• Hi all! I’m a new A&A player. I bought the game a week ago. It’s so entertaining and fun! :smile: I read everything about that game and everybody says that the Allies are overpowered. So my suggestion is to change the order of play from Russia-German-Britain-Japan-USA to German-Russia-Britain-Japan-USA. What do you guys think about it? I think it equalizes the odds.

• welcome aboard :smile:

i think that will make russia very weak as it will lose Karelia and maybe even Caucasus the first turn. And with the Japanese coming from behind i dont see how they could possibly recover.

• Yeah you’re 100% right. I tried to switch turns and Russia got crushed because they couldn’t receive support from Britain and USA. But I heard that some players use the “USSR restricted” rule to equalise the odds. Does it work?

• I had that problem when I first bought the game and the allies won every time…but now strategies have changed somewhat and the axis have won several in a row. Try building IC’s with japan on the mainland and pumping out 3 tanks a turn if the axis are struggling. The game is fine the way it is. :smile:

• i said that twice….i apologize

• I had that problem when I first bought the game and the allies won every time…but now strategies have changed somewhat and the axis have won several in a row. Try building IC’s with japan on the mainland and pumping out 3 tanks a turn if the axis are struggling. The game is fine the way it is. :smile:

• Where do I put the IC for Japan? Do I put it in Kwangtung or Manchuria?

• An industrial complex in Manchuria is easy to support by sea. If Russia takes Manchuria, you can easily counterattack with your forces in Japan and a couple of transports. Since transports can move 2 and bridge - you could bring in transports that were down in Burma for the counter. Basically, the supply line between your factory in Japan and Manchuria is shorter than between Japan and Kwangtung. Manchuria is closer to Moscow too, if that’s your ultimate goal.

With two transports in the Sea of Japan and a factory in Manchuria, you can put 3 tanks and 4 infantry on the mainland per turn easily if your income is 27 ipcs or greater. With three transports, you could put 9 infantry on Manchuria per turn for 27 ipcs - that’s more than Russia (who average 7 or 8 infantry per turn) and Russia has to fight on two fronts.

Of course you will need other naval units in the Sea of Japan to help protect those transports from the Americans. Some subs and a battleship or an aircraft carrier should do the trick.

• I guess Kwangtung has the advantage of being further away from aggressive Russians - unless they come through China. It’s also closer to India if that is your ultimate objective. Plus, the supply line to your factory in Japan is shorter than it is to, say, Burma.

Transports stationed off the coast of Kwangtung can travel to Japan, pick up troops, move back and unload all in one turn. Or, use their base in Kwangtung to amphibously assault India - Kwangtung opens up options. But you have to protect those transports AND protect your home waters around Japan against invasion. In some games though, the threat of invasion doesn’t exist.

Kwangtung extends your reach without overextending your navy - like Burma might. I still prefer Manchuria because it’s closer to Moscow.

• I like to put my IC in Kwang because if the nasty little americans get long range air craft, they can reach any ships you build out of japan from AK. If its on Kwang then newly built ships can be out of range. Also its farther away from russia, but not that far from moscow. Plus I like it because if its on Manchiria, its on the front lines. When in Kwang if the russians americans or british make an offencive it can still hold out.

Suggested Topics

Axis & Allies Boardgaming Custom Painted Miniatures

Users

Topics

1.7m