Just a tip for Axis players in AAE

• I’ve seen a few people mention how hard it is to win with the Axis. Well, I developed a new strategy for them, and, once my friends learned it, the Axis and hard to beat (We’re bidding at 24$ given to the Allies now)

Use your subs to block off the American sea zone. This effectively eliminates America from the game for a few turns. Remember, you need a Destroyer to attack subs with Air power.

I’ll go into more detail later, school ending.

• Another way to help that strategy is to buy subs on the first turn, that will give the western allies more trouble in the atlintic. It keeps the germans in the convoy war for a longer time. Try it. It doesn’t always work, but it may shock the western allies!! 5 subs on the first turn or 6 subs with the extra cash at the start.

• mY preference is 2 SS(submarines) each turn for 3 turns. Then 1 or 0 depending on how well they handledthe first six. I couldn’t keep it up forever or would never beat SOVs.
    –-------------------------------------------------------------
    Yugoslavian anti-Nazi insult inserted here.

• jUST HOW IS IT YOU WILL “BLOCK OFF” THE AMERICAN SEA ZONE? THE U.S. CAN PUT A NAVY RIGHT IN TO FIGHT YOUR SUBS. AND WHEN WAS THIS GOING TO HAPPEN? 1ST TURN? AND NOT SINK THE HOOD? PLEASE GO BACK TO THE DRAWING BOARD.

• I with yanny on this one. i havnt seen it done but in theory it should work. also if u have subs in the yankey sea zone they cant build anything there till its cleard. so if u keep the british alive for a turn and not completely annhilate there navy that could delay the Capitalist pigs a couple of turns before they open up a 2nd front :)

• @DasEwokSS:

I with yanny on this one. i havnt seen it done but in theory it should work. also if u have subs in the yankey sea zone they cant build anything there till its cleard. so if u keep the british alive for a turn and not completely annhilate there navy that could delay the Capitalist pigs a couple of turns before they open up a 2nd front :)

You can build in enemy occupied sea zones. You cannot load or unload during your combat move though. I think subs are much more effectiv in blocking the UK.

• o yeah naval occupation rule :0

• I’ve tried this strategy many times; it works perfectly untill the US gets fed up and builds massive amounts of submarines, then he can beat you in one or two turns. Also, you need to neglect the convoys a little in order to get that many subs off the coast. I assure you, though, you can have a sizable sub fleet off the US coast and destroy the majority of the UK’s fleet on the first turn (except maybe that pesky destroyer off Canada), you just need to do some imaginative naval maneuvering with a little air cover.

• He may be able to beat you in 2 turns, but for those two turns he isn’t building Transports and Infantry.

• I use most of my subs with Germany to block sea zones rather than attack.
    I with Yanny on this one.

Its a good trick, after a few rounds of play, to save all your money for one turn with Germany. It may throw the allies off knowing that you have a whole lot of money to spend on a whole lot of units.

I like saving money with Germay for on turn when I buying Navy.
    Its harded to destroy that way.

• what is going to stop him from building a shit load of bombers and then placing 1 destroyer in the water

Suggested Topics

Axis & Allies Boardgaming Custom Painted Miniatures

Users

Topics

1.7m