• 2021 '20 '19 '18

@argothair said in We need an allied playbook.:

for the sheer amusement value

LOL 😂 😂 😂

• 2021 '20 '19 '18 '17 '16

@marshmallowofwar If you don’t do Taranto, how do you stop Italy from taking Egypt? Not saying it can’t be done, but you do have to do something, and I’m curious what that is. Especially with a factory placed in Egypt on UK1, it starts to get tempting for Germany to send a large air force toward Tobruk/Alexandria to try to do an all-air attack against some of the British units and weaken them enough that Italy can seize the factory.

Also, are you doing Gibastion? If not, where are you stacking the British Med fleet, and how do you stop the Luftwaffe from killing it?

• '19 '17 '16

One thing I tried the other day, albeit in a path to victory game is putting 3 units into Sudan UK1. This way, the Ethiopians don’t have very good odds to attack without sacrificing the bomber. Although if the DD had hit off Malta and there hadn’t been the scramble from CVs to land, this strategy would be a bit marginal.

• @argothair thanks for the considerations. It is indeed not a game winning move but keeps the fun in it.

Funny you Mention Wake bc that was my starting point from which i came to Samoa.
    I´ve done that a few times.
    US1 you can gather your entire pacific fleet and fighters (incl the ones in Philip) and the Anzac cruiser (no anzac fighters allowed).
    The big problem is yes you can get to Sz6 easily but Sz6 is often a trap bc Japan can throw everything to attack you there.
    It can idd be a start for an island hopping strategy towards the mainland (killen Jap factories).

• @argothair attack Fleet around Malta with cruiser and fighter and put DD around Greece so the italian fleet can´’t reach egypt. Send UK fihters of Londen via West Afrika to Egypt (UK2 you can have 5 fighters there).

• 2022 '19 '18

@argothair Yeah, I have a video on a Wake Island naval base on my youtube channel.

• 2022 '19 '18

@cornwallis said in We need an allied playbook.:

@argothair thanks for the considerations. It is indeed not a game winning move but keeps the fun in it.

Funny you Mention Wake bc that was my starting point from which i came to Samoa.
    I´ve done that a few times.
    US1 you can gather your entire pacific fleet and fighters (incl the ones in Philip) and the Anzac cruiser (no anzac fighters allowed).
    The big problem is yes you can get to Sz6 easily but Sz6 is often a trap bc Japan can throw everything to attack you there.
    It can idd be a start for an island hopping strategy towards the mainland (killen Jap factories).

Wake Island might not be a move for island hopping or even pulling the trigger on sz6, but it does 1. project power. from which you can gather more power. 2. make the Japanese hesitate on going into the Indian ocean. 3. pin some forces to sz 6.

Suggested Topics

I Will Never Grow Up Games
Axis & Allies Boardgaming Custom Painted Miniatures
Dean's Army Guys

Users

Topics

1.6m