19L axis-dominion (+4) vs KILL!!! (allies) bm3

• @axis-dominion said in 19L axis-dominion (+4) vs KILL!!! (allies) bm3:

well good game then!

actually, now that the match is over, I’ll explain where you could’ve gotten me better:

1. you did not have a single American available in London to threaten a landing in Norway or holland even. without that kind of threat, the axis had it easy defending those territories. they didn’t need a lot of resources to guard, as the brits alone can’t stack enough to pose as a credible threat.
    2. you didn’t have a single American bomber or even tac in London that could’ve possibly threatened to disable my AB in w.ger, which would potentially allow you to then strike at my navy. this would of course require more resources to guard against.
    3. you didn’t have a single American to threaten a landing in n.italy, greece, or yugo. this would’ve been a huge concern for the axis and they’d have to invest more in defending these lands.

doing any or all of the above actually wouldn’t have required a lot of investment from the Americans, so it wouldn’t take that much away from their campaign against Japan. I mean even ONE transport to threaten Norway or Southern Europe might have made such a difference!

then there is Russia. man with Germany pushing hard on the Middle East, Russia with its massive force could’ve sent HALF of it lunging into Europe. that’d be very hard and scary for the axis to counter, which would definitely thwart any intentions to invade London and would definitely make me reconsider my push into the Middle East. I think you played too conservatively and defensively with russia.

Good points, especially about no enough pressure on W Europe. I sense that as well.

As for Russia, I think you are underestimating the threat there. If Russia moved a main inf stack more than 1 space away from Moscow, you could’ve rushed back in range of hitting Moscow. That was the double threat I was talking about. I couldn’t block you because of the Italians. I needed almost all to be in range of Moscow to stop a strike.

• man you had like a massive RAF, like 20 and eventually 30+ air, now imagine if you landed some Americans in n.ita, and then flew all that massive airforce to stack it. BAM! of course I would try to prevent that from happening, which would require me to turtle up more and my offensive campaigns into russia and the Middle East would be significantly impacted. time was not on my side for sure.

• @Karl7 said in 19L axis-dominion (+4) vs KILL!!! (allies) bm3:

@axis-dominion said in 19L axis-dominion (+4) vs KILL!!! (allies) bm3:

well good game then!

actually, now that the match is over, I’ll explain where you could’ve gotten me better:

1. you did not have a single American available in London to threaten a landing in Norway or holland even. without that kind of threat, the axis had it easy defending those territories. they didn’t need a lot of resources to guard, as the brits alone can’t stack enough to pose as a credible threat.
    2. you didn’t have a single American bomber or even tac in London that could’ve possibly threatened to disable my AB in w.ger, which would potentially allow you to then strike at my navy. this would of course require more resources to guard against.
    3. you didn’t have a single American to threaten a landing in n.italy, greece, or yugo. this would’ve been a huge concern for the axis and they’d have to invest more in defending these lands.

doing any or all of the above actually wouldn’t have required a lot of investment from the Americans, so it wouldn’t take that much away from their campaign against Japan. I mean even ONE transport to threaten Norway or Southern Europe might have made such a difference!

then there is Russia. man with Germany pushing hard on the Middle East, Russia with its massive force could’ve sent HALF of it lunging into Europe. that’d be very hard and scary for the axis to counter, which would definitely thwart any intentions to invade London and would definitely make me reconsider my push into the Middle East. I think you played too conservatively and defensively with russia.

Good points, especially about no enough pressure on W Europe. I sense that as well.

As for Russia, I think you are underestimating the threat there. If Russia moved a main inf stack more than 1 space away from Moscow, you could’ve rushed back in range of hitting Moscow. That was the double threat I was talking about. I couldn’t block you because of the Italians. I needed almost all to be in range of Moscow to stop a strike.

well no, because you also had a massive airforce that could be flown to aid Moscow in a pinch.

• what we could do for fun is, I could take over your allies at a few rounds earlier, and we can see if my points are valid at all.

want to try that?

• @axis-dominion

Nah, I never like to relive old games, especially ones I feel demoralized about.

Besides, I agree mostly anyway, just not about Russia. It was hamstrung more than I think you appreciate.

• No problem. Well whenever you’re up for a rematch just HMU. We can take a couple days break and then kick off another one if you want.

• '22 '20 '19 '18 '17 '16 '15 '14 '12

Are you getting soft?

KILL!

• '22 '20 '19 '18 '17 '16 '15 '14 '12

@Karl7

I’ll take Axis for +12

• Lol just that I need to still catch up on my other games! But ok you can at least start the game. Take axis at 6?

• @axis-dominion

6? how about 9?

• no 9 is too much. I’m already being too generous at 6 lol

• @axis-dominion

hahaah

ok 6.

Should I just restart this thread?

• no, new thread plz

• '19 '17 '16

@Karl7 said in 19L axis-dominion (+4) vs KILL!!! (allies) bm3:

@Karl7

The only other thing I can think of would be to crash harder into Europe, but again that would mean Japan out of control.

If you’re up for other feedback, I’m not convinced about the no scramble G1. I think it should have been a full scramble, or perhaps SZ110 to save a fighter for Taranto. Perhaps you were worried about Sea Lion, with the buy by G? Likely to suggest a J3 DOW too. You would have had to change the UK buy of course. Also, I don’t really like the move of the Med fleet into the Red Sea.

Not sure how the SZ92 stack would fare with the CV buy. Perhaps it would be a bad idea?

Had a look at this thread because of your comments about a broken game. I’m going to look at it some more.

• @simon33

well the ultimate reality is that AD out played me and I can’t take it!!

haahahahahah

Suggested Topics

Axis & Allies Boardgaming Custom Painted Miniatures

Users

Topics

1.7m