Factory Capture House Rules Ideas?

• '19

In most of the OOB rules I’ve seen for various versions, captured factories can be used by the new owner in their next turn.
    I’m not a fan of this personally. Sure, the industrial infrastructure would be there but it would still take time to repurpose the factory and establish resource networks etc etc.

Just wondering if anyone else feels the same or has any counter arguments or suggestions.

[For Anniversary]
    My draft idea would be to have factories ‘destroyed’ on capture. Indicate this by turning captured factories onto their side.
    The new owner can invest in a new IC on their next turn for a reduced price of 10 IPCs, should they wish to. They will not be able to use the factory until they do so. In the same way as the standard rules for factory placement, you cannot use a factory the same turn you place it including restoring a captured factory.

If you manage to recapture one of your own factories which is still destroyed, you can restore it for 5 IPCs during purchase units and use it the same turn.
    If you manage to recapture one of your original factories which the enemy has restored, it is once again destroyed and 10 IPCs must be spent to restore it.

I plan to customise my factory pieces to make original ownership easy to track, but placing a roundel under a destroyed factory will do for now.

Any thoughts? Please post!

-Clegg

• @CorporalClegg said in Factory Capture House Rules Ideas?:

In most of the OOB rules I’ve seen for various versions, captured factories can be used by the new owner in their next turn.
    I’m not a fan of this personally. Sure, the industrial infrastructure would be there but it would still take time to repurpose the factory and establish resource networks etc etc.

Just wondering if anyone else feels the same or has any counter arguments or suggestions.

[For Anniversary]
    My draft idea would be to have factories ‘destroyed’ on capture. Indicate this by turning captured factories onto their side.
    The new owner can invest in a new IC on their next turn for a reduced price of 10 IPCs, should they wish to. They will not be able to use the factory until they do so. In the same way as the standard rules for factory placement, you cannot use a factory the same turn you place it including restoring a captured factory.

If you manage to recapture one of your own factories which is still destroyed, you can restore it for 5 IPCs during purchase units and use it the same turn. I would make this 10 icps instead of 5.
    If you manage to recapture one of your original factories which the enemy has restored, it is once again destroyed and 10 IPCs must be spent to restore it.

I plan to customise my factory pieces to make original ownership easy to track, but placing a roundel under a destroyed factory will do for now. You can use a Black chip for this.

Any thoughts? Please post!

-Clegg

• Another rule is Captured ICs by the enemy can only build half there capacity. If IC is recaptured by a original owner or an Allie, you still can only build half capacity.

• @SS-GEN said in Factory Capture House Rules Ideas?:

Another rule is Captured ICs by the enemy can only build half there capacity. If IC is recaptured by a original owner or an Allie, you still can only build half capacity.

Thanks for your reply.
    So in other words, a captured factory is forever limited to 1/2 production, even after recapture? Think this makes sense for the enemy who would be unlikely to match production capacity in enemy lands, but perhaps not for a player who manages to reclaim their original factory.
    Still, nice suggestion. Thanks!

• @CorporalClegg said in Factory Capture House Rules Ideas?:

@SS-GEN said in Factory Capture House Rules Ideas?:

Another rule is Captured ICs by the enemy can only build half there capacity. If IC is recaptured by a original owner or an Allie, you still can only build half capacity.

Thanks for your reply.
    So in other words, a captured factory is forever limited to 1/2 production, even after recapture? Think this makes sense for the enemy who would be unlikely to match production capacity in enemy lands, but perhaps not for a player who manages to reclaim their original factory.
    Still, nice suggestion. Thanks!

Ya you could give back full production to allies recaptured IC. Play test.

• Damage the factory to its max value when captured.

• '19

@Faramir
    Thanks for your reply. I’ve considered this as an option too. It’s simple and easy to remember.
    Damage can range between 4 and 20 though which is a bit inconsistent for my liking.
    Thanks for sharing your ideas nonetheless

Suggested Topics

Axis & Allies Boardgaming Custom Painted Miniatures

Users

Topics

1.7m