• Founder TripleA Admin

I was thinking it would be fun to let both new and long time forum members introduce themselves in a specific weekly/monthly thread.

Something like …

Introduce Yourself November 2018

The question for you is, in what category does this belong? “Find Players?” Or should I create a brand new category for this like “Welcome” or “Introductions” or something else. Personally, I’m leaning toward a new category but I’d like to get some feedback

cc: @Panther

• @djensen good morning.

I remember that we talked about it on a similar topic in the Duscussion Thread a few month ago.
    How to recognise new members and give 'em a warm welcome.
    Most of the time we welcome them when they post something, but a lot of times we are not aware of them.
    They may just looking for an answer and dissapear but this forum with his Platform has a lot more to offer.

So a sort of automted greeter or even this idea of yours would contribute a Lot!

Would it not be Wittman who introduced through this site i would have just looked to my answer i was searching for and dissapeared as well.

My two cents. :ear: :moneybag:

• @djensen I like the idea. I remember several threads in the past that had a similar approach. They were “here and there” on the forums and somehow got lost in history.

My idea would be to replace the category “Announcement” with a new category where you will find the “Welcome to new users” and the “Forum rules”, too.

If you look at “Announcement” you will see that even the “recent” topics are either way outdated or sort of misplaced, as they would match to other categories, too.

Maybe we can even merge the “Website/Forum discussion” with the new category.

Then we have a full category dedicated to the forum itself and its members.
    That could and would serve as a nice introduction for new members, too.

Should be kept free from noise, of course ;-)

• @aequitas-et-veritas said in Monthly introduce yourself topics:

So a sort of automted greeter or even this idea of yours would contribute a Lot!

There will also be an automated chat message for first time members. :smile:

Suggested Topics

Axis & Allies Boardgaming Custom Painted Miniatures

Users

Topics

1.7m