đź‘‹ Introduce or Re-Introduce Yourself (Current)

• @perceptio15 Tons of people play in that area, I’m headed to gencon in indianapolis to play G42, and run a league for Global in KC STL CHI! Welcome

• PantherP Panther forked this topic on

• Hi @perceptio15

We started playing Axis & Allies Classic back in the Early 90’s.

We purchased 3 Expansions from Gamers Paradise - for use with Axis & Allies Classic.

At the House Rules section - under Customizations - at this forum, you might want to check out The Captain’s House Rules Collection - especially the Axis & Allies Global 1940 House Rules Expansion.

This Expansion origins back from the Axis & Allies Classic version - and is compatible with all Axis & Allies versions - with some adjustments.

We hope you’ll find tons of Fun & Challenge at this forum.

• greatings from Italy
    i’ve been playing on and off to the 2017 anniversary edition for 3 years now, unfortunatly my board got ruined so i’ll take a look the marketplace later to see if anybody is selling replacements, looking also to get in the global 1940 soon

• @flyingbadger Hello,
    from Central, PA. I’ve been a gamer for nearly 42 years and still enjoy sitting down to simpler games such as Axis & Allies.
    Currently I’ve been developing a Korean War game. Images can be found in the variants forum.

• Greetings A&A community. I have been wrangled into the fold here by persistent members who want to print the best looking mats for their game. I create mats on 1/8" thick neoprene rubber, printed in a minimum of 300 dpi resolution. I have made tons of mats for folks from here already, and stock some popular ones that folks keep coming back for. I make mats for tons of games, and that is kinda my business.

I started playing Axis & Allies in 1986, and for a decade it was easily my favorite game. It was what in part led to me getting into the gaming industry, where today I make mats, games, and toys for all of us adult kids. Feel free to reach out to me if you need a mat printed, or some 3d resin prints as well.

Cheers,
    Eric

• '21 '20 '18 '17

@dishero

there is already an interesting Axis and Allies Korea, i enjoyed watching it

• @taamvan I’d be very interested in seeing that game. If you check in the custom game section you can see pics of my game when it was being play tested.

• @dishero welcome!

• @reardon Sorry to hear about your game board. Same thing happened to my anniversary board. lesson, play no board game under bathroom pipes!

• @taamvan Working on finishing new map and rules to fix errors. Stay Tuned

• I am new to the axis and allies’ community but what I lack in experience I make for in enthusiasm. My grandkids are outgrowing risk and they have taken over monopoly and making their own rules. I am moving them up to A&A and will look here for advice tips etc. Looking forward to being part of the community.
    Cheers
    The Martian Marvin

• Welcome to the site @themartianmarvin

If you have any questions please ask :)

• @themartianmarvin said in đź‘‹ Introduce or Re-Introduce Yourself (Current):

I am new to the axis and allies’ community but what I lack in experience I make for in enthusiasm. My grandkids are outgrowing risk and they have taken over monopoly and making their own rules. I am moving them up to A&A and will look here for advice tips etc. Looking forward to being part of the community.
    Cheers
    The Martian Marvin

WELCOME!!!

Which games do you have?

• @andrewaagamer I do not have original anniversary or 1914 and o w other I am sorting but I do have all the rest

• 2024 2023 '22 '21 '20

So Spring edition 1942 is the easiest to learn. Depending how sophisticated your grand kids are you may or may not want to start them on that game.

If they are already too experienced for that one if you had AA50 I would recommend that one since the ruleset is the best and not as complicated as Global 1940, Europe 1940 or Pacific 1940. Since you have Revised that would be my recommendation for a more complex game.

Glad you are teaching the next Generation!

• Hello everyone, I’m new to the community. I’m located in the greater Seattle, WA, USA area. I’m currently playing Axis and Allies online. I was just gifted the 1942 2nd edition board game in Dec of 2022, but haven’t gotten much use out of it because I only know one person that plays and it’s an all day event.

I’ve been actively making a few turns a day for the last month or two online. Before that I played a few times as a teenager with my dad. The stages of learning has been obviously tiered. In short I’ve learned what works against the computer, doesn’t work against people. Playing the computer just teaches you bad habit. Then I learned what works against bronze players doesn’t work against silver players. This week I got a custom game against a platinum player and realized what works in silver doesn’t work in the more advanced play. I’m excited that I got a game against a platinum player because I’ve been punished for mistakes that I previously didn’t know I was making. I learned more in one losing platinum game then I think I have in all other games combined.

If anyone know of some users who post their games on youtube with detailed commentary about their thoughts and strategy I’d love to know which channels. I just found TTG who I’ve liked because he talks through a lot of his thought process.

Looking forward to playing against you all and chatting with you on the forums.

• Hi @salish_rogue-0 Welcome to the site ! You may want to browse some of the posts here https://www.axisandallies.org/forums/category/47/axis-allies-1942-2nd-edition

You can also play online with triplea https://www.axisandallies.org/forums/topic/17147/gargantua-s-k-i-s-s-triplea-instructions/30

Idk how much 2nd edition is played but revised seems quite popular

• @barnee triplea looks pretty cool. Do you know if there are a lot of players on triplea that aren’t playing on the steam axis and allies online?

• 2023 '22 '21 '20 '19 '18

@salish_rogue-0 not as many as there used to be but still decent traffic. The lobby is live play and then you can play by forum or email as well.

A revised tournament is starting soon https://forums.triplea-game.org/topic/3404/revised-toc19-signup

Misread your comment. I don’t think many use steam

• @salish_rogue-0 said in đź‘‹ Introduce or Re-Introduce Yourself (Current):

Hello everyone, I’m new to the community. I’m located in the greater Seattle, WA, USA area. I’m currently playing Axis and Allies online. I was just gifted the 1942 2nd edition board game in Dec of 2022, but haven’t gotten much use out of it because I only know one person that plays and it’s an all day event.

I’ve been actively making a few turns a day for the last month or two online. Before that I played a few times as a teenager with my dad. The stages of learning has been obviously tiered. In short I’ve learned what works against the computer, doesn’t work against people. Playing the computer just teaches you bad habit. Then I learned what works against bronze players doesn’t work against silver players. This week I got a custom game against a platinum player and realized what works in silver doesn’t work in the more advanced play. I’m excited that I got a game against a platinum player because I’ve been punished for mistakes that I previously didn’t know I was making. I learned more in one losing platinum game then I think I have in all other games combined.

If anyone know of some users who post their games on youtube with detailed commentary about their thoughts and strategy I’d love to know which channels. I just found TTG who I’ve liked because he talks through a lot of his thought process.

Looking forward to playing against you all and chatting with you on the forums.

Contact @GeneralDisarray and @MarshmallowofWar. They both used to be in the same play group with me in Seattle and they are both still there. There are about 8-10 active Players in the Seattle area.

Suggested Topics

Axis & Allies Boardgaming Custom Painted Miniatures

Users

Topics

1.7m