• Well Squash, no one else appears willing to test your ideas on this.

I have already posted exactly how the Axis can achieve 8 VC guaranteed by the end of Turn 2.

Looks like you are going to have to step up to the plate, get a DAAK ID, and put your money where your mouth is on this one.  It appears everyone else thinks that I am correct… 8 VC is a guaranteed Axis win in 2 Turns…

• “a guaranteed win”?

hmmmm,

I don’t like the sound of that.
    You are STILL playing with real dice!

so, I suggest you keep in mind that there is a little chance that you fail ncscswitch :-P
    Although I think that in 90% of the cases, Axis can win at the end of turn 2…
    but 90% is still not the same as guaranteed

just being a pain in the a**
    :evil:

• Actually is a bit closer to 97%…

And that in my book is a guaranteed win, since the only way you lose is a MASSIVE dice frack.

But no one plays 8 VC anyway, so kind of a moot point.

• mostly because it is utterly useless to do so.  I would say that as often as not it’s an axis victory in 1 round.  It takes longer to set up the board than it does to play an 8 city game.

• Well, make it 97% then :-P

I think there is a difference :-)
    if you don’t care about that 3%?
    why don’t we play a little game then?

say, you’ll GIVE me 10,000 bucks…
    you have a 97% chance of getting it back.
    3% of loosing it all and never see it again :-)
    would you do it to prove your point?

Nah, I don’t think you would :-P
    anyway, I wouldn’t play this game unless I was 100% sure of getting my money back :-P
    (but then again, why would you ever play the latter game  :roll:)

oh, BTW: It’s just to prove my point :-)

• Okay mate, calm down, had a hell of a personal week, but I’m ready to knuckle down now. This is a forum board, not a chatroom, sorry if my responses aren’t immediate. No i’m not signed up to DAAK, but I think you can handle the dice rolls because I trust you.

• Alright then, since the challenge is yours and that you can hold them, you get the Allies.

Post your Russia combats and I’ll get the game started on the previously established Games thread.

• Great - This should be fun. To clarify, my objective is to hold either Leningrad or Calcutta for two turns?

• Your objective (to win) is to prevent the Axis from having 8 VC’s at the end of USA2.

The likely and probable targets for the Axis to achieve 8 VC in just 2 turns are Karleia and India…

• ncscswitch,

interested in a game of “97% of the times you gain your money back”?
    Let me know when you are (if ever?)…
    :-P
    :evil:
    :wink:

• be sure to post the results of this game over here too.  I’m intrested to see how it goes.

• Well, I am still awaiting R1 moves post… and with the Tournament resuming on Thursday, and me slated to play in the semi-finals, and with being limited to one game at a time… Squash (and everyone else) may have to wait for me to prove that 8VC is an Axis win.

I did post the broad parameters of how the Axis can accomplish this in the Games thread started to test Squash’s theory…

But alas… Squash has yet to post his moves, and no one else seems willing to take up the challenege and try to defeat the strat outline I have already posted…

• For anyone who wants to see the results…

I WAS SOUNDLY PROVEN WRONG!

India held up against the J2 attack…

AND they did so even on a re-roll that I did for my own benefit!

Now Squash did have to effectively suicide Russia to accomplish the defense of India, and Russian Jets certainly played a roll in moving the odds in the Allies favor.  And with the trouncing Japan took in India, Shanghai likely would have fallen to the US in US2.  Karelia was never in question… Germany had it, held it, and could not have been evicted, and had it not been a 2-turn limit game, Moscow would have fallen in G3.

But, by my own parameters… Squash has proven me wrong on a 2 turn limit game that 8 VC is a guaranteed Axis victory…

An extra helping of Crow here please…  I need to eat a bit more for my arrogance on THIS one!

• Yeah, but it was a two turn game, and so he had the luxery of throwing everything into Calcutta without having to worry about future turns. If he actually had to think about defending Russia, could he have pulled it off?

• not likely but the point was that 8vc was a guaranteed win by the axis by the end of round two.  We have just seen an example of that not being the case.  With the conditions laid out by NCSC the axis are not guaranteed anything.

• Sawyer is correct.

Only by the 2 turn limit is it possible.

In a “normal” game where both sides are playing “for the long haul”, there is STILL no way for the Allies to hold Karelia and Calcutta past Turn 2… not without sacrificing Moscow, Africa, and the British fleets.

• I agree with Sawyer as well.  My point was that you made the conditions.  You are right though.  Trying to hold those cities is suicide.  Let them go and come back for them later.

• Yep.  When I set a 2-turn game limit, I dramatically changed the conditions of the test.  Without the time limit, Russia won;t suicide to save India, and then India falls in 2 turns.

I failled to take that into account when I set the test parameters.

• Maybe you sould run another test?  I can’t I’m in the process of a move and don’t have the time right now.

• And I resume Tournament play in 2 days (an am out of town 1 of those)…

I’ll have to come back to this…

Suggested Topics

Axis & Allies Boardgaming Custom Painted Miniatures

Users

Topics

1.7m