19L axis-dominion (+4) vs KILL! (allies) bm3

• modules:composer.user_said_in, @Karl7, 19L axis-dominion (+4) vs KILL! (allies) bm3

@Karl7

but how does it pan out with the AA hit?

I find that the BatC can be really touchy if you lose like 1 unit, it will flip hard.

Luck is a bitch. I feel for you. I just lost a HUGE battle against JuanSpain where Russia attacked the German stack in Ukraine at 70ish% and got rocked hard. I lost 2 plans to AA which probably flipped the odds to like 40sih…

No it takes AA into consideration. It just simulates 1000 battles and averages.

• @axis-dominion

Well, you can take it with Germany probably.

But you may have to evacuate Gib,

• @Karl7 nah it shouldn’t be that way. It’s insane. I was so confident was supposed to be a relatively easy battle honestly. Did you look at the dice round by round? Your 2nd to last round especially was nuts. Yugo was a clue of what was to come I guess.

• Look at how many games I’ve played. Not even a single one of my other opponents gets the kind of consistent luck you’ve been getting on me. I don’t understand lol do I need to have 150% just to beat you in an important battle?

• Too bad, this was looking to be a fun one too.

• Now that I’ve calmed down a little bit, not that much, but just enough to think and reason again lol. Wanted to see if you’d be down for a mulligan, as I’m sure I’ve given you in the pass as well. What do you think if we each get a LL reroll? It’s ok if you don’t want to, but I’ll be honest, the way my games have been going against you, I don’t think I can play you without this kind of deal. Cuz I’ve noticed you tend to wing it when it comes to calcs, and I end up going for it since it’s too good, and somehow someway it works out drastically in your favor. It’s the oddest thing.

• @axis-dominion

Prob is my calc on Egypt I guess was wrong and I stacked it thinking I could hold and moved USA thinking I could hold etc… not to mention build the Mic in Persia etc…

So as much as I would like, I think a mulligan here would be too hard to unwind. Frankly I don’t think it’s that bad for you. A setback but you’ll still get Egypt.

Or we could do a new game with say 2 rerolls each? I can take axis at same bid?

• '22 '20 '19 '18 '17 '16 '15 '14 '12

The 2 other game you mention, yes, the first was luck by me in Egypt, again. But the other, if I recall, was a massive 50/50 battle that I won. Not exactly me getting super lucky against the odds…

or was there another game we played where I lucked out?

• @Karl7 in fact, I had calc’ed it at a fairly good odds of winning with good score even with your two inf that you sent for TJ. So when you attacked with those, I was like wow what balls for him to stay there LOL. But like I said, idk how it somehow still works out for you!

Nah getting Egypt with Germans is fruitless, you’ll just get it back and it’s uphill from there. The losses were heavy. So I’d rather negotiate a deal with you.

I like the 2 LL rerolls idea. Let’s make that our new standard. I think I need that against you lol.

As for this game, I’m down for one of the following:

1. You can redo British turn fully, or partially by editing your purchase and whatever combat/noncom movements. or if that’s too much work cuz if you think America needs redoing too, then

2. Yah we can start new game, switch sides at same bid and do the reroll standard. I’m ok with that too. And if you want even, to be a little fair for your kindness in allowing a restart, if you win that one, then you can claim both wins. So you’d get 2 for 1.

Let me know.

• @Karl7 said in 19L axis-dominion (+4) vs KILL! (allies) bm3:

The 2 other game you mention, yes, the first was luck by me in Egypt, again. But the other, if I recall, was a massive 50/50 battle that I won. Not exactly me getting super lucky against the odds…

or was there another game we played where I lucked out?

Well if you remember, you blasted me out of the sky with a whopping almost 300 score, when the instead the battle calc showed it a lot closer to breaking even, or maybe even a little favorable to me. I just remeber thinking, I’m ok even if I lose the battle, cuz my game was going so well. But it was such a blowout I had no chance from there.

• @axis-dominion

WHAT! NO MERCY! KILL!

You either stay and fight or new game (w/2 rerolls)! No conditions!

Mmmooooohaaaaa! (evil laugh)
    :smiling_imp:
    (I usually would grant mulligan but as I say I played 2 turns w/idea I could hold Egypt. Also I attacked transjordon w/troops from Iraq not Egypt)

• @Karl7 said in 19L axis-dominion (+4) vs KILL! (allies) bm3:

@axis-dominion

WHAT! NO MERCY! KILL!

You either stay and fight or new game (w/2 rerolls)! No conditions!

Mmmooooohaaaaa! (evil laugh)
    :smiling_imp:
    (I usually would grant mulligan but as I say I played 2 turns w/idea I could hold Egypt. Also I attacked transjordon w/troops from Iraq not Egypt)

Ohh I that’s right, you did with iraqis. Still doesn’t change the insane luck there.

Alright let’s start new one then. You can have axis same bid.

• @axis-dominion

Ok, I need to do some work work and will get the new game set up soon.

• @Karl7 sure no problem. Same here.

• TripleA Turn Summary: Italians round 4

TripleA Turn Summary for game: World War II Global 1940 Balanced Mod3, version: 3.3

Game History

Round: 4

Purchase Units - Italians
            Italians buy 1 armour, 3 artilleries, 3 infantry and 1 transport; Remaining resources: 0 PUs; 

Combat Move - Italians
            1 infantry moved from Ethiopia to Anglo Egyptian Sudan
            2 infantry moved from 98 Sea Zone to Trans-Jordan
            1 bomber and 1 fighter moved from Alexandria to Trans-Jordan
            2 fighters moved from 98 Sea Zone to Anglo Egyptian Sudan

Combat - Italians
            Battle in Trans-Jordan
                Italians attack with 1 bomber, 1 fighter and 2 infantry
                British defend with 2 infantry
                    Italians roll dice for 1 battleship and 1 cruiser in Trans-Jordan, round 2 : 1/2 hits, 1.17 expected hits
                    Italians roll dice for 1 bomber, 1 fighter and 2 infantry in Trans-Jordan, round 2 : 2/4 hits, 1.50 expected hits
                    British roll dice for 2 infantry in Trans-Jordan, round 2 : 1/2 hits, 0.67 expected hits
                    2 infantry owned by the British and 1 infantry owned by the Italians lost in Trans-Jordan
                Italians win, taking Trans-Jordan from British with 1 bomber, 1 fighter and 1 infantry remaining. Battle score for attacker is 3
                Casualties for Italians: 1 infantry
                Casualties for British: 2 infantry
            Battle in Anglo Egyptian Sudan
                Italians attack with 2 fighters and 1 infantry
                British defend with 1 infantry
                    Italians roll dice for 2 fighters and 1 infantry in Anglo Egyptian Sudan, round 2 : 0/3 hits, 1.17 expected hits
                    British roll dice for 1 infantry in Anglo Egyptian Sudan, round 2 : 0/1 hits, 0.33 expected hits
                    Italians roll dice for 2 fighters and 1 infantry in Anglo Egyptian Sudan, round 3 : 0/3 hits, 1.17 expected hits
                    British roll dice for 1 infantry in Anglo Egyptian Sudan, round 3 : 1/1 hits, 0.33 expected hits
                    1 infantry owned by the Italians lost in Anglo Egyptian Sudan
                 retreated to Anglo Egyptian Sudan
                British win with 1 infantry remaining. Battle score for attacker is -3
                Casualties for Italians: 1 infantry

Non Combat Move - Italians
            1 mech_infantry moved from Libya to Alexandria
            1 fighter moved from Anglo Egyptian Sudan to 98 Sea Zone
            1 fighter moved from Trans-Jordan to 98 Sea Zone
            1 fighter moved from Anglo Egyptian Sudan to Alexandria
            1 bomber moved from Trans-Jordan to Alexandria
            1 artillery and 2 infantry moved from Northern Italy to 97 Sea Zone
            1 armour moved from Yugoslavia to 97 Sea Zone
            1 armour, 1 artillery, 2 infantry and 2 transports moved from 97 Sea Zone to 98 Sea Zone
            3 transports moved from 98 Sea Zone to 97 Sea Zone
            1 armour, 1 artillery and 2 infantry moved from 98 Sea Zone to Alexandria
            1 mech_infantry moved from Romania to Eastern Poland
            1 infantry moved from Bessarabia to Eastern Poland
            1 aaGun moved from Northern Italy to France

Place Units - Italians
            1 transport placed in 97 Sea Zone
            1 armour, 3 artilleries and 3 infantry placed in Northern Italy
            Turning on Edit Mode
            EDIT: Removing units owned by Germans from 98 Sea Zone: 2 transports
            EDIT: Removing units owned by Italians from 98 Sea Zone: 2 infantry
            EDIT: Adding units owned by Italians to Alexandria: 1 infantry
            EDIT: Adding units owned by Germans to 98 Sea Zone: 2 transports
            EDIT: Turning off Edit Mode
            Turning on Edit Mode
            EDIT: Removing units owned by Italians from 92 Sea Zone: 1 submarine
            EDIT: Adding units owned by Italians to 83 Sea Zone: 1 submarine

Turn Complete - Italians
            Italians collect 19 PUs; end with 19 PUs
            Objective Italians 1 Control The Mediterranean: Italians met a national objective for an additional 5 PUs; end with 24 PUs
            Objective Italians 3 North Africa Control: Italians met a national objective for an additional 5 PUs; end with 29 PUs
            Objective Italians 2 Roman Empire: Italians met a national objective for an additional 5 PUs; end with 34 PUs
            Turning on Edit Mode
            EDIT: Removing units owned by Italians from Alexandria: 1 infantry
            EDIT: Adding units owned by Italians to Trans-Jordan: 1 infantry

Combat Hit Differential Summary :

Italians : -2.00
    British : 0.67

Savegame

• '22 '20 '19 '18 '17 '16 '15 '14 '12

TripleA Turn Summary: French round 4

TripleA Turn Summary for game: World War II Global 1940 Balanced Mod3, version: 3.3

Game History

Round: 4

Purchase Units - ANZAC
            Turning on Edit Mode
            EDIT: Removing units owned by British from 54 Sea Zone: 1 battleship
            EDIT: Adding units owned by British to 33 Sea Zone: 1 battleship
            ANZAC buy 1 armour, 1 fighter and 1 infantry; Remaining resources: 0 PUs; 

Combat Move - ANZAC
            1 artillery and 1 infantry moved from Queensland to 54 Sea Zone
            1 artillery, 1 infantry and 1 transport moved from 54 Sea Zone to 44 Sea Zone
            1 artillery and 1 infantry moved from 44 Sea Zone to Celebes
            2 infantry moved from Egypt to Trans-Jordan

Combat - ANZAC
            Battle in Celebes
                ANZAC attack with 1 artillery and 1 infantry
                Japanese defend with 1 infantry
                    ANZAC roll dice for 1 artillery and 1 infantry in Celebes, round 2 : 1/2 hits, 0.67 expected hits
                    Japanese roll dice for 1 infantry in Celebes, round 2 : 0/1 hits, 0.33 expected hits
                    1 infantry owned by the Japanese lost in Celebes
                ANZAC win, taking Celebes from Japanese with 1 artillery and 1 infantry remaining. Battle score for attacker is 3
                Casualties for Japanese: 1 infantry
            Battle in Trans-Jordan
                ANZAC attack with 2 infantry
                Italians defend with 2 infantry
                    ANZAC roll dice for 2 infantry in Trans-Jordan, round 2 : 1/2 hits, 0.33 expected hits
                    Italians roll dice for 2 infantry in Trans-Jordan, round 2 : 1/2 hits, 0.67 expected hits
                    1 infantry owned by the ANZAC and 1 infantry owned by the Italians lost in Trans-Jordan
                    ANZAC roll dice for 1 infantry in Trans-Jordan, round 3 : 1/1 hits, 0.17 expected hits
                    Italians roll dice for 1 infantry in Trans-Jordan, round 3 : 0/1 hits, 0.33 expected hits
                    1 infantry owned by the Italians lost in Trans-Jordan
                ANZAC win, taking Trans-Jordan from Italians with 1 infantry remaining. Battle score for attacker is 3
                Casualties for ANZAC: 1 infantry
                Casualties for Italians: 2 infantry

Non Combat Move - ANZAC
            1 infantry moved from Queensland to 54 Sea Zone
            1 cruiser, 1 destroyer, 1 infantry, 1 submarine and 2 transports moved from 54 Sea Zone to 46 Sea Zone
            1 infantry moved from New Guinea to 46 Sea Zone
            1 cruiser, 1 destroyer, 2 infantry, 1 submarine and 2 transports moved from 46 Sea Zone to 33 Sea Zone
            2 infantry moved from 33 Sea Zone to Caroline Islands
            3 fighters moved from Queensland to Caroline Islands

Place Units - ANZAC
            1 armour, 1 fighter and 1 infantry placed in Queensland

Turn Complete - ANZAC
            ANZAC collect 13 PUs; end with 13 PUs
            Objective ANZAC 3 Pacific Supply Lines: ANZAC met a national objective for an additional 3 PUs; end with 16 PUs
            Objective ANZAC 2 Control Strategic Islands: ANZAC met a national objective for an additional 3 PUs; end with 19 PUs

Combat Move - French
            1 destroyer moved from 75 Sea Zone to 72 Sea Zone

Non Combat Move - French

Turn Complete - French

Italians : 0.00
    ANZAC : 1.83
    Japanese : -0.33

Savegame

• TripleA Turn Summary: Germans round 5

Game History

Round: 5

Research Technology - Germans

Purchase Units - Germans
            Germans buy 1 artillery, 3 bombers, 1 fighter and 1 infantry; Remaining resources: 0 PUs; 

Combat Move - Germans
            1 infantry moved from Bessarabia to Ukraine
                  Germans take Ukraine from Russians
            2 infantry moved from Eastern Poland to Baltic States
            4 bombers moved from Finland to Baltic States
            1 artillery and 1 infantry moved from Gibraltar to 92 Sea Zone
            1 artillery, 1 infantry and 1 transport moved from 92 Sea Zone to 98 Sea Zone
            1 artillery and 1 infantry moved from 98 Sea Zone to Trans-Jordan
            1 bomber moved from Gibraltar to Trans-Jordan
            1 cruiser moved from 92 Sea Zone to 98 Sea Zone
            1 bomber moved from Southern Italy to Trans-Jordan

Combat - Germans
            Germans creates battle in territory 125 Sea Zone
            Battle in Baltic States
                Germans attack with 4 bombers and 2 infantry
                Russians defend with 1 artillery and 1 infantry
                    Germans roll dice for 4 bombers and 2 infantry in Baltic States, round 2 : 4/6 hits, 3.00 expected hits
                    Russians roll dice for 1 artillery and 1 infantry in Baltic States, round 2 : 1/2 hits, 0.67 expected hits
                    1 infantry owned by the Russians, 1 artillery owned by the Russians and 1 infantry owned by the Germans lost in Baltic States
                Germans win, taking Baltic States from Russians with 4 bombers and 1 infantry remaining. Battle score for attacker is 4
                Casualties for Germans: 1 infantry
                Casualties for Russians: 1 artillery and 1 infantry
            Battle in Trans-Jordan
                Germans attack with 1 artillery, 2 bombers and 1 infantry
                ANZAC defend with 1 infantry
                    Germans roll dice for 1 cruiser in Trans-Jordan, round 2 : 0/1 hits, 0.50 expected hits
                    Germans roll dice for 1 artillery, 2 bombers and 1 infantry in Trans-Jordan, round 2 : 0/4 hits, 2.00 expected hits
                    British roll dice for 1 infantry in Trans-Jordan, round 2 : 1/1 hits, 0.33 expected hits
                    1 infantry owned by the Germans lost in Trans-Jordan
                    Germans roll dice for 1 artillery and 2 bombers in Trans-Jordan, round 3 : 2/3 hits, 1.67 expected hits
                    British roll dice for 1 infantry in Trans-Jordan, round 3 : 0/1 hits, 0.33 expected hits
                    1 infantry owned by the ANZAC lost in Trans-Jordan
                Germans win, taking Trans-Jordan from British with 1 artillery and 2 bombers remaining. Battle score for attacker is 0

Non Combat Move - Germans
            14 artilleries moved from Eastern Poland to Western Ukraine
            15 infantry moved from Eastern Poland to Western Ukraine
            1 aaGun moved from Eastern Poland to Western Ukraine
            1 aaGun moved from Bessarabia to Western Ukraine
            8 armour moved from Eastern Poland to Western Ukraine
            1 armour moved from Poland to Western Ukraine
            2 mech_infantrys moved from Poland to Western Ukraine
            1 mech_infantry moved from Germany to Northern Italy
            1 aaGun moved from Germany to Western Germany
            8 mech_infantrys moved from Germany to Eastern Poland
            4 bombers moved from Baltic States to Western Germany
            1 aaGun and 2 infantry moved from Finland to Norway
            1 destroyer moved from 92 Sea Zone to 98 Sea Zone
            1 carrier moved from 92 Sea Zone to 95 Sea Zone
            2 transports moved from 98 Sea Zone to 95 Sea Zone
            2 infantry moved from Southern France to France
            1 bomber moved from Trans-Jordan to Greece
            1 submarine moved from 110 Sea Zone to 92 Sea Zone
            1 mech_infantry moved from Germany to Eastern Poland
            1 fighter moved from 92 Sea Zone to Western Germany
            3 fighters and 3 tactical_bombers moved from Gibraltar to Greece
            1 tactical_bomber moved from Alexandria to Greece

Place Units - Germans
            3 bombers and 1 fighter placed in Western Germany
            1 artillery and 1 infantry placed in Southern France

Turn Complete - Germans
            Total Cost from Convoy Blockades: 2
                Rolling for Convoy Blockade Damage in 125 Sea Zone. Rolls: 4,2
            Germans collect 47 PUs (2 lost to blockades); end with 47 PUs
            Trigger Germans 5 Swedish Iron Ore: Germans met a national objective for an additional 5 PUs; end with 52 PUs
            Turning on Edit Mode
            EDIT: Adding units owned by Italians to Western Ukraine: 1 aaGun, 3 infantry and 1 mech_infantry
            EDIT: Removing units owned by Italians from Eastern Poland: 1 aaGun, 3 infantry and 1 mech_infantry

Germans : -1.17
    British : 0.33
    Russians : 0.33

Savegame

• your good luck in TJ with the Aussies forced me off of gib. ah well.

• wait a sec, edit coming

• TripleA Turn Summary: Germans round 5

Game History

Round: 5

Research Technology - Germans

Purchase Units - Germans
            Germans buy 1 artillery, 3 bombers, 1 fighter and 1 infantry; Remaining resources: 0 PUs; 

Combat Move - Germans
            1 infantry moved from Bessarabia to Ukraine
                  Germans take Ukraine from Russians
            2 infantry moved from Eastern Poland to Baltic States
            4 bombers moved from Finland to Baltic States
            1 artillery and 1 infantry moved from Gibraltar to 92 Sea Zone
            1 artillery, 1 infantry and 1 transport moved from 92 Sea Zone to 98 Sea Zone
            1 artillery and 1 infantry moved from 98 Sea Zone to Trans-Jordan
            1 bomber moved from Gibraltar to Trans-Jordan
            1 cruiser moved from 92 Sea Zone to 98 Sea Zone
            1 bomber moved from Southern Italy to Trans-Jordan

Combat - Germans
            Germans creates battle in territory 125 Sea Zone
            Battle in Baltic States
                Germans attack with 4 bombers and 2 infantry
                Russians defend with 1 artillery and 1 infantry
                    Germans roll dice for 4 bombers and 2 infantry in Baltic States, round 2 : 4/6 hits, 3.00 expected hits
                    Russians roll dice for 1 artillery and 1 infantry in Baltic States, round 2 : 1/2 hits, 0.67 expected hits
                    1 infantry owned by the Russians, 1 artillery owned by the Russians and 1 infantry owned by the Germans lost in Baltic States
                Germans win, taking Baltic States from Russians with 4 bombers and 1 infantry remaining. Battle score for attacker is 4
                Casualties for Russians: 1 artillery and 1 infantry
            Battle in Trans-Jordan
                Germans attack with 1 artillery, 2 bombers and 1 infantry
                ANZAC defend with 1 infantry
                    Germans roll dice for 1 cruiser in Trans-Jordan, round 2 : 0/1 hits, 0.50 expected hits
                    Germans roll dice for 1 artillery, 2 bombers and 1 infantry in Trans-Jordan, round 2 : 0/4 hits, 2.00 expected hits
                    British roll dice for 1 infantry in Trans-Jordan, round 2 : 1/1 hits, 0.33 expected hits
                    1 infantry owned by the Germans lost in Trans-Jordan
                    Germans roll dice for 1 artillery and 2 bombers in Trans-Jordan, round 3 : 2/3 hits, 1.67 expected hits
                    British roll dice for 1 infantry in Trans-Jordan, round 3 : 0/1 hits, 0.33 expected hits
                    1 infantry owned by the ANZAC lost in Trans-Jordan
                Germans win, taking Trans-Jordan from British with 1 artillery and 2 bombers remaining. Battle score for attacker is 0

Non Combat Move - Germans
            14 artilleries moved from Eastern Poland to Western Ukraine
            15 infantry moved from Eastern Poland to Western Ukraine
            1 aaGun moved from Eastern Poland to Western Ukraine
            1 aaGun moved from Bessarabia to Western Ukraine
            8 armour moved from Eastern Poland to Western Ukraine
            1 armour moved from Poland to Western Ukraine
            2 mech_infantrys moved from Poland to Western Ukraine
            1 mech_infantry moved from Germany to Northern Italy
            1 aaGun moved from Germany to Western Germany
            8 mech_infantrys moved from Germany to Eastern Poland
            4 bombers moved from Baltic States to Western Germany
            1 aaGun and 2 infantry moved from Finland to Norway
            1 destroyer moved from 92 Sea Zone to 98 Sea Zone
            1 carrier moved from 92 Sea Zone to 95 Sea Zone
            2 transports moved from 98 Sea Zone to 95 Sea Zone
            2 infantry moved from Southern France to France
            1 bomber moved from Trans-Jordan to Greece
            1 submarine moved from 110 Sea Zone to 92 Sea Zone
            1 mech_infantry moved from Germany to Eastern Poland
            1 fighter moved from 92 Sea Zone to Western Germany
            3 fighters and 3 tactical_bombers moved from Gibraltar to Greece
            1 tactical_bomber moved from Alexandria to Greece

Place Units - Germans
            3 bombers and 1 fighter placed in Western Germany
            1 artillery and 1 infantry placed in Southern France

Turn Complete - Germans
            Total Cost from Convoy Blockades: 2
                Rolling for Convoy Blockade Damage in 125 Sea Zone. Rolls: 4,2
            Germans collect 47 PUs (2 lost to blockades); end with 47 PUs
            Trigger Germans 5 Swedish Iron Ore: Germans met a national objective for an additional 5 PUs; end with 52 PUs
            Turning on Edit Mode
            EDIT: Adding units owned by Italians to Western Ukraine: 1 aaGun, 3 infantry and 1 mech_infantry
            EDIT: Removing units owned by Italians from Eastern Poland: 1 aaGun, 3 infantry and 1 mech_infantry
            Turning on Edit Mode
            EDIT: Removing units owned by British from 81 Sea Zone: 1 transport

Germans : -1.17
    British : 0.33
    Russians : 0.33

Savegame

Suggested Topics

Axis & Allies Boardgaming Custom Painted Miniatures

Users