• '15 '14

@Panther Excellent, thanks a lot.

I have to admit, the new forum is hard to digest. I am well aware that one always tends to nag about changes in forum software, but there are some things that are really annoying, mostly the turn history which is now in an own window. Next to the goofy coloring, the biggest issue is the fact that one has to scroll horizontally, which is really annoying.

Before one could nicely try to follow the history, not it’S painful.

Is there any way to revert to the old style or at least to get rid of the need to scroll horizontally?

One more question: What is the purpose of the preview mode? It feels odd to have such a small window to write something on the left side.

• '19 '17 '16

@JapanDOWRound1Fan said in League General Discussion Thread:

Is there any way to revert to the old style or at least to get rid of the need to scroll horizontally?

I think that would require some sort of code change. So a new Triple-A version. Unless @djensen knows something. The problem is that the new “markdown” style of highlighting is activated when the old style “BBCode” was not triggered accidentally so easily.

One more question: What is the purpose of the preview mode? It feels odd to have such a small window to write something on the left side.

Not sure but there is a “HIDE PREVIEW” button in the top of the panel.

• @JapanDOWRound1Fan Thank you for your feedback.

Regarding “Look and Feel” you might want to take a look at our “Tips and Tricks”
    https://www.axisandallies.org/forums/topic/32443/tips-and-tricks-nodebb/7
    and other topics in this category. You have some influence on the color scheme and other settings.

Concerning the game threads I assume that @simon33 might be correct.
    It is the same style as used on forums.triplea-game.org.

Now to the “Preview Mode”:

As you can see the left side consists of text only. You won’t see any

markdown styling features

or hyperlinks or images when creating your message in the text-box.

So the preview allows for controlling “real time” if everything you entered will be displayed correctly.
    Personally, I do love this feature when creating all those postings that contain images or animations or links or some styled text.

As @simon33 mentioned you can hide the preview:
    0_1542872901144_hide.PNG

• '19 '18

I agree with @JapanDOWRound1Fan . The need to scroll horizontally in the history summary really is annoying.

• '15 '14

@simon33 @Panther
    Thanks a lot for the input and further clarification!

Best,
    Tobias

• Founder TripleA Admin

The game history formatting is a feature of TripleA. To change it, you’ll have to convince @redrum and @RoiEX and the other TripleA developers. On one hand I agree that hoizontal scrolling is bad. On the other hand I like the more compact format.

• TripleA

@djensen I took a quick look and I think the Markdown plugin settings can be changed for code blocks. If you turn off or change the CSS then I think it’ll display differently. Here is a screenshot of the settings:
    0_1543272026799_588527a8-2759-4171-9002-240743198804-image.png

If this doesn’t work well then we can consider changing the TripleA post to trick nodeBB into not formatting it as code blocks.

• Founder TripleA Admin

This setting didn’t seem to work.

This shouldn't look like this.

Suggested Topics

Axis & Allies Boardgaming Custom Painted Miniatures

Users

Topics

1.7m