[House Rules] Should allies receive a bid?

• @Panther I outsmarted myself again!

• @taamvan

So you don’t use any of the other NO’s from the balance mod or the SBR rule change or any other rule change for that matter in regards to the balance mod? Tank/fighter in Soviet Union and the NO for taking the caucasus, leningrad, stalingrad and moscow go from 5 to 3.
    If this is true and really balances the game then a mod should be put forward on AAA I feel. Small changes like these drastically fixed 1942.2 with LH’s tournament rules.

If would be nice to have some more feedback and testing done on this.

• @Mursilis said in Should allies receive a bid?:

@taamvan

So you don’t use any of the other NO’s from the balance mod or the SBR rule change or any other rule change for that matter in regards to the balance mod? Tank/fighter in Soviet Union and the NO for taking the caucasus, leningrad, stalingrad and moscow go from 5 to 3.
    If this is true and really balances the game then a mod should be put forward on AAA I feel. Small changes like these drastically fixed 1942.2 with LH’s tournament rules.

I feel the same way, as it is much needed to present an alternative to BM3

• @Mursilis said in Should allies receive a bid?:

@taamvan

it would be pretty easy to do. I can add that option to the house rules mod if you want. Be doing an update soon anyway.

• @barnee
    If it is easy to do why not. I would appreciate it and I’m pretty sure everyone else would too. It would be nice to have a balanced game instead of just a “different” game. It would be quite interesting of Taamvan’s simple changes could easily balance out the game and remove the need to bid at all.

• 2023 '22 '21 '20 '19 '18

@Mursilis right on. The more ways to play the merrier imo : )

although I don’t think you can really balance A&A for all skill levels in the same game

• Ha Ha My lovely G40 game.

@Mursilis

I added “Option taamvan” to triplea. It’s under experimental “Global 40 House Rules” .
    Changes the Volgograd, Novgorod, Russia NO to 3 bucks and Caucasus to 3 bucks.

Adds a Fighter to Russia and a Armor to Urals.

Rereading taamvan’s post i might have screwed up Caucasus as he says “German” controlled, so Idk if that means Germany has to own it to get the dough and not just the axis, which is the way it is now.

Also Idk if Italy gets anything for it if they own it then. Probably not. I guess i should ask @taamvan for clarification on that. No biggie to change it.

I didn’t test much, just enough to see if the stuff showed up so…: )

Anyway, sounds like a fun twist to things : )

Peace Out

Oh yea, so go to “Map Options” before you start the game to get to it.

• @barnee
    Hey thanks for putting the effort in but it doesn’t seem to be working for me. I’m in global house rules and checked the taamvan option in the map options menu. I started the game and it had the changer round. I opened up the game tab and went to map options and it showed that taamvan was checked but no tank in urals and no extra fighter in russia. :(

@Mursilis yea the fighter and tank don’t show up until after Germany’s politics phase

I’ll see if i can activate it a little sooner.

@Mursilis

Ok I fixed it so the Fighter and Tank will show up on Game start. Just delete and re DL. Version 2.3 is what you want.

Sorry about that. I musta been high when I did that last night : )

• I like the idea of the teamvan houserule. What other house rules are on TripleA? Is there a Grasshopper G40 or 3G40 option available? Is perhaps even a HBG Global War game available on TripleA?

@Mursilis well I fck’d up again. : )The NO’s disappeared. I’ll get it straightened out. Might want to stay with the 2.2 one for now.

@DCWhat Hi DC
    Don’t know of any of YG’s stuff on triplea, although some of the House Rules may overlap. BM is probably the most popular that’s on triplea.

The House Rule mod is just a bunch of House Rules that people have come up with over the years so people can use the ones they want.

link text

explains a lot of it

@Mursilis well not sure what’s happening. On my linux machine the NOs show up. On windows it doesn’t, although the game plays correctly with the PU total at 3. They just don’t show up in the Objectives tab the way they do on the linux machine.

So 2.3 is the same as 2.2 in that regard. The Objectives doc is the same with the new NOs in it.

@Mursilis
    I put the cap back on the glue and it’s all sorted now. Actually the Canada Mod was the one not showing up, so shouldn’t affect you anyway. 2.4 is the latest.

Oh yea @DCWhat there are some alternate setups with no rule changes. oztea’s 41 being the best imo. It comes with the Global dl. Worth a spin if you haven’t tried it.

• @barnee
    Excellent, thank you.

• @Mursilis Right on. Let us know how your game goes.

• 2024 2023 '22 '19 '18

Perhaps we ought to beseech the maker for a global 1940.3 game in a single box, with a new map, with two new components (like a tech tree and generals) and an official handicap system like golf has?

• '21 '20 '18 '17

Dave says we should work on our Operation: Market Garden variant.

• Well this thread went a bit off topic.

It is very clear that the consensus is if two players are equal in skill, the allies should receive a bid.

The real issue is determining how much of a bid, and If it is even necessary. IMO the only real way to tell if your opponent needs a bid, is if you have played each other before. While I do think it is common curticy to offer a bid to the allies, you dont actually know if more or less IPCs are needed, more often than not.

What I suggest the community should do is agree on a SET bid for a standard match between two players(or teams) that have never faced each other before. Then sticky the rule so new comers can see it.

All of my games are on tabletop. I play with multiple groups of varying skill level. I would suggest that if your groups skill level varies, keep the best players on separate teams, and try to balance the teams as best as possible, before considering a bid.

Suggested Topics

Axis & Allies Boardgaming Custom Painted Miniatures

Users

Topics

1.7m