šŸ‘‹ Introduce or Re-Introduce Yourself (Current)

• Hello, from michigan havent played online so new to meā€¦

• @djensen Hello, Iā€™m Mike from Central Pennsylvania. Iā€™ve been an avid wargamer fan nearly all my life. Currently my favorite is the Anniversary and the WW1 editions.
    Recently I posted a new variant that I have been working on for Korea. Hope everyone has a chance to look it over and give me some constructive feedback.

• New to this forum thing and the game. My favorite is world at war, however i cant get family to play, especially at a high level, and am tired of beating up the computer. Looking for opponents to do a 1v1 world at war, I will play either side. If I find some good matches to play against and we play multiple games, I feel it would be very fun to eventually have fun bets on the games, get some really pressure decision making going. Commitment level is maybe 1 turn a day? So game would likely be a few months. Any thoughts or challengers?

• @koba2 welcome to the forums! I enjoy World @ Warā€¦ pm me if youā€™d like to start a game and we can work out the details.

• @koba2 WELCOME!

• I am just interested in history. I joined because of the Battle of Midway, an underrated victory.

• Where are you from?

My dad was Navy, so we moved around tons during my childhood. I am not from any single place, so letā€™s just say the south eastern USA (worth 12 IPC!).

What Axis & Allies games do you like to play?

I have not played enough versions to develop preferences. The ones I have played, I highly enjoyed.

How often do you play?

I am almost always involved in a game online. I am hungry for some in-person games. Thanks covid.

Do you use any customizations (tables, painted pieces) or house rules?

I do not, am purist on house rules, but flexible. Painted pieces i love the idea truly, perhaps once Iā€™m not working full time.

• @chronometer

Hi Chrono,

Welcome to the forum.

If you have painted playing pieces, you can post some pictures under ā€œCustomizationā€. We would like to see more like this.

You can also find inspiration concerning house rules & painted pieces etc. at ā€œCustomization - House Rulesā€ - look for ā€œThe Captainā€™s Global 1940 House Collectionā€.

Many players have posted pics. of their painted pieces, customized game boards etc. Lots of inspiration.

The Global 1940 Game Report Thread will also give you some insight in the use of house rules - and pictures from games with both painted and unpainted playing pieces, from multiple Axis & Allies players.

• @chronometer said in šŸ‘‹ Introduce or Re-Introduce Yourself (Current):

My dad was Navy, so we moved around tons during my childhood. I am not from any single place, so letā€™s just say the south eastern USA (worth 12 IPC!).

lol 12 IPC Good one

1. My name is Oliver Cromwell.
    2. I am from Ely, Cambridgeshire.
    3. I greatly enjoy playing Spring 1942, 1st Edition.
    4. One house rule Iā€™m adamant about is that the Allies must use a certain percentage of their IPCā€™S every turn to the Pacific Theater. And these purchases can only be used in the Pacific Theater. I believe itā€™s a more authentic feel to the game. It prevents that boring Europe First Strategy. Anyways, Mabuhay. Iā€™m off to fight the forces of the tyrannical King.

• @general-kromwell said in šŸ‘‹ Introduce or Re-Introduce Yourself (Current):

Iā€™m off to fight the forces of the tyrannical King.

LOL - Funny. WELCOME!

BTW, is your name really Oliver Cromwell?

• @andrewaagamer Hehe, thanks, friend. Iā€™m trying to be glass half-full and humorous in my elder age. I wish my real name was Oliver Cromwell. He is my favorite general. I go back and forth as my favorite politician and statesman. However, Iā€™ve promised myself to make no political comments on this site. Be on the lookout for posts Iā€™llmake about my hobby. Itā€™s real cool stuff, hehehe. I love playing Axis and Allies. But, hard to do with kids now.

• Where are you from?
    South Dakota, USA
    What Axis & Allies games do you like to play?
    Iā€™m just getting back into the game. 1941 is fun so far, but I really want to play 1942 2nd Edition and 1942 Anniversary (never played this one.)
    How often do you play?
    Maybe a couple times a week. Would like to play with real players and would definitely commit the time to a full playthrough.
    Do you use any customizations (tables, painted pieces) or house rules?
    No.

• Hello All, My name is Lloyd. I am new to Axis and Allies. I started learning how to play a week ago. I have not played a game yet. I noticed 4 different online versions. Iā€™m not sure which one to purchase. Can someone help me?

• @lmterrell Welcome to the site. Iā€™d suggest using triplea. Itā€™s free and the best.

https://www.axisandallies.org/forums/topic/17147/gargantua-s-k-i-s-s-triplea-instructions

• @lmterrell welcome to A&A! As barnee says, triplea is a good way to play online and for free. But if you do want the boardgame itself, it probably just depends on what you are looking for. If you are new to this kind of boardgame or you want something that is lighter and quicker (games that take an evening rather than a few days) you are probably better off with the 1942 or 1941 versions, at least to start. The Europe and Japan 1940 games are a bit more complicated and they combine for a Global game. These ones require quite a time commitment though and games can last days.

Iā€™ve been playing online for a bit so Iā€™m a bit rusty on the physical versions of the games but that is my sense. And if you are looking for people to play against the online game and this site are a good resource.

• @lmterrell said in šŸ‘‹ Introduce or Re-Introduce Yourself (Current):

I noticed 4 different online versions.

Iā€™m only aware of two. What versions are these

• @lmterrell Welcome to the best Axis & Allies site on the Planet:+1:

Since you started learning how to play Axis & Allies a week ago - did someone show you - or did you start learning by yourself?

And which Axis & Allies Game did you learn?

Concerning Axis & Allies Board Game versions, I suggest - like Farmboy also mentioned - that you start learning the game mechanisms with Axis & Allies 1941. This is a smiplified version of Axis & Allies - excellent for beginners. And you can always find help on this forum.

As barnee mentioned, TripleA probably holds the best online versions - and itā€™s a good way to gain experience with Axis & Allies, and again - you can always find help on this forum.

Good luck & have fun:+1:

• Hello I new and would like to play a game with sombodyyy maybe TripleAA?

• @jonahawesome Welcome to the forum. For appointments to play games using TripleA I recommend to join the Find Players category:
    https://www.axisandallies.org/forums/category/27/find-online-players

Good luck and have fun :slightly_smiling_face:

Suggested Topics

Axis & Allies Boardgaming Custom Painted Miniatures

Users

Topics

1.7m