Physically modifying 1942 2nd edition map.

• I have just received my Canadian roundels from HBG and I want to cut up Canada into its respective 1940 territories. I don’t have access to any printing machine that could print a map. Does anyone have any suggestions on how to modify the map so that it looks reasonably professional?

• Your best option might be to use a simple graphics program like Paint to create either a single large picture or several smaller pictures (depending on whether or not you’ll need to make multiple printouts) consisting of the required interprovincial borderlines and the required names on a clear background. Print out draft versions on plain paper as you experiment with the pictures until you get the sizes and positions exactly right to fit on your map board. Once you’re satisfied, take the files to a local printing/photocopy place and ask them to print the picture (or pictures) on sheets of thin clear acrylic, i.e. the type used for old-fashioned overhead projector transparencies. These can be overlayed on your map and held in place by transparent sticky tape. It should look fairly professional, and it won’t affect the actual map so you can always change it back later if you wish.

• @CWO-Marc said in Physically modifying 1942 2nd edition map.:

Your best option might be to use a simple graphics program like Paint to create either a single large picture or several smaller pictures (depending on whether or not you’ll need to make multiple printouts) consisting of the required interprovincial borderlines and the required names on a clear background. Print out draft versions on plain paper as you experiment with the pictures until you get the sizes and positions exactly right to fit on your map board. Once you’re satisfied, take the files to a local printing/photocopy place and ask them to print the picture (or pictures) on sheets of thin clear acrylic, i.e. the type used for old-fashioned overhead projector transparencies. These can be overlayed on your map and held in place by transparent sticky tape. It should look fairly professional, and it won’t affect the actual map so you can always change it back later if you wish.

Sounds like something I should be able to do. Thank you!

• My pleasure. By the way, I wrote “acrylic” above but I’ve double-checked and the correct term is actually acetate sheets, a.k.a. projector transparencies; see: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Transparency_(projection).

• @CWO-Marc said in Physically modifying 1942 2nd edition map.:

My pleasure. By the way, I wrote “acrylic” above but I’ve double-checked and the correct term is actually acetate sheets, a.k.a. projector transparencies; see: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Transparency_(projection).

Thanks for letting me know. They’d probably give me a weird look if I asked for acrylic. 😆😆

Suggested Topics

Axis & Allies Boardgaming Custom Painted Miniatures

Users

Topics

1.7m