đź‘‹ Introduce or Re-Introduce Yourself (Current)

• @nolimit hey nolimit I love your videos and yeah I watch all the guys… Sireblood, GI Joe, Hambone, and I have definitely thought about a channel but I don’t know if I’m that type of guy… I’m. Not worried about ppl… I was military and when I got out I have been a police officer… So ppl don’t make me nervous… But I am not camera friendly lol…idk… Maybe I just need to do it and not worry… I see you having fun in your videos and it’s awesome. I was close to starting but then backed out lol maybe I will do videos without showing my face like so many others…lol

• @eisenhower I have never played it… I would definitely try… If it’s a board game and WW2 related I’d never turn it down lol

• @the-plastic-commando love the videos bro… I keep thinking about making some myself but can’t seem to make that leap… I’m not a video kinda guy lol

• @the-captain Thank I appreciate that… And your the same captain that makes YouTube videos are you not? If so I am a fan.

• '22 '21

@stuka80 Even I don’t show my whole face, always wear sunglasses in front of the camera- for YouTube Wars I don’t really show my mug at All!!!

• '22 '21

@stuka80 Think you’re thinking of the Good Captain, I believe the “Captain” doesn’t have a channel just yet but I highly suggest that he should!!!

• @stuka80
    :+1:

My YouTube video hasn’t been released yet - it’ll be ready by the end of this summer.

So, it’s probably another Captain’s video :ok_hand:

As a former Army Officer (Captain) I understand your concern about making video on YouTube etc.

We discussed our YouTube Video options in our Axis & Allies Veteran Players Group - and since most of us are former soldiers we agreed to go ahead no matter what.

I hope that you’ll post pictures of your game board etc. Many players in this forum have posted great pictures - it’s all very inspiring:+1:

• @the-captain some food for thought thanks… I was a lowly E-5. I was going for career. It was definitely the place for me. My deployments to my post time I wouldn’t say I enjoyed it all but I wouldn’t change a second of it. And after all that, it was a training jump that took my knee… Isn’t that the way it goes. But I will always have A&A global lol

• @stuka80
    Sometimes make believe is better than the real thing. I never thought of that, I guess to be in any branch of the military you have to be fit for physically for service, I guess they couldn’t just give you an office job?

• @eisenhower
    At least now you can be a general, something few would obtain in real life. I Knew a man in the national guard that was a colonel and then he got promoted to general. I was so excited to actually know a general. He enjoyed my enthusium.

• Hello everyone I’m Ricardo Fuentes , i’m from Puerto Rico, how good it is to meet you all

• @ricardo-fuentes

Welcome…I love Puerto Rico, a beautiful place. Went there on My honeymoon.

• @eisenhower they could have and offered but I was Airborne infantry 11B I didn’t want to take a desk job at 19 turning 20. We don’t make our most educated decisions at that age. But still have a 9 year career with the Army that I’m grateful for.

• @stuka80
    WOW, you did at least have some adventure.
    I would have been too afraid to jump from an airplane.

• @eisenhower I recivied my honorable discharge in 2003 so my last just was 2003 before I got out… Just a practice jump. After numerous jumps… The practice one is the one jump that took my knee. Figures dosent it

• Hello. I’m Martin, from Denmark, Europe.
    I have been playing A&A classic since 1983, and some other versions later on. At the moment I like the Zombie version a lot, but with our own “MOAR ZOMBIES” version ;) I like that you can choose more or less any strategic target as Axis, and still have a shot at winning, which is not absolutely true in Global40. But I like that one too! ;)

I haven’t played much online, mostly IRL on Fastaval, and in the local Board-gaming club. In Sønderborg, Denmark.
    I also like other boardgames, and I have an account at Boardgamearena with the same nametag.

I’m open to invites! ;)

• 2024 2023 '22 '21 '20

Welcome Martin!

I was lucky enough to be a part of an introductory party for Zombies for a group of us Seattle gamers. After we played it we got a free signed copy! Wizards of the Coast was extremely nice to us and I was very impressed by them. Hope you enjoy this site!

• @stuka80 welcome . And you started playing in 83. Wow! You must have been one of the first to play it . There aren’t many on this forum who have played as long as you.
    I discovered it in October 87.

• @witt Oh. Actually I got a copy of the Classic game as a parting gift, when I left the “kollegie” in Copenhagen in 83… EDIT : Must have been spring 84, cause that’s when I moved back to Sønderborg

• '21

Hi all,
    I joined up just over 2 weeks ago. Been playing the board game version of Axis and allies with my older brother on and off for about 20 yrs. He has i think all the different versions of A&A, but we mostly play 1941, by the normal rules. We’ve tried with tech turned on and off, and also tried with national objectives and found it better with that turned off. And we’re toying with the idea of normal rules, but with a few house rules applied of our own, which we both have thrown around a few ideas to keep the game interesting :)
    My brother also has a massive table with printed out maps, hes painted the units. On a secret note, i think hes more of a game nerd than me when it comes to board games. But im more of a computer game nerd :)
    Then he told me about this site recently and TripleA.
    I could see myself spending a bit of time on here playing A&A with him or even in the future with other players, so i signed up to support the site, but for some reason the badge isn’t showing up for me.
    From Australia, im a game nerd, a space nerd, and bit of a sci fi nerd too :alien: :grin:
    Anyway, theres a brief intro, happy gaming everyone :)

Suggested Topics

Axis & Allies Boardgaming Custom Painted Miniatures

Users

Topics

1.7m