• '21 '20 '18 '17

@weddingsinger Great demonstration of the outcomes. Wish we had more than 3 tanks and 2 tacs but its early in the game.

The consistent observation that whenever Moscow tries this, at a small scale (precision counterattacks) or like this (in your face!) that Germany benefits from the trade because of its greater overall power, air force, and Russia’s shrinking income/factory production over time.

Also if the attack fails and we have to fall back, then the mechs would be the better buy as a backing force. That kind of insurance is hard to buy…if this attack fails the entire plan is in jeopardy when they counter with all their air.

But like the opening of G42 and 42.2, its all luck based whether you get good strafes and good dice and so this just pushes the critical moment of the game way up in terms of time.

• @taamvan

I haven’t done math on a G1 buy of mechs/tanks. I’m thinking 6 tanks or 7 mechs makes it all pointless for Russia. All other buys…

I’m scrambling London but not Scotland so hopefully Germany loses 3 or 4 planes.

If Russia buys 6 tanks R1, Germany can’t safely hold E. Poland G2 which means a big advantage for Russia if Germany makes the mistake and tries to.

At the same time, all US buys are Atlantic so they can threaten Normandy or Norway very early, or help with Italy a bit. UK preps to join in and maybe also drop troops in Greece. The more German units have to spread out, the better and mechanized Russia can capitalize on mistakes very well.

G3 scenarios I haven’t worked through yet.

• '17

I don’t really understand the idea of stacking E. Poland on G2. I stack Baltic if I DOW on G2. Often I keep all 3 eastern tanks and 1 mech from W. Germany; plus I’ll add the 2 inf from Denmark. Germany has no problem stacking Baltic States G2. Than next turn I send everything to Leningrad in order to purchase from that factory on G4.

If not doing a DOW on G2, than it’s a G3 Stack on E. Poland with hopefully an Italian can opener.

Weddingsinger, would like to play you again, but I can’t seem to figure out how to fix the settings on my computer for Play by Forum. I can only play triplea live.

• @Ichabod

Load a saved game and change the settings?

I’m up for a game if we get you working. I want to keep testing and seeing variations.

Suggested Topics

Axis & Allies Boardgaming Custom Painted Miniatures

Users

Topics

1.7m