👋 Introduce or Re-Introduce Yourself (Current)

• 2023 '22 '21 '20 '19 '18

Welcome

Very nice table :)

• Hello, I’m Spencer. I’m from Wisconsin Rapids, WI but I’m currently stationed in San Diego, CA. I’ve been playing Axis and Allies for just over a decade starting with Spring 1942. I play 1941, 1942 2nd Ed. and Global 40. I don’t have a copy of 1914 but i enjoy games occasionally. I play about once a month with other sailors. I dabble in painting and have taken an interest in house rules.

• 2023 '22 '21 '20 '19 '18

Hi Sixis
    Welcome to the site. Do you mind stating what ship you’re on ? gotta a couple buddies that were on aircraft carriers . one was on the"Ranger" lol

Anyway thanks for doing your part :)

• Hello All - I’m Erinmores. I play some AA G40 Alpha 3+ ish. I’m in the Denver Colorado region For the most part, not into painted pieces or house rules. We do modify some things - Russia moves there 18 plus Art at beginning of turn so that Japan/Germany can go simultaneously first few rounds - really cuts down game time. And we use poker chips in lieu of paper money. Again, speeds up game play. We have some custom built gaming tables that are really sweet. Seeking online gaming.

• @barnee I am on USS Decatur DDG73.

• @djensen Thx for welcome!
    I am a 45 age player, from Italy, with bad english.
    COVID-19 make me refresh A&A game, and i set up my table in G40 edition, re-study rules and ready for a match.
    I am looking for player…atm dont know if by mail or something else…
    Any suggestion are welcome.
    Cya

• @Maffezza

Hi Maffezza and Welcome. Triplea is your best bet for finding a game. This a little out of date but should still be relevant:

https://www.axisandallies.org/forums/topic/17147/gargantua-s-k-i-s-s-triplea-instructions/4

Just ask if you have any questions. Actually I believe @Wittmann may be Italian speaker ? Not entirely sure but he’s very knowledgeable about how triplea works

• @barnee thank you.
    @Maffezza ciao. Son Fiorentino, ma ho la mamma inglese. E’ 50 anni abito in Inghilterra.
    Ed e’ 5 anni che gioco AAA.
    Hai WhatsApp? Possiamo parlare cosi’, se vuoi.
    Leo .

• @djensen An old player of the original game, back in the 80s when it first came out. Played it non-stop for a couple years at school, developed my own set of “Advanced A&A” rules which, sadly, I lost many years ago. Had a number of the ideas they incorporated into the later versions of the game, including The Bismarck (battleship that takes two hits to kill), paratroopers, etc. Anyway, post-school, barely played for many years (got hooked on Diplomacy PBEM for a while, played in the Worlds both online and FtF a couple years, and then, you know, life steps in…)

Now my sons are grown and playing A&A with their friends, so I picked up the new version (G1940) and have played with them a bit. Still very much learning the intricacies of the new board, but enjoying it very much. Great discussions on this site, have helped me figure out the game much quicker than I would have otherwise - I don’t have the time to play and replay like I did the original!

• @Wittmann @betaphi @Thequilla98
    I am Major JSoto.

I have played many many years of Allie’s and axis on the other website.

However, there seems there is no body there to play with.

I love playing $! either side works for me.

Major J
    up over and out!

• @Major-JSoto post in Find Players. There is always someone who want a a game . Be sure to say which version you want to play .
    Good luck and welcome to the forum!

• Hi all. Name is Landon from Pittsburgh, PA. Just discovered this series a few months ago with 1941. I immediately got hooked and started looking up strategies and found that there were other editions of Axis and Allies that I had never heard off. With quarantine keeping me at home and looking for something to do, I bought both A&A Zombies and A&A Europe 2nd edition. Hoping to get Pacific soon. Still new to everything but excited to learn and develop new ways to play.

Thanks to everyone on the Forum! You guys are the best!

• anytime!

Majot

• @LtWinters f yea dude ! Rock !!!

• @LtWinters said in Introduce or Re-Introduce Yourself (Current):

Hi all. Name is Landon from Pittsburgh, PA. Just discovered this series a few months ago with 1941. I immediately got hooked and started looking up strategies and found that there were other editions of Axis and Allies that I had never heard off. With quarantine keeping me at home and looking for something to do, I bought both A&A Zombies and A&A Europe 2nd edition. Hoping to get Pacific soon. Still new to everything but excited to learn and develop new ways to play.

Thanks to everyone on the Forum! You guys are the best!

I think that you’ve got some rocking ideas. I’m glad to see another shiny face, ready to conquer the world.

That said, I might suggest trying out 1942 (preferably the Second Edition) before tackling the 1940 games (Europe 1940 and Pacific 1940). There are game concepts used in the 1940 games that are also in 1942 (such as Cruisers as naval units, Strategic Bombing to attack factories, naval gunfire support for amphibious landings, anti-aircraft guns, etc.). The difference is that if you go from 1941 and Zombies to the 1940 games, you will get hit with all the new concepts from 1942 and a bunch of new concepts that are only in the 1940s games (Mechanized Infantry (Infantry guys, now in trucks or half-tracks, so they can keep up with the tanks), Tactical Bombers, Convoy Raiding, etc.). Having to figure out everything all at once might be a bit much.

All I’m saying is that the pool is very, very deep in places and you might be better served by trying the 10 foot section of the pool before going straight to the 40 foot, diver trial, section of the pool.

My 2 IPCs anyways,

-Midnight_Reaper

• @Midnight_Reaper Thanks for the advice! I’ll definitely look into getting 1942 soon.

• Hello everyone. I had introduced myself before, but had to redo my account, and it got deleted I guess.
    I am from Missouri. I have been playing Axis and Allies for a few years now. I only recently started trying to get better at strategy. I usually play with my brother, but sometimes with a friend too. I have only played A&A 1942, but just got the 1940 global and am excited to play that. I haven’t done much with customizations or house rules, but would like to eventually.

• @J-o-C Lots of Game veterans in here Boyo. Ask away. Plenty of strats to bounce off of. If you havent taken a look at the custom jobs give it a look see. Its incredible.

• Thanks, I definitely will.

• Hey all. I’m from Minneapolis and I started playing Classic in the late 90s/early 2000s and fell in love with it. I played a ton of that, the old Xeno Games World at War, and some A&A Europe. Quit playing for awhile and picked it up again about 6 years ago when I found Global 40, playing almost weekly ever since. I’ve played tons of that, the Naval Minis, the Global 1942 tournament game and recently I started playing HBG’s Global 36 game (which I love). While I’ve always preferred to play live (It’s the poker player in me), I’m open to playing new opponents online as well. I just haven’t posted on here because I’ve had multiple groups to play with. Always glad to talk shop or play A&A, so feel free to message me.

Suggested Topics

Axis & Allies Boardgaming Custom Painted Miniatures

Users

Topics

1.7m