DizzKneeLand33 (Allies) vs Avin (Axis+18) Classic 3rd edition Game 2

• '20 '16 '15 '14

Bid of 18: 3 inf EE, 2 inf Libya, 1 inf Manch. GL and HF!

• '20 '16 '15 '14

Testing Forum poster

Test summary from TripleA, engine version: 1.9, time: 1:55:08 PM
    Savegame

• '20 '16 '15 '14

TripleA Turn Summary: Russians round 1

TripleA Turn Summary for game: World War II Classic 3rd Edition, version: 2.0

Game History

Round: 1

Research Technology - Russians
            Turning on Edit Mode
            EDIT: Adding units owned by Germans to Libya: 2 infantry
            EDIT: Adding units owned by Germans to East Europe: 3 infantry
            EDIT: Adding units owned by Japanese to Manchuria: 1 infantry
            EDIT: Turning off Edit Mode

Purchase Units - Russians
            Russians buy 8 infantry; Remaining resources: 0 PUs; 

Combat Move - Russians
            3 infantry moved from Karelia S.S.R. to Ukraine S.S.R.
            3 infantry moved from Caucasus to Ukraine S.S.R.
            1 armour and 1 fighter moved from Karelia S.S.R. to Ukraine S.S.R.
            1 armour moved from Russia to Ukraine S.S.R.
            1 armour and 2 infantry moved from Soviet Far East to Manchuria
            3 infantry moved from Yakut S.S.R. to Manchuria
            1 fighter moved from Russia to Manchuria

Combat - Russians
            Battle in Ukraine S.S.R.
                Russians attack with 2 armour, 1 fighter and 6 infantry
                Germans defend with 2 armour, 1 fighter and 3 infantry
                    Russians roll dice for 2 armour, 1 fighter and 6 infantry in Ukraine S.S.R., round 2 : 2/9 hits, 2.50 expected hits
                    Germans roll dice for 2 armour, 1 fighter and 3 infantry in Ukraine S.S.R., round 2 : 2/6 hits, 2.33 expected hits
                    2 infantry owned by the Russians and 2 infantry owned by the Germans lost in Ukraine S.S.R.
                    Russians roll dice for 2 armour, 1 fighter and 4 infantry in Ukraine S.S.R., round 3 : 2/7 hits, 2.17 expected hits
                    Germans roll dice for 2 armour, 1 fighter and 1 infantry in Ukraine S.S.R., round 3 : 2/4 hits, 1.67 expected hits
                    2 infantry owned by the Russians, 1 infantry owned by the Germans and 1 armour owned by the Germans lost in Ukraine S.S.R.
                    Russians roll dice for 2 armour, 1 fighter and 2 infantry in Ukraine S.S.R., round 4 : 1/5 hits, 1.83 expected hits
                    Germans roll dice for 1 armour and 1 fighter in Ukraine S.S.R., round 4 : 0/2 hits, 1.00 expected hits
                    1 armour owned by the Germans lost in Ukraine S.S.R.
                    Russians roll dice for 2 armour, 1 fighter and 2 infantry in Ukraine S.S.R., round 5 : 0/5 hits, 1.83 expected hits
                    Germans roll dice for 1 fighter in Ukraine S.S.R., round 5 : 1/1 hits, 0.67 expected hits
                    1 infantry owned by the Russians lost in Ukraine S.S.R.
                    Russians roll dice for 2 armour, 1 fighter and 1 infantry in Ukraine S.S.R., round 6 : 2/4 hits, 1.67 expected hits
                    Germans roll dice for 1 fighter in Ukraine S.S.R., round 6 : 1/1 hits, 0.67 expected hits
                    1 infantry owned by the Russians and 1 fighter owned by the Germans lost in Ukraine S.S.R.
                Russians win, taking Ukraine S.S.R. from Germans with 2 armour and 1 fighter remaining. Battle score for attacker is 13
                Casualties for Russians: 6 infantry
                Casualties for Germans: 2 armour, 1 fighter and 3 infantry
            Battle in Manchuria
                Russians attack with 1 armour, 1 fighter and 5 infantry
                Japanese defend with 1 fighter and 4 infantry
                    Russians roll dice for 1 armour, 1 fighter and 5 infantry in Manchuria, round 2 : 3/7 hits, 1.83 expected hits
                    Japanese roll dice for 1 fighter and 4 infantry in Manchuria, round 2 : 3/5 hits, 2.00 expected hits
                    3 infantry owned by the Japanese and 3 infantry owned by the Russians lost in Manchuria
                    Russians roll dice for 1 armour, 1 fighter and 2 infantry in Manchuria, round 3 : 1/4 hits, 1.33 expected hits
                    Japanese roll dice for 1 fighter and 1 infantry in Manchuria, round 3 : 2/2 hits, 1.00 expected hits
                    1 infantry owned by the Japanese and 2 infantry owned by the Russians lost in Manchuria
                1 armour owned by the Russians retreated to Yakut S.S.R.
                Japanese win with 1 fighter remaining. Battle score for attacker is -3
                Casualties for Russians: 5 infantry
                Casualties for Japanese: 4 infantry
            Trigger Russians Can Move: Setting movementRestrictionTerritories cleared  for rulesAttachment attached to Russians
            Trigger Russians Can Move: Setting movementRestrictionType to disallowed for rulesAttachment attached to Russians

Non Combat Move - Russians
            2 infantry moved from Evenki National Okrug to Yakut S.S.R.
            1 fighter moved from Manchuria to Yakut S.S.R.
            1 fighter moved from Ukraine S.S.R. to Karelia S.S.R.
            2 infantry moved from Caucasus to Karelia S.S.R.
            1 armour and 4 infantry moved from Russia to Karelia S.S.R.

Place Units - Russians
            8 infantry placed in Karelia S.S.R.
            Turning on Edit Mode
            EDIT: Removing units owned by Russians from Karelia Sea Zone: 1 submarine and 1 transport
            EDIT: Adding units owned by Russians to North Sea Zone: 1 submarine
            EDIT: Adding units owned by Russians to East Canada Sea Zone: 1 transport
            EDIT: Turning off Edit Mode

Turn Complete - Russians
            Russians collect 27 PUs; end with 27 PUs

Combat Hit Differential Summary :

Germans : -0.33
    Russians : -2.17
    Japanese : 2.00

Savegame

• Your sub in the Eastern Med can retreat: where to?

• I’ll assume it does and we can edit it to a destination of your choice later.

• '20 '16 '15 '14

That’s cool, I don’t see a posting of the battle so I can’t say exactly :)

• TripleA Turn Summary: Germans round 1

TripleA Turn Summary for game: World War II Classic 3rd Edition, version: 2.0

Game History

Round: 1

Purchase Units - Germans
            Germans buy 1 armour and 9 infantry; Remaining resources: 0 PUs; 

Combat Move - Germans
            1 infantry moved from Algeria to French West Africa
                  Germans take French West Africa from British
            1 armour moved from Libya to French Equatorial Africa
                  Germans take French Equatorial Africa from British
            1 armour moved from French Equatorial Africa to Anglo Sudan Egypt
            3 infantry moved from Libya to Anglo Sudan Egypt
            1 fighter moved from East Europe to East Mediteranean Sea Zone
            1 battleship moved from Central Mediteranean Sea Zone to West Mediteranean Sea Zone
            1 submarine moved from West Spain Sea Zone to West Mediteranean Sea Zone
            1 submarine moved from Baltic Sea Zone to North Sea Zone
            1 bomber moved from Germany to North Sea Zone
            1 fighter moved from Finland Norway to North Sea Zone
            1 fighter moved from Germany to North Sea Zone
            1 fighter moved from West Europe to North Sea Zone
            1 transport moved from Baltic Sea Zone to North Sea Zone
            2 infantry moved from East Europe to Ukraine S.S.R.
            1 armour moved from East Europe to Ukraine S.S.R.

Combat - Germans
            Battle in Ukraine S.S.R.
                Germans attack with 1 armour and 2 infantry
                Russians defend with 2 armour
                    Germans roll dice for 1 armour and 2 infantry in Ukraine S.S.R., round 2 : 0/3 hits, 0.83 expected hits
                    Russians roll dice for 2 armour in Ukraine S.S.R., round 2 : 1/2 hits, 0.67 expected hits
                    1 infantry owned by the Germans lost in Ukraine S.S.R.
                    Germans roll dice for 1 armour and 1 infantry in Ukraine S.S.R., round 3 : 1/2 hits, 0.67 expected hits
                    Russians roll dice for 2 armour in Ukraine S.S.R., round 3 : 1/2 hits, 0.67 expected hits
                    1 armour owned by the Russians and 1 infantry owned by the Germans lost in Ukraine S.S.R.
                    Germans roll dice for 1 armour in Ukraine S.S.R., round 4 : 1/1 hits, 0.50 expected hits
                    Russians roll dice for 1 armour in Ukraine S.S.R., round 4 : 1/1 hits, 0.33 expected hits
                    1 armour owned by the Russians and 1 armour owned by the Germans lost in Ukraine S.S.R.
                Russians win with no units remaining. Battle score for attacker is -1
                Casualties for Germans: 1 armour and 2 infantry
                Casualties for Russians: 2 armour
            Battle in East Mediteranean Sea Zone
                Germans attack with 1 fighter
                British defend with 1 submarine
                    Germans roll dice for 1 fighter in East Mediteranean Sea Zone, round 2 : 0/1 hits, 0.50 expected hits
                1 submarine owned by the British retreated to Red Sea Zone
            Battle in Anglo Sudan Egypt
                Germans attack with 1 armour and 3 infantry
                British defend with 1 armour and 1 infantry
                    Germans roll dice for 1 armour and 3 infantry in Anglo Sudan Egypt, round 2 : 0/4 hits, 1.00 expected hits
                    British roll dice for 1 armour and 1 infantry in Anglo Sudan Egypt, round 2 : 2/2 hits, 0.67 expected hits
                    2 infantry owned by the Germans lost in Anglo Sudan Egypt
                    Germans roll dice for 1 armour and 1 infantry in Anglo Sudan Egypt, round 3 : 1/2 hits, 0.67 expected hits
                    British roll dice for 1 armour and 1 infantry in Anglo Sudan Egypt, round 3 : 0/2 hits, 0.67 expected hits
                    1 infantry owned by the British lost in Anglo Sudan Egypt
                    Germans roll dice for 1 armour and 1 infantry in Anglo Sudan Egypt, round 4 : 2/2 hits, 0.67 expected hits
                    British roll dice for 1 armour in Anglo Sudan Egypt, round 4 : 0/1 hits, 0.33 expected hits
                    1 armour owned by the British lost in Anglo Sudan Egypt
                Germans winGermans winGermans win with 1 fighter remaining with 1 fighter remaining, taking Anglo Sudan Egypt from British with 1 armour and 1 infantry remaining. Battle score for attacker is 2
                Casualties for Germans: 2 infantry
                Casualties for British: 1 armour and 1 infantry
            Battle in West Mediteranean Sea Zone
                Germans attack with 1 battleship and 1 submarine
                British defend with 1 battleship
                    Germans roll dice for 1 submarine in West Mediteranean Sea Zone, round 2 : 0/1 hits, 0.33 expected hits
                    Germans roll dice for 1 battleship in West Mediteranean Sea Zone, round 2 : 1/1 hits, 0.67 expected hits
                    British roll dice for 1 battleship in West Mediteranean Sea Zone, round 2 : 1/1 hits, 0.67 expected hits
                    1 submarine owned by the Germans and 1 battleship owned by the British lost in West Mediteranean Sea Zone
                Germans win with 1 battleship remaining. Battle score for attacker is 16
                Casualties for Germans: 1 submarine
                Casualties for British: 1 battleship
            Battle in North Sea Zone
                Germans attack with 1 bomber, 3 fighters, 1 submarine and 1 transport
                British defend with 1 battleship and 1 transport; Russians defend with 1 submarine
                    Germans roll dice for 1 submarine in North Sea Zone, round 2 : 0/1 hits, 0.33 expected hits
                    Germans roll dice for 1 bomber, 3 fighters and 1 transport in North Sea Zone, round 2 : 1/4 hits, 2.17 expected hits
                    British roll dice for 1 submarine in North Sea Zone, round 2 : 0/1 hits, 0.33 expected hits
                    British roll dice for 1 battleship and 1 transport in North Sea Zone, round 2 : 2/2 hits, 0.83 expected hits
                    1 transport owned by the British, 1 submarine owned by the Germans and 1 transport owned by the Germans lost in North Sea Zone
                1 submarine owned by the Russians retreated to East Canada Sea Zone
                    Germans roll dice for 1 bomber and 3 fighters in North Sea Zone, round 3 : 3/4 hits, 2.17 expected hits
                    British roll dice for 1 battleship in North Sea Zone, round 3 : 0/1 hits, 0.67 expected hits
                    1 battleship owned by the British lost in North Sea Zone
                Germans win with 1 bomber and 3 fighters remaining. Battle score for attacker is 16
                Casualties for Germans: 1 submarine and 1 transport
                Casualties for British: 1 battleship and 1 transport

Non Combat Move - Germans
            2 infantry moved from South Europe to Central Mediteranean Sea Zone
            2 infantry and 1 transport moved from Central Mediteranean Sea Zone to West Mediteranean Sea Zone
            2 infantry moved from West Mediteranean Sea Zone to Algeria
            1 fighter moved from East Mediteranean Sea Zone to East Europe
            1 bomber moved from North Sea Zone to Germany
            2 armour moved from Germany to East Europe
            2 armour moved from West Europe to Germany
            1 aaGun moved from South Europe to East Europe
            2 infantry moved from Germany to West Europe
            2 infantry moved from Germany to East Europe
            1 fighter moved from North Sea Zone to West Europe
            2 armour moved from Germany to East Europe
            2 fighters moved from North Sea Zone to East Europe

Place Units - Germans
            2 infantry placed in South Europe
            1 armour and 7 infantry placed in Germany

Turn Complete - Germans
            Germans collect 33 PUs; end with 33 PUs

Combat Hit Differential Summary :

Germans : -0.50
    British : 0.83
    Russians : 1.33

Savegame

• I also had you retreat the Russian sub which would have immediately died if it hadn’t. Feel free to adjust the final location of either before starting UK’s turn.

Also I note that this apparently does NOT have 2 hit battleships on this game; it looks like both British battleships went down with only one hit. Which of course here was great for me at the moment. Was that intentional?

• '20 '16 '15 '14

Weird, it said 3rd edition when I loaded it?! I’ll have to look at that.

Subs can just submerge as well.

• '20 '16 '15 '14

I still don’t see your save posted yet…

• You don’t? It’s the post before my last one. Try refreshing the page?

• '20 '16 '15 '14

Wow, so the map says “classic 3rd edition” but the rules by definition look like “2nd” edition for some reason.

• '20 '16 '15 '14

There were NO 1 hit BB’s in 3rd edition, for example. I may have to edit the game to a fresh space – sorry, I didn’t realize the rules options were off

• '20 '16 '15 '14

So, would your results have been different if the BB’s had 2 hits? That’s of course what they should have been…

• In the previous game which I set up, I had explicitly checked the 2 hit BB option. And maybe one or two other things after clarifying with you, I don’t remember now.

If you’d like we could just restart from scratch.

• '20 '16 '15 '14

I’m going to load the map for “Omaha” which is the rules used online for 3rd edition non RR. For russia restricted, we played “Utah” which had some interesting variants (no tech until round 4 and so forth).

Sure, I can just reload that and we can play that from here, if you are cool with that!

• The North Sea wouldn’t have gone any differently I think but the western med, I wouldn’t have lost the sub in the first round, and maybe would have had a better result. I don’t know. I’m fine with restarting and using that if you’d like; we weren’t very far in.

• '20 '16 '15 '14

Well, the link for that doesn’t seem to be working right anymore. So sorry, it used to work just fine up front…

Guess I will set the options manually.

• '20 '16 '15 '14

So, I’m checking “submersible subs”, “two hit battleship”, shore bombard per ground unit restricted" (that should have been during our first game too, but that’s okay lol) – the last one means that you have to have one ground unit attacking per bombard shot.

I’m also going to check “partial amphibious retreat” because I think that means that you can retreat planes in an amphibious attack and leave the ground units attacking (as they must). This was a fundamental difference between 3rd edition and 2nd edition.

• '20 '16 '15 '14

Wait, it does say attacker retreat planes. So, I won’t check that other one. Man, this is confusing for someone old like me lmao.

Suggested Topics

Axis & Allies Boardgaming Custom Painted Miniatures

Users

Topics

1.7m