AARHE: Phase 3: Revised NA's

• like Japan, Italy buys Infantry at Capital for 2 IPC each already
    so it would also be the “3 INF for 5 IPC” deal instead

having said that, I think 2 IPC INF is pretty cheap already

Germany’s “once per turn per IC” could be changed as Italy takes one IC.
    US’s “once per turn per IC” could be changed as it would be funny with captured ICs…say in East Indices.

Germany (VII Submarine) = Once per turn, up to 2 SS can be purchased and placed in Germany for 6 IPC each provided no surface naval units are purchased there.

US (Essex Carrier) = Once per turn, 1 CV can be purchased and placed in Eastern United States or Western United States for 14 IPC.

• Ok, so what will we decide? INF or ART for Italy, or both not? IF 2 IPC is to cheap, then not only Italy but also Japan needs to be adjusted. Not?

• BTW we need to finish Italy’s NA’s, so we can move to the next country and finish all the NA’s.

• could we consider battleships?
    cheapaer battleship?
    Italy only has 12 IPC income though

Battleships
    United States = 8
    United Kingdom = 5
    Italy = 3
    Japan = 2
    Germany = 2

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Military_production_during_World_War_II

• Battleships are allready 20 IPC… any cheaper and they will be too effective for the price.

Italy is poor. 12 IPC is decent. If they need more they better do a good job and earn it in the game.

Also, goto harrisgamedesign.com

A discussion of a Delux version of Axis and Allies is going on because Larry harris has decided to make it. I need your suggestions and influence

• Yes, I thought of the battleships also, but indeed they only have 12 IPC income… So not an option I think. We must think of something creative for this small power.

• I just had a look at harrisdesign.
    Its just starting up. (Axis and Allies Deluxe)

There is just one “rules” thread.
    The rest is commerical. (Wooden dices? Pretty map? How much willing to pay?)

Larry hasn’t defined the scope yet.
    There is little reason to think Larry wants a massive rework of the rules.

I see the AARe guys there already though.

• Read larrys posts and youll have a better picture of what he wants.

He has allready said a number of things about which new units he wants along with some rule changes.

Id plug some of our ideas to make sure the path of these new rules follows history.

• Oh ok now…what unit shall Italiy have

there isn’t many to choose from

INF Infantry
    ART Artillery
    ARM Tank
    FTR Fighter
    BMR Bomber
    BB Battleship
    CV Aircraft Carrier
    AP Transport
    SS Submarine
    DD Destroyer

I guess we have to go back to cheap artillery

• Yes, go for the ART proposal. But I can also see 1 AP for 6 IPC each turn. To represent the ability of Italy to raise millions of man in Africa fast.

• Yeah we could do AP (transport) too.
    Many months ago we actually considered giving cheap AP to US. Liberty class.
    But then we settled for cheap CV (carrier). Essex class.

• I dont see transports as italys ‘great’ contribution for large quantities of stuff during the war.

whats wrong with Infantry 2 for 5 bucks?

of cheaper naval units -2 on cost for one ship per turn?

• Like Tekky already told on the previous page. Italy has already the ability to purchase INF for 2IPC at their capital. So it would be 3 INF for 5 IPC. Isn’t that to much for Italy? Maybe 2 IPC discount on Navy vessels is indeed the way to go. They did, try to compete with France and Britain just before the war, to controll the Mediterranean…

• Ok so its :

once per turn, the italian player can build one ship that will cost 2 IPC less that the original cost.

Ill go with that. The Italian navy was probably their great contribution in the war. Too bad they didnt really use it in the war…due largely to no oil avalible.

• @Imperious:

Ill go with that. The Italian navy was probably their great contribution in the war. Too bad they didnt really use it in the war…due largely to no oil avalible.

I never really got it, why they didn’t use it more in the early days of the war, going straight for the British fleet in Alexandria. instead of letting the Royal Navy take the initiative… with that fairey swordfish attack on Taranto…

• No oil… they never did anything because italy didnt want to attack the suez in mid 1940 with 300,000 men against 30,000 british at the egypt border. The oil would have bought them a ticket for the navy to set sail outside the medd.

• Ok there it is. 2 IPC less. Is it all naval units or surface vessels?

• yes but only one discount per turn.

you buy 2 transports at the same time but only one that turn is costing 6.

• Italy (Regia Marina Italiana)
    Once per turn, you may purchase and place one naval unit in Italy for 2 IPC less than cost.

• thats it. i was hoping you would use that name. Lets have the most current rules posted please (after all recent changes)

Now do we have anything left for Italy and her NA’s any changes?

Suggested Topics

Axis & Allies Boardgaming Custom Painted Miniatures

Users

Topics

1.7m