• Now as for the worst defeat I’ve ever had. I launched an attack against Germany with USSR with a 80% and had to retreat because it was getting embarrassing. I was angry as hell but some times the Dice just piss all over you. I’ve never seen so many 6’s that battle.

• '21 '20 '18 '17

@djensen

In the same tournament the previous year same game, we got 2 retals total from all the Axis shots (20+?) on the first round, and the game was effectively over after Japan’s first turn. Luck matters, alot. Tempo does too, if you’re winning.

• '21 '20 '18 '17

But the worst defeat was in 2016–I as Japan attacked the last Chinese territory with most of my remaining mobile air force (8-10 planes plus a few cannon fodder units)

and with nearly 25 people watching the last game of the tourney, lost 6 planes, completely failing to kill the holdout territory. Still won the game, however.

• I once lost russia in axis anniversary when I had about 50 units with average strength of about 2.3, while the german attacked with about 30 infs, 5 tanks and 5 planes. He rolled 25 hits in the first combat round, while i rolled about 15, then he rolled 15 hits and I rolled 10. So russia fell.

• 2024 2023 '22 '21 '20 '19 '18

Not my bad luck and not G40, but at a Revised Tournament I once took 9 INF/ART/2 TANK to strafe a German stack of 4 INF/7 TANK (I just wanted to kill 3-4 INF and retreat to West Russia to link up with my reinforcements, to deter the Germans for another turn and buy time).

I ended up winning the battle and only losing 4 INF because my opponent’s rolls were simply atrocious. Opponent conceded the game soon afterwards because that battle completely turned the tide of the game.

Later in that same tournament I got diced in the R1 Ukraine attack (4 INF/ART/2 TANK/2 FTR Vs. 3 INF/ART/TANK/FTR), lost everything but a tank and the planes and only killed the INF (one round of combat. Yes, every German die hit.). Not a good way to be sent packing.

• Two days ago in my first solo G40 game, the Russians lost Amur on J1 while scoring exactly one hit over two rounds of combat (including all 6 AA rolls), defending with 12inf 2aa in round 1 and 5inf round 2. Japan lost a single infantry in exchange for 46 IPC TUV of Siberian conscripts.

The odds of rolling only a single two or less on 17 dice and no ones on 6 more dice is (2/3)^16 x 1/3 x (5/6)^6 = 0.0006 or <1/1600.

• 2024 2023 '22 '21 '18 Customizer

This post is deleted!

• Last weekend G40 game

Battle of Moscow G7

Germany scored maybe 25% hits, won’t have been much more
    Russia scored just over 50% hits (exactly 50% on 2s, and all but one of 3s and 4s including UK FTRs)

Russia was thus safe for the foreseeable future, buying time for US/UK to build their invasion fleet. To think that Russian AAAs only downed one plane. Axis conceded when a Japanese attack on the US Pacific fleet also went badly.

• @8thGuards Some days you weren’t meant to win! I’ve had moscow go like that, but come back to win, but i didn’t have the pacific follow up debacle :s

• '20 '19 '18

In a recent live G40 game, I (as the US) attacked the Japanese fleet in SZ 6 with the following:
    2 FTR, 2 TAC, 10 STR

Rolled this in the first round:
    FTR = 1 hit
    TAC = 0 hits
    STR = 0 hits

Pro Tip: After you soak the dice in lighter fluid, scrub your hands thoroughly with soap before striking the match. :skull_and_crossbones: :skull_and_crossbones: :skull_and_crossbones:

• @The-Pripet-Martian my gosh thats some of the worst rolling i’ve ever seen…

Suggested Topics

Axis & Allies Boardgaming Custom Painted Miniatures

Users

Topics

1.7m