AARHE: Phase 3: Revised NA's

• About Scorched earth: I don’t think you should loose All the IPC’s from the territory. One IPC per territory would be enough for me. Sure, they did burn a few barns and destroy a bridge now and then but they didn’t just wipe cities off the map, right?

idea: after the german player has commited his attacks… the Soviet player declares a “Soviet Winter” all russians defend at +1 all Germans attack at -1 ( infantry do nothing)

I don’t see how Stalin would be able to declare a severe winter. Let’s make it random, shall we? When the german player has completed his combat movement sequence, and before conduct combat, the russian player may roll a die for severe winter. IE: on a roll of 1-3 a severe winter strikes and ennemy units attack and defend at -1. On a roll of 4-6 nothing happens…

• @DasReich:

Sure, they did burn a few barns and destroy a bridge now and then but they didn’t just wipe cities off the map, right?

Firstly scorched earth is used by all power in one form or another in the war. Its a very old military tactic.
    USSR happened to be most remembered for its use in WWII.
    I do recall cities razed to the ground.

But yes you have a point. We’ll justify income being 0 by the cost of fixing basic things foir your troops since you are establishing control there.
    Also realistically the damage should be permanent or last several rounds…but forget that.

I don’t see how Stalin would be able to declare a severe winter. Let’s make it random, shall we?

Yeah. We too have been thinking about making it random.
    So I think Imperious Leader only means to sugguest the new effects.

• yes it was only a suggestion:

“IE: on a roll of 1-3 a severe winter strikes and ennemy units attack and defend at -1. On a roll of 4-6 nothing happens…”

and yes it should be random… the only mandatory idea is the germans cant have forknowledge of it before they make committed attacks… they need to get stuck and feel the result. I like the idea that each turn you roll after axis have made combat movement… but i dont like the % a severe winter should be like a 1.

• and yes it should be random…. the only mandatory idea is the germans cant have forknowledge of it before they make committed attacks… they need to get stuck and feel the result.

with the new round sequence Germany goes after USSR on round 2 and onwards

should the Russian Winter just not happen on round 1…or should it include a special rule for round 1…

• That would depend on the time structure we impose… the games is said to start in spring 41 so i suspect no winter rule for 1-2 turns latter ( turn 3?)

• just 1 round, for the “4-6 months” per round model

prefect, don’t have to worry about round 1

• I would see the russian player roll for a severe winter on R2. And on 1-3 severe winter strikes, on a roll of 4-6 hothing happens.

• ok but it has to be a surprise any turn after turn G1… so as not to give germany any knowledge so it basically does not attack for one round… they have to feel the pain of winter fighting to have any real effect.

• Well the game sequence is like this currently.

Round 1
    R1
    G1,J1
    UK1,US1

Round 2
    G1, J1
    R1, UK1, US1

Forget Round 1 since its Spring.
    Maybe Round 2, 4, 6, 8, etc…if Axis invades the affected territories…USSR rolls at 50% chance severe winter.

• Yes but substitude rounds for turns

• So now I come back to this, after discussion the time model in the other thread.
    It seems we are at 1 turn = 6 months, 1 round = 12 months.

So basically every turn Russia would get to roll for a Russian winter as Germany/Japan attacks the relevent territories and Russian units are defending them.

Well, we are putting in no-US-or-UK forces landing in Russian territory in phase 2 anyway.

• ok fine

• Axis & Allies
    National Advantages

1. United States
    ––Island Bases (pg 38, Operations Manual)
    ----Chinese Divisions (pg 38)
    ----Marines (pg 38)
    ----Mechanized Infantry (pg 38)
    ----Paratroopers: Your bombers may act as transports; they may load, carry, and drop up to two infantry. You must declare during your combat move phase that your bomber is doing a paradrop. They don’t need to land afterwards; you can choose to destroy them. When dropping units, bombers can’t attack. Hostile antiaircraft guns roll one die for each bomber doing a paradrop and each unit being dropped. You may not paradrop during your noncombat move phase.
    ----Filipino Guerillas: Once per game, if any power on your side captures the Philippine Islands, you may put three of your infantry there for free.

2. United Kingdom
    ----Radar (pg 37)
    ----Joint Strike (pg 37)
    ----Enigma Decoded (pg 37)
    ----Mideast Oil (pg 37)
    ----Allied Resistance: Once per game, if any power on your side captures Western Europe, Eastern Europe, and/or Norway, you may put two of your infantry there for free (those units represent either the Free French in West Europe, the Polish Home Army in East Europe, or the Norwegian Underground in Norway).
    ----Colonial Garrison (pg 37)

3. Soviet Union
    ----Russian Winter (pg 35)
    ----Nonaggression Treaty (pg 35)
    ----Salvage (pg 35)
    ----Trans-Siberian Railway (pg 36)
    ----Conscription: During your purchase units phase, you get 2 infantry for free.
    ----Red Guard: Once per game, if your capital gets attacked (not including strategic bombing raids), you may place one infantry there for each industrial complex you control before the conduct combat phase.

4. Germany
    ----U-Boat Interdiction (pg 36)
    ----Atlantic Wall: During any amphibious assault against Western Europe or Norway, all your infantry there defend on a 3 during the first cycle of combat.
    ----Wolf Packs (pg 36)
    ----Waffen-SS: Your infantry attack on a 2 during the first cycle of combat.
    ----Panzergrenadier (see Mechanized Infantry)
    ----Blitzkrieg Tactics: When paired with a bomber, your tanks attack on a 4.

5. Japan
    ----Tokyo Express (pg 37)
    ----Kamikaze Attacks (pg 37)
    ----Banzai Attacks (pg 38)
    ----Imperial Guard: Once per game, if your capital gets attacked (not including strategic bombing raids), you may put two infantry there before the conduct combat phase.
    ----Mounted Infantry: Your infantry may move 2 spaces. However, they may not blitz (see pg 13, Tanks and Blitzing).
    ----Guerrilla Tactics: Your attacking infantry and tanks may fire at the opening fire step during the first cycle of combat.

6. Italy (optional)
    ----Gustav Line: During any amphibious assault against Southern Europe, all your infantry there defend on a 3 during the first cycle of combat.
    ----Mountainous Terrain: Units can’t blitz when passing through Southern Europe.
    ----Elevated Ground: All your artillery in Southern Europe and the Balkans defend on a 3.
    ----Blackshirts: Once per game, if your capital gets attacked (not including strategic bombing raids), you may put two infantry there before the conduct combat phase.
    ----Frogmen: During your combat move phase, your infantry may jump into a sea zone and attack naval units. They have to be picked up by a transport during your noncombat move phase or else they drown.
    ----Rome-Berlin Pact: Once per game, you may skip your combat move phase and conduct combat phase. During the German player’s turn, he/she may move all your pieces during his combat move phase and conduct combat phase.

What do you guys think?

• Ok since Mr. Andersson has not bothered to come back to the fold…. Your now in charge of NA’s… we need 10 NA’s for each player and 10 for italy ( italy will be an optional player)…

That list is good except a few things:

waffen SS… all your infantry attacks at 2? you sure?  remember SS panzer will be a new unit ( black painted tanks).

Salvage allways seemed to be a problem to me due in large part that a tank unit represents a corps/ army sized formation and no side had ever been able to repair that many enemy tanks during the war. perhaps a division worth but not more.

• Sure. All the current NA’s are on pg 1 right?

• no ill post what we got… you will have to decide what works best under playtest conditions. ill post.

• no ill post what we got… you will have to decide what works best under playtest conditions. ill post.

check this section:

http://www.axisandallies.org/forums/index.php?topic=6385.0

• I’ll save it on Microsoft Word and edit as necessary. Commonwealth Divisions is included right

• Were any American troops actually fighting in China?

With Chinese Division NA we might need to remove the 2 US VCs in China…

At the moment we have 2 US VCs in China to model persuading one of the many Chinese divisions to do something.

• Were any American troops actually fighting in China?

flying tigers thats it… no land forces

With Chinese Division NA we might need to remove the 2 US VCs in China…

++++ have to look into this

At the moment we have 2 US VCs in China to model persuading one of the many Chinese divisions to do something.

+++ perhaps china needs to be more independant rather than tied to US VC conditions. not sure

Suggested Topics

Axis & Allies Boardgaming Custom Painted Miniatures

Users

Topics

1.7m