What's the best country to be. Please tell why

Lol!

My favorites are:

1)  Germany
    2)  Japan
    3)  Russia
    4 tie)  UK or US

Germany and Russia are the most challenging, with Japan being the 3rd.
    This is because G and R dictate the game and are in the most trouble from rd 1 on.  UK and US sort of just fill in the gaps and back Russia up, either supply forces to Kar or to open up a second front on G.
    And likewise with Japan, you must take the pressure off Germany, whether that is full court press on Russia or some other strat where you can get the US or UK sidetracked.  Either way, no matter how good the Japan, UK and US players are, if the G and/or R players aren’t any good the game will be over quick.

UK and US are probably the easiest to play for newbies, since their capitals aren’t really in trouble.  IMO, Japan has too many responsibilities in helping out Germany for it to be played by a newbie (if all other players are experienced).

UK, US, and Japan can also be the most fun though because you can get away with buying some high powered units like bombers and fighters, and you can play around with navies too depending on each game.

I really like the US when playing a Pac strat or KJF, but it can be done so rarely (at least from the start) and is very much dependent on what G and J do on rd 1.

Basically it really depends on what you are looking for game to game.  I agree with Biofury on “it depends on what mood you are in…”.

• My favorite is the UK. Even with it’s worldwide presence, and naval potential, this nation still runs on luck. With Germans threatening the airspace, seaways and land, up to the very shores of the N. American continent, I find it very rewarding to plan and use this nation to be a plague to Germany.(Not to mention as a lesson in tenacity ;-)  Additionally, there is no messy land strategy needed in the beginning of the game, except in S.E. Asia.  However, if you are a new player, I would recommend that you start as either Russia, or the U.S. . Both are fairly easy, and will help you learn the rules much faster.

• My favorite is GBR because you get to “save” Russia from Germany’s invasion. Also, as GBR you have a lot of choices you can make, like you aren’t set to making 8 inf on your first turn like Russia.

• I like playing with Japan and reinacting Pearl Harbor.  Besides, my attacking Japan infantry always seem to roll a 1 a lot more so than my Germany friends.

• I think japan and the U.S. are the most fun to play.  the detnt aspect of the Pacific after the first round is sweet with neither side wanting to attack and risk it all.  Trying to worm your way in and take a few islands while defendinh australia is mad fun.  Putting pressure on Philipines in fun.  Trying to outmanouver your opponents navy is crazy fun.

To one of the posts above, it is not Japans job to crush the British economy.  It is Germanies.  this is why so many axis players lose miserably.  Africa and teh middle east are the path to victory for Germany.

• 1- japan…. So much to do and what a difference they can make if played well
    2- germany…It’s fun trying to survive against the “shuck-n-f*ck”
    3- russia…Right in the middle of the action!

• I think G is the most intuitive.  Go full bore and kill something!  UK and J require more finesse.  R is trying to buy time, and A is the supply depot.

Like others have said, it just depends on what you feel like at the time. :-D

Japan Definantly is number 1. SO SO SO much to do And So little to do it with. I say to Hell with pearl Harbor, if you must attack only use submarines here. Smash China And Russia all at once, 2nd turn smash rest of china and India. I dont always Buy IC right away for the mainland Usually 2 tranny’s, 3 inf 1 tank. turn two IC, and men. Usually by the time turn 3 comes around I am ready to start the push on Moscow. All My New IC’s produce 3 tanks every turn. When it comes to the US i just need enough of a Navy and airforce to simply keep him busy or too afraid of my defensive capabilities to attack, The key for Japan more times then not for me is Germany’s Airforce clearing a path for Japans tanks

Germany 2  Where do I start Well invading russia killed them in WW2 and it will kill me now also, so I throw up a wall. Then I focus the Majority of my attention on britain they are usually my first target. The key is the ability to threat a UK invasion every turn How do I do this Laugh if you want but gibralter must be in german hands at the end of turn 1 Turn two start pumping men and machinery into Afrika This means you have to buy a navy with a carrier in it within the first 4 turns. This Carrier is the key. If needed any planes that are on it can attack all the way through till china or India as with germany based bombers you kill the few dipsticks in the way for japan smash moscow. the majority of russia crap will usually be next germany’s pile to far away to take it back right away

I do not like being the allies at all but i can’t stand the British the Most

• Did you just say that germany needs to buy a carrier?? Well all I would do is start buying russian battleships to counter that! 8-)

• Death Head, I think you are discussing Revised, not the original version of Axis and Allies.

Suggested Topics

Axis & Allies Boardgaming Custom Painted Miniatures

Users

Topics

1.7m