Looking for G40 2nd Ed., or a set of all of the unique units therefrom

• 2024 2023 '22 '21 '18 Customizer

UPDATE #1: I found a copy of Pacific in the price range I was looking for ($45). Only Europe remains…
    UPDATE #2: Found a copy of Europe- that’s a wrap!

Not that I necessarily expect this to be an easy find on this forum, but I’m looking to buy Europe G40 2nd Ed., either the full game or at least a set of the unique units Are there any of you guys with multiple copies looking to offload? Please send me a PM or reply if interested.

Thanks for looking!

• Sponsor

Hey Vodot, I don’t have anything to sell since I gave a lot of my stuff to Sam Kenny… looks like you’re trying to pimp out your anniversary edition. If you strike out here… try getting your stuff over at HBG.

• Re: Looking for a G40.2 set or all of the unique units
    For what you want (everything that makes the 1940s games the 1940s games in the first place: mech inf, tac bombers, France, ANZAC, etc…), HBG will be pricy. You aren’t the first person to have this idea. So let me give you some places to look that might be off your radar: Amazon - normally pricy, but now is the time for sales. eBay - a bit of a crap shoot, but bargains to be had. And not just buying game sets - people part out Axis & Allies games all the time on eBay, so with patience and luck you might find just the pieces you want without paying for extras.

Finally, I suggest you look on BoardGameGeek (BGG). Look up Europe 1940 and Pacific 1940, either directly on their marketplace or look up the games and then see if they have one for sale at a price you like. With time and luck, you could walk away with with a set of the second editions for both Europe 1940 and Pacific 1940 for less than $100 for the both.

I wish you all the luck and patience in the world. But: good, fast, cheap - pick two. In this case: cheap, fast, convenient - pick two.

-Midnight_Reaper

P.S. If you run into issues with BGG, send me a PM and I’ll see if I can help.

• @Midnight_Reaper said in Looking for a G40.2 set or all of the unique units:

Re: Looking for a G40.2 set or all of the unique units
    For what you want (everything that makes the 1940s games the 1940s games in the first place: mech inf, tac bombers, France, ANZAC, etc…), HBG will be pricy. You aren’t the first person to have this idea. So let me give you some places to look that might be off your radar: Amazon - normally pricy, but now is the time for sales. eBay - a bit of a crap shoot, but bargains to be had. And not just buying game sets - people part out Axis & Allies games all the time on eBay, so with patience and luck you might find just the pieces you want without paying for extras.

Finally, I suggest you look on BoardGameGeek (BGG). Look up Europe 1940 and Pacific 1940, either directly on their marketplace or look up the games and then see if they have one for sale at a price you like. With time and luck, you could walk away with with a set of the second editions for both Europe 1940 and Pacific 1940 for less than $100 for the both.

I wish you all the luck and patience in the world. But: good, fast, cheap - pick two. In this case: cheap, fast, convenient - pick two.

-Midnight_Reaper

P.S. If you run into issues with BGG, send me a PM and I’ll see if I can help.

Thanks, this is great advice- and I may or may not already have the BGG Marketplaces for both games bookmarked… ;) HBG for the Mech Inf and Tacs is easy and cheap enough, for the most part, although there are some stock issues and price oddities; but the cost of a full ANZAC or French military is prohibitive for me.

@Young-Grasshopper said in Looking for a G40.2 set or all of the unique units:

…looks like you’re trying to pimp out your anniversary edition.

That’s exactly what I’m trying to do! I’d like to have the G40 games as well, if only for solo play- my lifestyle doesn’t lend itself well to >5hr games at the moment. :)

• If you are looking for unique pieces from the A&A 1940s games, do note the Europe 1940, SE comes with a different Arty and Transport piece for Russia that don’t come with any other game. Why only in Europe 1940, SE, and not in 1942, SE? I don’t know. Mind you, the game plays just fine with US Arty and Transport pieces in Soviet maroon. It’s really only something that collectors and piece junkies to worry about.

-Midnight_Reaper

• @Midnight_Reaper haha, I knew there would be some oddities like that- No, I’m not a sculpt junkie. US/Commonwealth units masquerading as Russian don’t bother me. The Japanese Italians don’t even bother me, except the type 92 artillery; and only because I think it is the puniest artillery sculpt in the whole A&A universe (except, of course, it’s undeployed version in Revised).

Update: I found a copy of Pacific for $45 (shipped!)… my empire is now nearly complete…

That’s a wrap- 15% ebay coupon today (PLAYTIME15, all) lands me Europe. Thanks all, @djensen you can lock this thread.

Suggested Topics

Axis & Allies Boardgaming Custom Painted Miniatures

Users

Topics

1.7m