

• @barnee
    Well if you use the Tamvaan mode PLUS you make the cruiser cost 12, able to transport 1 infantry and A4 and D4 when paired with a BB you could balance out both germany and japan since you slightly buff the Soviets and anzac enough to counter Japan.

• @Mursilis said in [House Rules] The 20 IPC Question....:

@barnee
    Well if you use the Tamvaan mode PLUS you make the cruiser cost 12, able to transport 1 infantry and A4 and D4 when paired with a BB you could balance out both germany and japan since you slightly buff the Soviets and anzac enough to counter Japan.

Yea I like the idea of taamvan’s mod because it doesn’t change much. I think I’ll make the NOs except for lenningrad a $3 option. Give some more flexibility with it.

Is that what you’re trying now ? My initial thought is that D4 might be too powerful, as my impression is the defensive fleet usually has the advantage.
    I’ve never tried it though.

Only made it a couple rounds in my test game before I decided on another approach : ) so haven’t really got much action with A4.
    Decided to let planes target capital ships before regular combat starts. Didn’t seem right that AA shooting at them and they just gotta take it heh heh.

Anyway, let me know if you want a triplea option for testing.
    Rock On :)

Suggested Topics

Axis & Allies Boardgaming Custom Painted Miniatures

Users

Topics

1.7m