šŸ‘‹ Introduce or Re-Introduce Yourself (Current)

• @nolimit hey nolimit I love your videos and yeah I watch all the guysā€¦ Sireblood, GI Joe, Hambone, and I have definitely thought about a channel but I donā€™t know if Iā€™m that type of guyā€¦ Iā€™m. Not worried about pplā€¦ I was military and when I got out I have been a police officerā€¦ So ppl donā€™t make me nervousā€¦ But I am not camera friendly lolā€¦idkā€¦ Maybe I just need to do it and not worryā€¦ I see you having fun in your videos and itā€™s awesome. I was close to starting but then backed out lol maybe I will do videos without showing my face like so many othersā€¦lol

• @eisenhower I have never played itā€¦ I would definitely tryā€¦ If itā€™s a board game and WW2 related Iā€™d never turn it down lol

• @the-plastic-commando love the videos broā€¦ I keep thinking about making some myself but canā€™t seem to make that leapā€¦ Iā€™m not a video kinda guy lol

• @the-captain Thank I appreciate thatā€¦ And your the same captain that makes YouTube videos are you not? If so I am a fan.

• '22 '21

@stuka80 Even I donā€™t show my whole face, always wear sunglasses in front of the camera- for YouTube Wars I donā€™t really show my mug at All!!!

• '22 '21

@stuka80 Think youā€™re thinking of the Good Captain, I believe the ā€œCaptainā€ doesnā€™t have a channel just yet but I highly suggest that he should!!!

• @stuka80
    :+1:

My YouTube video hasnā€™t been released yet - itā€™ll be ready by the end of this summer.

So, itā€™s probably another Captainā€™s video :ok_hand:

As a former Army Officer (Captain) I understand your concern about making video on YouTube etc.

We discussed our YouTube Video options in our Axis & Allies Veteran Players Group - and since most of us are former soldiers we agreed to go ahead no matter what.

I hope that youā€™ll post pictures of your game board etc. Many players in this forum have posted great pictures - itā€™s all very inspiring:+1:

• @the-captain some food for thought thanksā€¦ I was a lowly E-5. I was going for career. It was definitely the place for me. My deployments to my post time I wouldnā€™t say I enjoyed it all but I wouldnā€™t change a second of it. And after all that, it was a training jump that took my kneeā€¦ Isnā€™t that the way it goes. But I will always have A&A global lol

• @stuka80
    Sometimes make believe is better than the real thing. I never thought of that, I guess to be in any branch of the military you have to be fit for physically for service, I guess they couldnā€™t just give you an office job?

• @eisenhower
    At least now you can be a general, something few would obtain in real life. I Knew a man in the national guard that was a colonel and then he got promoted to general. I was so excited to actually know a general. He enjoyed my enthusium.

• Hello everyone Iā€™m Ricardo Fuentes , iā€™m from Puerto Rico, how good it is to meet you all

• @ricardo-fuentes

Welcomeā€¦I love Puerto Rico, a beautiful place. Went there on My honeymoon.

• @eisenhower they could have and offered but I was Airborne infantry 11B I didnā€™t want to take a desk job at 19 turning 20. We donā€™t make our most educated decisions at that age. But still have a 9 year career with the Army that Iā€™m grateful for.

• @stuka80
    WOW, you did at least have some adventure.
    I would have been too afraid to jump from an airplane.

• @eisenhower I recivied my honorable discharge in 2003 so my last just was 2003 before I got outā€¦ Just a practice jump. After numerous jumpsā€¦ The practice one is the one jump that took my knee. Figures dosent it

• Hello. Iā€™m Martin, from Denmark, Europe.
    I have been playing A&A classic since 1983, and some other versions later on. At the moment I like the Zombie version a lot, but with our own ā€œMOAR ZOMBIESā€ version ;) I like that you can choose more or less any strategic target as Axis, and still have a shot at winning, which is not absolutely true in Global40. But I like that one too! ;)

I havenā€™t played much online, mostly IRL on Fastaval, and in the local Board-gaming club. In SĆønderborg, Denmark.
    I also like other boardgames, and I have an account at Boardgamearena with the same nametag.

Iā€™m open to invites! ;)

• 2024 2023 '22 '21 '20

Welcome Martin!

I was lucky enough to be a part of an introductory party for Zombies for a group of us Seattle gamers. After we played it we got a free signed copy! Wizards of the Coast was extremely nice to us and I was very impressed by them. Hope you enjoy this site!

• @stuka80 welcome . And you started playing in 83. Wow! You must have been one of the first to play it . There arenā€™t many on this forum who have played as long as you.
    I discovered it in October 87.

• @witt Oh. Actually I got a copy of the Classic game as a parting gift, when I left the ā€œkollegieā€ in Copenhagen in 83ā€¦ EDIT : Must have been spring 84, cause thatā€™s when I moved back to SĆønderborg

• '21

Hi all,
    I joined up just over 2 weeks ago. Been playing the board game version of Axis and allies with my older brother on and off for about 20 yrs. He has i think all the different versions of A&A, but we mostly play 1941, by the normal rules. Weā€™ve tried with tech turned on and off, and also tried with national objectives and found it better with that turned off. And weā€™re toying with the idea of normal rules, but with a few house rules applied of our own, which we both have thrown around a few ideas to keep the game interesting :)
    My brother also has a massive table with printed out maps, hes painted the units. On a secret note, i think hes more of a game nerd than me when it comes to board games. But im more of a computer game nerd :)
    Then he told me about this site recently and TripleA.
    I could see myself spending a bit of time on here playing A&A with him or even in the future with other players, so i signed up to support the site, but for some reason the badge isnā€™t showing up for me.
    From Australia, im a game nerd, a space nerd, and bit of a sci fi nerd too :alien: :grin:
    Anyway, theres a brief intro, happy gaming everyone :)

Suggested Topics

Axis & Allies Boardgaming Custom Painted Miniatures

Users

Topics

1.7m