19L axis-dominion vs majikforce (allies) bm3

• '22 '16

TripleA Turn Summary: French round 13

TripleA Turn Summary for game: World War II Global 1940 Balanced Mod3, version: 3.3

Game History

Round: 13

Purchase Units - ANZAC
            ANZAC buy 1 armour, 1 destroyer and 1 mech_infantry; Remaining resources: 1 PUs; 

Combat Move - ANZAC
            2 submarines moved from 54 Sea Zone to 44 Sea Zone
            1 destroyer moved from 62 Sea Zone to 55 Sea Zone
            2 destroyers and 2 submarines moved from 33 Sea Zone to 34 Sea Zone
            1 fighter moved from Caroline Islands to 34 Sea Zone
            2 fighters moved from Queensland to 34 Sea Zone
            1 infantry moved from Caroline Islands to 33 Sea Zone
            1 infantry and 1 transport moved from 33 Sea Zone to 19 Sea Zone
            1 infantry moved from 19 Sea Zone to Okinawa

Combat - ANZAC
            Battle in Okinawa
            Battle in 55 Sea Zone
                ANZAC attack with 1 destroyer
                Japanese defend with 1 submarine
                    ANZAC roll dice for 1 destroyer in 55 Sea Zone, round 2 : 1/1 hits, 0.33 expected hits
                    Japanese roll dice for 1 submarine in 55 Sea Zone, round 2 : 0/1 hits, 0.17 expected hits
                    1 submarine owned by the Japanese lost in 55 Sea Zone
                ANZAC win, taking Okinawa from Japanese with 1 destroyer remaining. Battle score for attacker is 6
                Casualties for Japanese: 1 submarine
            Battle in 44 Sea Zone
                ANZAC attack with 2 submarines
                Japanese defend with 1 destroyer and 1 transport
                    ANZAC roll dice for 2 submarines in 44 Sea Zone, round 2 : 1/2 hits, 0.67 expected hits
                    Japanese roll dice for 1 destroyer and 1 transport in 44 Sea Zone, round 2 : 0/1 hits, 0.33 expected hits
                    1 destroyer owned by the Japanese lost in 44 Sea Zone
                    1 transport owned by the Japanese lost in 44 Sea Zone
                    ANZAC roll dice for 2 submarines in 44 Sea Zone, round 3 : 1/2 hits, 0.67 expected hits
                ANZAC win, taking 44 Sea Zone from Japanese with 2 submarines remaining. Battle score for attacker is 15
                Casualties for Japanese: 1 destroyer and 1 transport
            Battle in 34 Sea Zone
                ANZAC attack with 2 destroyers, 3 fighters and 2 submarines
                Japanese defend with 2 battleships, 2 cruisers, 1 destroyer, 1 infantry and 1 transport
                    ANZAC roll dice for 2 submarines in 34 Sea Zone, round 2 : 2/2 hits, 0.67 expected hits
                    ANZAC roll dice for 2 destroyers and 3 fighters in 34 Sea Zone, round 2 : 2/5 hits, 2.17 expected hits
                    Japanese roll dice for 2 battleships, 2 cruisers, 1 destroyer and 1 transport in 34 Sea Zone, round 2 : 4/5 hits, 2.67 expected hits
                    2 destroyers owned by the ANZAC, 1 destroyer owned by the Japanese, 1 battleship owned by the Japanese, 2 submarines owned by the ANZAC and 2 cruisers owned by the Japanese lost in 34 Sea Zone
                    ANZAC roll dice for 3 fighters in 34 Sea Zone, round 3 : 1/3 hits, 1.50 expected hits
                    Japanese roll dice for 1 battleship and 1 transport in 34 Sea Zone, round 3 : 1/1 hits, 0.67 expected hits
                    1 fighter owned by the ANZAC and 1 battleship owned by the Japanese lost in 34 Sea Zone
                    1 infantry owned by the Japanese and 1 transport owned by the Japanese lost in 34 Sea Zone
                ANZAC win with 2 fighters remaining. Battle score for attacker is 44
                Casualties for ANZAC: 2 destroyers, 1 fighter and 2 submarines
                Casualties for Japanese: 2 battleships, 2 cruisers, 1 destroyer, 1 infantry and 1 transport

Non Combat Move - ANZAC
            2 fighters moved from 34 Sea Zone to Caroline Islands

Place Units - ANZAC
            1 armour and 1 mech_infantry placed in Queensland
            1 destroyer placed in 54 Sea Zone

Turn Complete - ANZAC
            ANZAC collect 11 PUs; end with 12 PUs
            Objective ANZAC 3 Pacific Supply Lines: ANZAC met a national objective for an additional 3 PUs; end with 15 PUs
            Objective ANZAC 2 Control Strategic Islands: ANZAC met a national objective for an additional 3 PUs; end with 18 PUs

Combat Move - French
            2 infantry moved from Libya to Tobruk
            2 infantry moved from Egypt to Trans-Jordan

Non Combat Move - French

Turn Complete - French

Combat Hit Differential Summary :

ANZAC : 2.00
    Japanese : 1.17

Savegame

• TripleA Turn Summary: Germans round 14

TripleA Turn Summary for game: World War II Global 1940 Balanced Mod3, version: 3.3

Game History

Round: 14

Research Technology - Germans

Purchase Units - Germans
            Germans buy 1 armour, 1 destroyer, 2 fighters, 6 infantry, 7 mech_infantrys and 1 submarine; Remaining resources: 1 PUs; 

Combat Move - Germans
            5 armour, 3 infantry and 5 mech_infantrys moved from Caucasus to Rostov
            8 armour and 10 mech_infantrys moved from Volgograd to Rostov
            2 armour and 7 mech_infantrys moved from Samara to Rostov
            1 infantry moved from Belarus to Bryansk
                  Germans take Bryansk from Russians
            1 armour and 11 mech_infantrys moved from Eastern Poland to Western Ukraine
            2 infantry moved from Archangel to Smolensk
            3 artilleries moved from Samara to Novosibirsk
            1 artillery and 2 infantry moved from Samara to Tambov
            1 mech_infantry moved from Archangel to Urals
                  Germans take Urals from Russians
            2 artilleries moved from Samara to Novosibirsk
            1 fighter moved from Samara to Tambov
            1 bomber moved from Archangel to Smolensk
            1 fighter moved from Archangel to Rostov
            2 fighters moved from 97 Sea Zone to Rostov
            2 artilleries moved from Samara to Novosibirsk
            1 mech_infantry moved from Archangel to Novosibirsk
            2 infantry moved from Normandy Bordeaux to Holland Belgium
            1 fighter moved from Western Germany to Holland Belgium
            1 tactical_bomber moved from 112 Sea Zone to Holland Belgium
            2 destroyers and 1 submarine moved from 112 Sea Zone to 110 Sea Zone
            2 carriers and 1 cruiser moved from 112 Sea Zone to 110 Sea Zone
            2 fighters moved from Western Germany to 110 Sea Zone
            1 infantry moved from Normandy Bordeaux to Holland Belgium
            1 bomber moved from Samara to Rostov
            1 artillery moved from Samara to Tambov
            1 fighter moved from Volgograd to Rostov

Combat - Germans
            Battle in Holland Belgium
                Germans attack with 1 fighter, 3 infantry and 1 tactical_bomber
                Americans defend with 1 infantry
                    Germans roll dice for 1 fighter, 3 infantry and 1 tactical_bomber in Holland Belgium, round 2 : 3/5 hits, 1.67 expected hits
                    Americans roll dice for 1 infantry in Holland Belgium, round 2 : 1/1 hits, 0.33 expected hits
                    1 infantry owned by the Germans and 1 infantry owned by the Americans lost in Holland Belgium
                Germans win, taking Holland Belgium from Americans with 1 fighter, 2 infantry and 1 tactical_bomber remaining. Battle score for attacker is 0
                Casualties for Germans: 1 infantry
                Casualties for Americans: 1 infantry
            Battle in Novosibirsk
                Germans attack with 7 artilleries and 1 mech_infantry
                Russians defend with 1 mech_infantry
                    Germans roll dice for 7 artilleries and 1 mech_infantry in Novosibirsk, round 2 : 3/8 hits, 2.67 expected hits
                    Russians roll dice for 1 mech_infantry in Novosibirsk, round 2 : 1/1 hits, 0.33 expected hits
                    1 mech_infantry owned by the Russians and 1 artillery owned by the Germans lost in Novosibirsk
                Germans win, taking Novosibirsk from Russians with 6 artilleries and 1 mech_infantry remaining. Battle score for attacker is 0
                Casualties for Germans: 1 artillery
                Casualties for Russians: 1 mech_infantry
            Battle in Western Ukraine
                Germans attack with 1 armour and 11 mech_infantrys
                Russians defend with 2 infantry
                    Germans roll dice for 1 armour and 11 mech_infantrys in Western Ukraine, round 2 : 3/12 hits, 2.33 expected hits
                    Russians roll dice for 2 infantry in Western Ukraine, round 2 : 0/2 hits, 0.67 expected hits
                    2 infantry owned by the Russians lost in Western Ukraine
                Germans win, taking Western Ukraine from Russians with 1 armour and 11 mech_infantrys remaining. Battle score for attacker is 6
                Casualties for Russians: 2 infantry
            Battle in Tambov
                Germans attack with 2 artilleries, 1 fighter and 2 infantry
                Russians defend with 1 artillery and 1 infantry
                    Germans roll dice for 2 artilleries, 1 fighter and 2 infantry in Tambov, round 2 : 5/5 hits, 1.83 expected hits
                    Russians roll dice for 1 artillery and 1 infantry in Tambov, round 2 : 1/2 hits, 0.67 expected hits
                    1 infantry owned by the Russians, 1 artillery owned by the Russians and 1 infantry owned by the Germans lost in Tambov
                Germans win, taking Tambov from Russians with 2 artilleries, 1 fighter and 1 infantry remaining. Battle score for attacker is 4
                Casualties for Russians: 1 artillery and 1 infantry
            Battle in 110 Sea Zone
                Germans attack with 2 carriers, 1 cruiser, 2 destroyers, 2 fighters and 1 submarine
                Americans defend with 1 destroyer and 1 transport
                    Germans roll dice for 1 submarine in 110 Sea Zone, round 2 : 1/1 hits, 0.33 expected hits
                    Germans roll dice for 2 carriers, 1 cruiser, 2 destroyers and 2 fighters in 110 Sea Zone, round 2 : 1/5 hits, 2.17 expected hits
                    Americans roll dice for 1 destroyer and 1 transport in 110 Sea Zone, round 2 : 0/1 hits, 0.33 expected hits
                    1 destroyer owned by the Americans and 1 transport owned by the Americans lost in 110 Sea Zone
                Germans win with 2 carriers, 1 cruiser, 2 destroyers, 2 fighters and 1 submarine remaining. Battle score for attacker is 15
                Casualties for Americans: 1 destroyer and 1 transport
            Battle in Smolensk
                Germans attack with 1 bomber and 2 infantry
                Russians defend with 1 infantry
                    Germans roll dice for 1 bomber and 2 infantry in Smolensk, round 2 : 1/3 hits, 1.00 expected hits
                    Russians roll dice for 1 infantry in Smolensk, round 2 : 1/1 hits, 0.33 expected hits
                    1 infantry owned by the Russians and 1 infantry owned by the Germans lost in Smolensk
                Germans win, taking Smolensk from Russians with 1 bomber and 1 infantry remaining. Battle score for attacker is 0
                Casualties for Russians: 1 infantry
            Battle in Rostov
                Germans attack with 15 armour, 1 bomber, 4 fighters, 3 infantry and 22 mech_infantrys
                Russians defend with 1 aaGun, 15 artilleries and 15 infantry
                    AA fire in Rostov : 1/3 hits, 0.50 expected hits
                    1 fighter owned by the Germans lost in Rostov
                    Germans roll dice for 15 armour, 1 bomber, 3 fighters, 3 infantry and 22 mech_infantrys in Rostov, round 2 : 16/44 hits, 13.83 expected hits
                    Russians roll dice for 1 aaGun, 15 artilleries and 15 infantry in Rostov, round 2 : 6/30 hits, 10.00 expected hits
                    15 infantry owned by the Russians, 3 infantry owned by the Germans, 1 aaGun owned by the Russians and 3 mech_infantrys owned by the Germans lost in Rostov
                    Germans roll dice for 15 armour, 1 bomber, 3 fighters and 19 mech_infantrys in Rostov, round 3 : 19/38 hits, 12.83 expected hits
                    Russians roll dice for 15 artilleries in Rostov, round 3 : 3/15 hits, 5.00 expected hits
                    15 artilleries owned by the Russians and 3 mech_infantrys owned by the Germans lost in Rostov
                Germans win, taking Rostov from Russians with 15 armour, 1 bomber, 3 fighters and 16 mech_infantrys remaining. Battle score for attacker is 67
                Casualties for Germans: 1 fighter, 3 infantry and 6 mech_infantrys
                Casualties for Russians: 1 aaGun, 15 artilleries and 15 infantry

Non Combat Move - Germans
            1 aaGun moved from Samara to Novosibirsk
            1 aaGun moved from Samara to Tambov
            3 artilleries moved from Samara to Volgograd
            1 infantry moved from Vologda to Samara
            1 mech_infantry moved from Archangel to Belarus
            1 mech_infantry moved from Novgorod to Belarus
            1 artillery and 3 infantry moved from Novgorod to Archangel
            1 fighter moved from Rostov to Volgograd
            1 fighter moved from Rostov to Novgorod
            1 fighter moved from Rostov to Ukraine
            1 aaGun moved from Caucasus to Rostov
            1 bomber moved from Rostov to Volgograd
            1 tactical_bomber moved from Holland Belgium to 110 Sea Zone
            1 fighter moved from Holland Belgium to 110 Sea Zone
            1 artillery and 1 infantry moved from Norway to 112 Sea Zone
            1 artillery, 1 infantry and 1 transport moved from 112 Sea Zone to 110 Sea Zone
            3 mech_infantrys moved from Yugoslavia to Bessarabia
            1 fighter moved from Southern Italy to 97 Sea Zone
            5 mech_infantrys moved from Germany to Romania
            1 mech_infantry moved from Sikang to Novosibirsk
            1 bomber moved from Smolensk to Novgorod
            1 fighter moved from Tambov to Ukraine

Place Units - Germans
            Turning on Edit Mode
            EDIT: Removing units owned by Americans from 93 Sea Zone: 1 transport
            EDIT: Turning off Edit Mode
            2 fighters placed in 97 Sea Zone
            1 destroyer placed in 97 Sea Zone
            1 submarine placed in 110 Sea Zone
            3 infantry placed in Volgograd
            3 infantry placed in Novgorod
            1 armour and 7 mech_infantrys placed in Germany

Turn Complete - Germans
            Germans collect 66 PUs; end with 67 PUs
            Trigger Germans 5 Swedish Iron Ore: Germans met a national objective for an additional 5 PUs; end with 72 PUs
            Objective Germans 7 Control of Balkans: Germans met a national objective for an additional 2 PUs; end with 74 PUs
            Objective Germans 3 Control Caucasus: Germans met a national objective for an additional 5 PUs; end with 79 PUs
            Objective Germans 2 Control Novgorod Or Volgograd Or Russia: Germans met a national objective for an additional 10 PUs; end with 89 PUs

Combat Hit Differential Summary :

Germans : 13.33
    AA fire in Rostov : : 0.50
    Americans : 0.33
    Russians : -5.00

Savegame

• @axis-dominion GG I’m gonna concede this one. I probably had better options for the allies this turn, but I just couldn’t see a path to change the tides. I did get a little diced in Rostov but you still had me. I liked your patient pace with Germany taking the really long way around Lol! I don’t think I was effective enough with the US. I spent alot on Egypt, but so did you but I couldn’t capitalize on it against Germany. I’d be interested to hear your thoughts on how you would have proceeded once Egypt was back in allied hands?

• '19 '17 '16

Had a bit of a look at this one. Good to see different strategies being used! G4 & UK2 DOW. Taranto AND Tobruk.

Confused by that last USSR move into Rostov. Didn’t that just place units into danger? Do you think you lost the game right there? USSR wasn’t likely to fall next turn but the writing may have been on the wall after losing 30 units.

As for doing something different, could you have put more effort into taking back the Caucasus with UK? I guess that was only really at the end but the game was pretty closely matched. Was the UK2 DOW worth it? That also led the USSR DOW on Japan and nullifying the Mongolian rule. Anyway, just my 2c if you’re interested.

• '22 '16

@simon33 said in 19L axis-dominion vs majikforce (allies) bm3:

Had a bit of a look at this one. Good to see different strategies being used! G4 & UK2 DOW. Taranto AND Tobruk.

Confused by that last USSR move into Rostov. Didn’t that just place units into danger? Do you think you lost the game right there? USSR wasn’t likely to fall next turn but the writing may have been on the wall after losing 30 units.

As for doing something different, could you have put more effort into taking back the Caucasus with UK? I guess that was only really at the end but the game was pretty closely matched. Was the UK2 DOW worth it? That also led the USSR DOW on Japan and nullifying the Mongolian rule. Anyway, just my 2c if you’re interested.

Thanks for the feedback Simon. As for the last Allied turn I guess I had already made up my mind that I didn’t see a path to victory so I wanted to see what AD would do when presented with two large targets in Russia. Their turn wasn’t optimized to continue. Hence the US naval battle in the pacific. I worked so hard to liberate Egypt and once I did I wasn’t in the position I thought I would be. I underestimated the German stack and Italys ability to keep it alive. He spent alot of early money on planes which I killed in Egypt. I thought that would give me a unit advantage in Russia and the middle east. But the US was not able to dent Germany at all. And well Japan was a pretty strong naval force.

• great game majik!

phew! this is one of those matches I thought I was gonna lose, to be totally honest lol I don’t think you really knew just how strong your Russian advantage was once Egypt fell, or even before it did. I noticed you were still playing defensively with them, and let me get away with continuing to defend Egypt with German planes for as long as I did.

but even without a more aggressive russia, I felt you still had strong chances. yes I think you weren’t as effective with the US, as it seems like you were throwing away units left and right (eg ships in the pac and tps in the med and Atlantic). I felt you were being wasteful at times, but interestingly enough, it was slowing the axis down as well. so perhaps it wasn’t so wasteful but more a part of your larger strategy to keep the axis distracted with smaller material gains here and there, so as to keep them from pursuing the larger goals and thrusts. idk … for sure an interesting play style/strategy to say the least, probably one of the more unique ones I’ve seen (similar to bjergmose, a was a former league player).

well, to answer your question: once Egypt fell, I would’ve concentrated on smashing the axis ships and completely conquering the med. there’s a lot of money locked up in there. and then possibly go for infiltrating through greece. but that’s just one potential option.

• we should rematch. let me know if you’re down.

• @axis-dominion Thanks for the feedback. Good to know I had you questioning yourself:relaxed: Maybe I threw in the towel too early. I usually fight till the last minute. But I was struggling to see my advantage and a way to make it stick. Maybe I’ll go back and look at Russia again. (Usually I’m over aggressive with them) I’d be down for another. Switch sides? Or same? I fine with either.

• @majikforce if you want, I can go axis again. give you another chance to redeem your allies ;)

• @axis-dominion said in 19L axis-dominion vs majikforce (allies) bm3:

@majikforce if you want, I can go axis again. give you another chance to redeem your allies ;)

LOL! Let’s see if I qualify as insane. Doing the same thing over again expecting a different result. I’m down! Fire it up!

Suggested Topics

Axis & Allies Boardgaming Custom Painted Miniatures

Users

Topics

1.7m