• I like the historical repetitivness of your plan but I must tell you the Russians are stupid to attack anything, they are simply better defending, they should only be attacking the smallest German attack and that is Finlands.

I have seen this happen before, Germany goes anywhere down south and then th Russian destroys the German penetration in the South but Russia looses many forces as Russia is mainly a army of infantry attacking “AT 1”, it may have a few tanks and airplanes but not enough to prevent major loses. The idea of the Russian player is NOT to do MAJOR Counter-attacks (minor counter-attacks are fine) but to take the advantage of having lots of infantry that are best in defense.

• You don’t understand. By destroying a German army in the south the Russians eliminate most of Germanys offesive forces, and I assure you that by the time this happens the Russians can have enough troops (armor, infantry, and artillery) to drive it home to Berlin.

• UR AN idiot I’ll leave it at that

• How are the dingos over there this time of year?

• that’s, like, your opinion… man. Heh heh, if you ever get the chance watch the big lebowski. if you don’t mind a lot of profanity and some wicked trips, that is.

• Right, man I don’t mind your idea its great IF THE ALLIES WANT TO LOSE

• Why are you being rude for no reason? Also try his idea before you bash it.

• that’s probably so, thanks for informing me.

• Are people like this ever banned?

• Adam i have played the game simply long enough to realise that his tactic against a pro is simply suicidal for Russia. I think there is no other simpler way for me to explain it, rather than you guys should keep playing the game until you get good enough to realise the error of this particular tactic.

Sorry for any pay outs or inconvience it has all derrived from an inner impatience and annoyance.

[ This Message was edited by: Seb on 2002-05-06 01:38 ]

• Dink…umm sorry

• Having played “four score and seven” games or more, I must agree with ‘the S man’. Try it if you must, but it won’t tke long for a good/great A&AE player to BEAT YO BUTT!
    –-------------------------------------------------------------
    Let’s play…
    NAME THE CHARACTER AND THE MOVIE…
    “Ï’m not evil. I’m just drawn that way.”

• HOWEVER, I do play a variety of openings!
    Thank you very much!

• OOPS! NEVERMIND.

• if the russians not only build troops but artilery at a 2 troops for every artilery and also use tanks i will think twice before tring to fu** with the russian western front. but the germans may get smart and move troops to attack the southern front

• I think its a given that the outcome of the game is dependant on the eastrn front. If either Russia, or Germany make one wrong move, the game can usually be decided by the end of that turn. Trying to lure Germany south is risky and bold. I’ve used it against a weaker player, but never aganst a seasoned vet. Either way, if you want the idea to work at all, I strongly suggest making sure the northern threat is contained, and have a contingency plan to defend Moscow should the strategy fail. If Germany does attack the south, and succeeds, than for whole front could collapse leaving a door to the capital wide open. Bulk up in Moscow so that if the plan doesnt work, you might be able to ride it out till the US can get rolling.

• I’ve been playing A&A for the past 15 years. Recently I purchased A&A:E and when I played my friend (who has been playing with me from the beginning), I tried the same strategy with Russia as in the previous game: Build infantry only and do counterstrikes where necessary. The fact that your industrial complexes are behind the front lines provide an excellant vantage to shift your defense around. Normally I spread my infantry between Ukraine, Belorussia and Leningrad (building Leningrad slightly more at the opening round). As Germany advances, if it does, expect to lose ground, but build infantry at the next closest industrial complex. I know this is boring but if you plan always one step ahead of Germany and the dice roles play out normally, this strategy should make you hold out long enough until England and/or U.S. win a decisive battle which should put Germany on the defensive.

Your opinions are appreciate

• the key for russia is to never expose your main force, just keep retraeting, and then when he puts his main force into bellorussia, then counterattack from turkestan and kill all his tanks which defend at 2

• The Stalingrad start worked in history because Hitler could not decide where to attack. He was hasty and wanted “quick, sweeping victories like in France”. Now, the average player in this game tends to be smarter then Hitler and doesn’t fall for the traps, but not a bad idea for begginers. Besides, if it doesn’t work, play another game :D

• Wish I had read this thread earlier.

Seb, this is your warning. Pointless insulting of our posters will not be tolerated.

Suggested Topics

Axis & Allies Boardgaming Custom Painted Miniatures

Users

Topics

1.7m