👋 Introduce or Re-Introduce Yourself (Current)

• Hello. I am The Plastic Commando located deep behind enemy lines, otherwise known as TN, and enjoy Axis and Allies in its many versions. I undertook a mission to revamp 1914 with custom miniatures and house rules to improve the quality of the game. Thanks to Tjoek and his 1914 map it has really given life to my efforts. I have a YouTube channel for those interested. 🖐

• @toolman1985 said in 👋 Introduce or Re-Introduce Yourself (Current):

@djensen
    Hello I am toolman1985 from the Ozarks and I try to play as much as possible.

I started to play at Gencon 2019 and have enjoyed this game ever since!

WELCOME! Do you play mostly in person or online or both?

• @the-plastic-commando said in 👋 Introduce or Re-Introduce Yourself (Current):

Hello. I am The Plastic Commando located deep behind enemy lines, otherwise known as TN, and enjoy Axis and Allies in its many versions. I undertook a mission to revamp 1914 with custom miniatures and house rules to improve the quality of the game. Thanks to Tjoek and his 1914 map it has really given life to my efforts. I have a YouTube channel for those interested. 🖐

Howdy and WELCOME!

• @the-plastic-commando Already was interested and Subscribed, you should PLAYTEST your House rules over the YouTube with others in the community- currently playtesting my G40 house rules over the YouTube now!!!

• @nolimit working toward it. Likely will have a few house rules at first. Still have a bunch in the works. I need to make time to do it. Thanks No Limit.

• @toolman1985 Hey friend, where at in “the Ozarks”??? I’ve lived in Springfield, MO and Lake of the Ozarks… currently in St Charles MO… Feel free to email me or reach out, I’d love to find more players in MO!!!

• '22 '21

@the-chaplain 🎵Skyyyyyyyyyyyy-Pi-lot 🎶🎶🎶

• @the-chaplain
    Bentonville, AR

• My name is Ethan I been playing Axis and Allies since I was 9 with my older brother and his friends. I’m 34 now and we are still playing Its a great way to get together with the guys and have fun. I’m starting to get into painting the pieces. I like the customizing of pieces and think it adds a lot of character to the game. I found out about this by watching general handgrenade and siredblood videos on youtube. Figure it a great resource for learning more about the game.

• @detcordlovesc4 WELCOME! Having older brothers introduce wargaming is the same way I got into it. They weren’t as happy later in life when I always kicked their behinds. Glad you have found a way to keep bonding with them!

• Hi everyone, my name is Hunter. I used to be somewhat active on here about 2-3 years ago before life hit me in the face. I made a new account because I forgot the log in to my old one.

• @kilroy said in 👋 Introduce or Re-Introduce Yourself (Current):

Hi everyone, my name is Hunter. I used to be somewhat active on here about 2-3 years ago before life hit me in the face. I made a new account because I forgot the log in to my old one.

WELCOME BACK!!! Hope you join the league for some fun and tough competition!

• Hello A&A.Org crowd. I used to be a regular on the forums and avid gamer many years ago, but dropped off due to various life commitments. Now I find myself in possession of this wonderful thing called Axis and Allies 1940 so here I am again to peruse the thoughts of strategy masters.

• @hypnos97 said in 👋 Introduce or Re-Introduce Yourself (Current):

Hello A&A.Org crowd. I used to be a regular on the forums and avid gamer many years ago, but dropped off due to various life commitments. Now I find myself in possession of this wonderful thing called Axis and Allies 1940 so here I am again to peruse the thoughts of strategy masters.

WELCOME!!! Global 40 is a great game and there are many excellent and friendly players on this site to help you improve your play and to compete against.

• 2023 '22 '21

A big hello from here in England to everybody.

Used to play a lot of Risk with my friends when we were younger, one of whom would try to talk us into playing a game called Axis and Allies but we always just stuck to Risk. Can’t remember why, but about 10 years ago I downloaded TripleA and played 2 or 3 games over email at TripleA War Club (which seems to have gone now). Enjoyed it, but for whatever reason left it at that.

It popped back into my head again recently and I thought it might fit in well amongst family commitments and flexible working (I’ve always been a sucker for a good strategy game). Got TripleA again, found this site, and I’m now playing a few games (mostly Global 40 2nd Ed) on these forums and thoroughly enjoying it. A lot to learn, but I’ve found this community to be very helpful and these forums easy to use and a great resource.

• @flyingbadger Welcome Dave! We have a few of us from England on this website, about half of whom get together every three months at the Battle of Britain (see the Events forum). So if you want to play any of us face to face some time then let us know where you are and whether you are interested. Cheers!

• @flyingbadger WELCOME! Being able to play awesome wargames via TripleA is definitely convenient. While I always prefer a face to face game this is the next best thing available.

• Howdy. My name is Ken Magnuson (Magnum). I live in Sacramento, California.
    My introduction to A&A was through the Iron Blitz computer game 20 years ago. I bought the Revised version about 10 years ago, but never played it until about 3 years ago when I met someone through a meet-up site and began playing once a month.
    We now play AA42.2 and mostly AA50. We have only tried AAG.2 twice and AAP.1 twice. We would like the play AAG.2 more often, but the 32" map does not fit on a 30" folding table very well. It is also a long game, and would be best if we had a game room where we could leave the board sitting for a week.
    The only customization that we use is an Excel sheet that we can use for tracking IPCs. We find a form for tracking IPCs is much better than cash bills or chips. The human mind wants to fill in blanks on any form, so with this tracking sheet we keep up with not only our purchases but also our opponents spending. This way we are much less likely to “forget” purchases or income. There is room for each country to track Starting IPC, -Purchases, + Income, - Convoy, SBR losses, + NO, and Starting IPC for the next turn.
    When it comes to A&A. I love variety in all ways. I like National Advantages, Event Cards, National Objectives, and especially Technology. This is unfortunate because the person that I play against 90% of the time is just the opposite. He views A&A as a chess game, to be played repeatedly with no variation, with low luck, in order to refine ones attacks and defenses. We get along well because he likes the Allies and I like the Axis.
    I like your website because it helps me to dream of all the possibilities. We can’t play right now because of COVID-19, but I can read from your website and then spend hours daydreaming about things. Cheers to daydreams!

• '22 '21

@magnum Have you ever considered playing over the YouTube with others, I’ve been doing YouTube Wars for over 3 years myself and been usually playing for most of those weeks!!!

• 2024 2023 '22 '21 '20

Welcome Magnum!

Suggested Topics

Axis & Allies Boardgaming Custom Painted Miniatures

Users

Topics

1.7m