• If a player attacks an islands with a destroyer and subs and the defender scrambles a plane and kills the destroyer, Subs and airplanes can’t hit each other so dose the airplane negate the amphibious assault even if the attacher has other sea units set aside for bombardments?

• You probably want to post this in another forum part, but I’ll try to answer it anyway.

So assuming your amphibious assault is done with transport(s), 1 destroyer and subs and the defender scrambles an air-force that kills the destroyer. In this case the transport(s) has/have no defense left against the air assault and will start taking the next hits. They can retreat at the start of the next combat round if those initial hits are not enough to take them down however.

The subs are not relevant for this combat since there is no legitimate target for them anymore.

• @dale Welcome to the forum :slightly_smiling_face: .
    I have just found this topic in “Find Online Players” so I moved it here.

… even if the attacher has other sea units set aside for bombardments?

This is against the rules, as "If sea combat occurs, all attacking and defending sea and air units present must participate in the battle. " (Rulebook Europe 1940.2, page 18).
    So you are not allowed to split your attacking units forSea Combat on the one hand and Bombardment on the other hand.

Suggested Topics

Axis & Allies Boardgaming Custom Painted Miniatures

Users

Topics

1.7m