• Diy Magnetic Paint. (Lot cheaper than the $16.00-$29. 00 for the commercial stuff.) and a whole lot better better. All ya need to do is buy a box of Iron Oxide aka cement color. You can get it from Home Depot or Lowe’s. It comes in 1 lbs bag in a box. The brand I use is Sakrete,It cost about $7.00. Now all you have to do is a few drops of you Favorite primer paint and as small amounts of the Iron Oxide until you get a thick but paintable mixture. The more of the Iron Oxide in the paint the better the magnet will hold. Apply to the bottom of the plane do a few coats. And your done! Works very well and didn’t break the bank. It also won’t ever go bad as long as you keep the bag sealed up. Check out my YouTube video

https://youtu.be/AEUcaJffxd4

B4CFBC30-D7A6-47EA-A734-C38AA11A8613.jpeg

B1644FF1-28A3-4CE7-A783-80913CB09300.jpeg

• @Sarge said in Diy Magnetic Paint:
    All ya need to do is buy a box of Iron Oxide aka cement color.

AKA rust. :) I didn’t know the stuff was actually sold in boxes – but in any case this magentization concept is a clever idea. Thanks for sharing it.

• @CWO-Marc No problem, I just couldn’t bring myself to buy a $29.00 can of paint that would never bu used. I already had the Sakrete from a Hyphatufa planting pot I made. So there ya go. As soon as I figure out how to post pictures from my IPad to this forum I’ll update it.

• This post is deleted!

Suggested Topics

Axis & Allies Boardgaming Custom Painted Miniatures

Users

Topics

1.7m