• Dear community,

I am member of a five man circle which plays Axis & Allies only once a year, as we cannot find the time to do it more frequently. The excitment we feel about it comes close to a kid waiting for christmas.

To bring a little more culture to the group and help us create some memories, this year, I want to start a small table consisting of fun awards.

I imagine something like these hilarious office awards for “coffe spilling” or else, but game related ofc.

I would be glad if you could add some ideas to my current list:

Lucky Luke for best dice
    crazy ivan for high risk move
    out of the box for most innovative move
    scatterbrain for forgetfullness
    Fuhrer Award for ignoring council

I don’t think this makes any difference: We are playing A&A Revised with enhanced ruleset

Thank you very much for your help.

• '21 '20 '18 '17

You could make a “traveling trophy” (we used a participation medal I won in a 5K) that stays with the winner of the most recent game and must, like a wrestling belt, be defended or forfeit upon each new contest.

To make it even more fun (annoying), the trophy could grant special powers (must be worn, must be kowtowed to, must be kissed before rolling, pointing to the trophy ends all discussion and prompts rolling, wearer must get all beers from fridge etc…)

• @taamvan said in Fun Awards suggetions plz:

You could make a “traveling trophy” (we used a participation medal I won in a 5K) that stays with the winner of the most recent game and must, like a wrestling belt, be defended or forfeit upon each new contest.

Good idea. In the context of A&A, one ida for a suitable trophy would be a field marshall’s baton. Rommell had two of them: the large, heavy and gaudy official one which was presented to him when he was promoted, and smaller, lighter, more practical “informal” one which he carried around when he was traveling on business. I think Cornelius Ryan’s book The Longest Day mentions Rommell using the informal baton to point to things on the coastline of France on one occasion when he was inspecting beach defenses.

• Thank you for your great ideas! The only problem I see is, that the people need to share this traveling trophy thingy (3 guys if the allies win) and additionaly they won’t fight on the same side in the next year, which makes it even more complicated :D

• 2023 '22 '21 '20 '19 '18

@IshidO said in Fun Awards suggetions plz:

… and additionaly they won’t fight on the same side in the next year, which makes it even more complicated :D

I wouldn’t concern myself with that : ) Germany and Japan are friends now and Russia is the enemy. : ) Well, I guess it depends on where one’s at : )

• @IshidO said in Fun Awards suggetions plz:

Thank you for your great ideas! The only problem I see is, that the people need to share this traveling trophy thingy (3 guys if the allies win) and additionaly they won’t fight on the same side in the next year, which makes it even more complicated

I think you have two basic options for addressing this issue, and you could even use them in some sort of combination with each other. Option one is for every member of a winning team to get an individual baton, which they would get to keep until the outcome of their next game (regardless of which side they play) determines whether they get to keep it. This is roughly what happens with military unit citations: every member of the unit receives an individual decoration, in addition to the unit as a whole having the honour noted in its record. Option two (which can be used in conjunction with option one, rather than instead of it) would be for a single trophy to be awarded to the winning team, each of whose members would keep it for part of the time until the next game. This roughly the equivalent of what’s done with the Stanley Cup: there’s only one Stanley Cup, but I think that each team member gets to take it to his home town for a victory parade. The team trophy could perhaps be a flag rather than a field marshall’s baton; in fact, I think that some military unit citations include the element of a flag being added to the unit’s regimental (or whatever) colours. Batons, by contrast, are carried by individuals, so they’re more suitable for the Option one component.

I don’t think this makes any difference: We are playing A&A Revised with enhanced ruleset

Great rules set to play, might I add!

• @axis_roll

Thank you very much. I found them 3 years ago in some other forum I guess, you were also quite engaged into the topic as far as I remember :)

In november 2018 I wasn’t able to find them anymore online so I had to replug an old hard disk to retrieve them.

If anyone reading this is facing the same problem, feel free to msg me, I will provide this awesome ruleset with great pleasure!

tags: AARe Enhanced ver 5.01

@axis_roll

Thank you very much. I found them 3 years ago in some other forum I guess, you were also quite engaged into the topic as far as I remember :)

In november 2018 I wasn’t able to find them anymore online so I had to replug an old hard disk to retrieve them.

If anyone reading this is facing the same problem, feel free to msg me, I will provide this awesome ruleset with great pleasure!

tags: AARe Enhanced ver 5.01

Could you just post a link or file to these rules right here in this thread ?

• @SS-GEN

Sure! I’ll put the PDF file I created out of this ancient Forum post here.
    I think there was one update to that rules, which is not included in this file (But I am not 100% sure about it):
    Japan National advantage:
    3. Yamato Class Battleships - Your BBs attack, defend, and bombard on a 5.
    -Your 1st Battleship purchased costs 5IPC less.
    - All Your Battleships cost 1 IPC less

AARE Axis Allies Revised Enhanced_v 5.01.pdf

Suggested Topics

Axis & Allies Boardgaming Custom Painted Miniatures

Users

Topics

1.7m