šŸ‘‹ Introduce or Re-Introduce Yourself (Current)

• Also a huge shoutout to this site and the people running and participating, the info contained here has helped renew my interest in the game.

• @sparky660

Awesome : ) Finding people that wanted to play was always the biggest challenge and one that I failed at.

Should totally check out triplea. While not the same as ftf, youā€™ll like it. Orā€¦wellā€¦probably will : )

• @Major-JSoto

I have played A and A.net not Aand A.org

How fo you start?

I like playing 1942

• '19

@Valladares Hello there!

Iā€™m so new, I have never used this particular software, and so my reply and intro seem merged into one post.

Iā€™m CrazyIvan, and I donā€™t play anymore due to lack of time to meet up with all the guys I used to play with back in the day. I got my introduction to Classic back in the 1980ā€™s, and have never played any other version of Axis & Allies, well, unless you count Original and second edition as being separate games. Without using the board and pieces, I have played a couple versions of the 1998 computer game, but that doesnā€™t want to play nicely with my windows 10 computer, so I right now cannot actually play at all.:white_frowning_face:

I recently discovered a thing called YouTube, and will be posting videos there within the next month or so. Right now, as I start the learning process, Iā€™m going to be looking for help and suggestions on what kind of webcam I need to be able to capture the entire board. Right now, the videos I have made are either clear - but only show a part of the game board, or show all or mostly all of the board, but the pieces are so small as to be hard to see, and the spaces are also too crowded to clearly show the action, so looking for suggestions on how to position the webcam, the lighting, the board, and get the perfect zoom in on the game board.

I donā€™t know anything about the newer versions of the game, and for right now am only interested in classic second edition games. I found some interesting content on youtube, and that is how I ended up here, and am looking forward to getting some playing time in, making a few videos, and playtesting some house rules, as well as multi-board games using the classic board and pieces. Currently, I have no way to setup/play even a two board game, let alone a 4 board version. Later on this month, Iā€™ll try to at least setup a two board version, but the cameras I have now will not be able to show much other than how the boards connect.

Anyway, there was a fellow that issued an ā€œOpen Challengeā€ about a month ago, and I thought that I might as well try to get a game or three with him, if he has the time and interest.

• '19

@Intrepid Hello, and hereā€™s hoping you have success in making your ideal ā€œWar Roomā€. Sounds like fun, and hope to see the end results posted here!

• @CrazyIvan

Hi Ivan and welcome to the boards. It may not be quite what you are looking for but triplea will allow you to play online.

link text

I suggest the Gargantua link for getting started if interested.

[link text](https://www.axisandallies.org/forums/topic/17147/gargantua-s-k-i-s-s-triplea-instructions/4

Just ask if you have anyway questions

• @Westy
    I am sorry but I am not going to be able to make it. Thank you anyway!
    AdmrlScuttlebut Out

• Hi, I am a new player and found this site after reading nearly all of the posts on AA50. I just posted the crazy strategy under the AA anniversary edition forum; am from the NY area/northern Jersey. The term traffic cop is from the movie Patton where Omar B says George would make a great traffic cop.

Anyhow my son bought me AA50 for my birthday and yes it looked like the boxes had been in kidsā€™ room and jumped on. The Wizards guys were nice and sent me replacement boxes but was initially dismayed. My son and I played until we started losing sleep and overall decline in non AA aspects of life. šŸ¤”

My son and I play with NO and with tech full bore out of box no bid. I play Allies and tend to lose more than win depending on turn one dice. But that is how I keep a pre teen coming back. A lucky roll or two and Allies are in business, otherwise my son is gleefully going Godzilla on me with Japanese and Germans toasting in Stalingrad.

So I like the AA50 version since the shuck is no longer a simplistic catch all solution. Sorry Don. I present a sloppy attempt at a generalized push mechanic in my post on that forum. As in the cost of infantry plus all the pro rata fleet overhead and time to get said infantry to a relevant front.

As a quick thought on strategy, my approach as Allies is to be fluid and take what I am given by Axis. As an outside observer and newb I see a lot of static solutions out there when you have to adapt real time and maybe pick one of several possible strategies, but itā€™s situational. See my post for more details ad nauseum. I always force myself to do something as US in both coasts and snag Solomons or Africa as a sidebar to torch or KJF. Doggone I love going Pacific heavy but I have also had entire fleets sent to the deep by my son. To make him mad I like to deadzone the whole PAC with subs. Then turn Alaska into a long range bomber platform. Tech is a good way to catch that evil Axis fiendā€¦until Germany gets rockets.

Iā€™ll stop rambling and wanted to ask, how good does one have to be to go to the annual conference? I play some on TripleA but worry I will get destroyed out there.

Always looking for players in New York metro areaā€¦

• 2023 '22 '21 '20 '19 '18

Hi TC

wouldnā€™t worry about the conference . Show up and kick ass : )

• Thanks for the encouragement!

• Hi everyone. I am new to this forum :relaxed:

• @dan-hamilton said in Introduce or Re-Introduce Yourself (Current):

Hi everyone. I am new to this forum :relaxed:

Welcome aboard!

• '19

@dan-hamilton Hi Dan! Welcome. Iā€™m also a newbie here, so good to see another fresh face. :)

• @djensen

Iā€™m from Massachusetts (South Coast and Cape Cod Canal areas). I started playing A&A in the mid 80ā€™s. Played like a maniac in the mid 90ā€™s, and then only rare times for the rest of my life, usually with people who have never played.

I own original (two copies), Anniversary, and Global.

I have no one to play with. I watch YouTube videos and finally opened up Global and set up and started reading the rules.

I love the customizations in all of the videos so I just started my own customizations.

Iā€™ve visited this site for many years but only recently signed up.

• '19

@dazedwit Welcome! Iā€™m also new here, and glad to see another new member!

• @dazedwit
    Hi dazed
    Welcome to the Boards : )

I know itā€™s not the same as Face to Face, but you can play online, if/when you donā€™t have an opponent, with triplea.

Hereā€™s some info:

https://www.axisandallies.org/forums/topic/17147/gargantua-s-k-i-s-s-triplea-instructions

• '19 '13

Hello everyone,

A&A super geek here. Iā€™ve played A&A since I was 12 years and 2 days old, starting as Russia in Classic on Friday December 11th, 1998.

My 17 month younger brother is also an A&A-addict, and we were both blessed to have another ardent A&A-player and addict under the same roof for years, providing the easy access to hundreds and hundreds of games.

I own at least one copy of every A&A version ever published, including reprints and 2nd Editions. Wife shakes her head at my closet.

Global 1940 is my favourite, with Anniversary Edition as number 2. Classic and Old Europe are nostalgic favourites.

Iā€™m originally from Kristiansand, Norway, but Iā€™ve lived in Atlanta, GA of the glorious U.S. of A. since 2013.

Iā€™m the facilitator for the MeetUp Group called Axis & Allies Atlanta, and we host a lot of tabletop games. We have several huge enthusiasts here that have dedicated entire spaces of their house to A&A, so weā€™ve fortunate to enjoy a lot of good gaming.

Looking forward to any game put out by Larry Harris. WarRoom should be awesome!

• @djensen AdmrlScuttlebut here. First I want to apologize to Admiral Seabass for picking a user name so similar to his. I am a retired Navy CPO and when I chose this handle I didnā€™t know of any others using a similar moniker.

I funny thing happened on the way to the forumā€¦ I gave my first sets of A&A 1940 to a worthy cause to spread the joy of our hobby! Two brand new ones arrive thursday so I can continue my journey.

I just ordered a copy of the new French unit sets from Doug at Historical Boardgames. Thank you Doug for this wonderful set! Well back to the videos to learn how to play and absorb those strategy tips. Thanks to everyone that makes them!

• Hello all,

First time hereā€¦my name is Daniel and Iā€™m from Wisconsin. I have fond memories playing Axis and Allies classic when I was a younger. I recently ordered the Anniversary edition and am looking to exchange ideas and minds with other WW2 history-loving gaming enthusiasts and war strategists. Recently I have played a lot of Hearts of Iron 3 (on PC) but I long for the nostalgia of playing A&A again. Nothing beats the excitement of playing a game in person with fellow history buffs. Hit me up if youā€™re in or around Kenosha, WI (SE corner of Wisconsin, between Milwaukee and Chicago) and are interested in playing. Would be nice to find others passionate about the game and history since my family isnā€™t as much as I am (Iā€™m trying to get my nephew into it).

Have a great day and game on! :)

Sincerely,
    Daniel

• '15 '14

Hi everybody,

Iā€™m Tobias from Germany.
    I played my first A&A in the mid-90s and got re-introduced to the game in about 2011-2012 when a colleague invited to play the game. Playing Japan in the first game with no clue what to do I started to look out on the internet to find some strategies.
    Boy, I would love to see how we all played this game back then. I guess we forgot to put the Chinese fighter on the board as well as the Naval base at the Philippines:D If I recall correctly I made some crazy excursions in J2 to Canada and fought for California for 1-2 turn while doing a J1 DOW LOL. I found a way for the J1 DOW in this forum and that is the way I got introduce to this community.
    Later, I guess in 2012/2013 I learned about the tripleA online client and league play. At first, I played with a friend in the online live client before I found out about the option to play less stressful league games.
    I played my first league game in 2013. Since then I participated in every season.

Next to 1-2 games 1941/1942 on a board game I have played G40 global online exclusively. Since last season, I play BM only, because I believe BM is a great addition that does not only make the game more balanced but also just a better game in general. Kudos to the creators of BM!

Cheers,
    Tobias

Suggested Topics

Axis & Allies Boardgaming Custom Painted Miniatures

Users

Topics

1.7m