Opinions of Bad Guy plans for new game

• 2024 2023 '22 '19 '18

Can you guys post one of these games with the large battles in Moscow? I don’t turtle so big battles are a lot less than all that. I have played around 10 games here, but many times that in real time. These are straight up G40.2 games?

I Like to call g40.2 the Axis’ wet dream. My guess is that there was a huge community push to make Sealion playable. That means stretch out the Atlantic and Pacific to slow down the juggernaut. The only solution I see to saving Moscow is to spam American bombers to Moscow. And get the fighters headed there too.

It irks me that Germany can muster more men than Russia. I want to see Russian hordes. Anyone house rule that? A gun for every other man? Men worth 2? Defend at one?

It would be much better if the Russians could destroy or dismantle their factories and move them East.

In one game, Majikforce was foxy and retreated out of Moscow. He lived to fight another day.

• How would Bombers save Russia proper…? They defend at 1…

• @simon33 G4 buy 3 Tank in Novgorod, 3 Tactical elsewhere

• @simon33 Never strat bomb.

• @simon33 Sorry, meant 7 over 10 on Turn 1

• @DermMannInDerHochburg said in Opinions of Bad Guy plans for new game:

How would Bombers save Russia proper…? They defend at 1…

The bomber angle is the same as the infantry on attack - they provide hit soak. They just do it very expensively.

• @DermMannInDerHochburg
    17 US bombers can act as fodder. Expensive, but effective at letting the men fight and the fighters defend. They can also blitz lagging columns armor columns.
    The key here is they can tip the scales in Moscow’s favor.

• @simon33 Sure, but if they simply soak and do zero damage you don’t really mitigate anything.

Generally speaking, Russia will have about 100 to take out. Correct Germany buys, with good tempo, means that you will finish them off on the 4th turn with overkill.

Don’t see how Bombers change calculus

• @simon33 Now that I get your point on 6Inf/3Art, Turn 1, I do like that idea.

• '19 '17 '16

Curious as to what you are getting at with this thread. Yes, a well constructed German strategy should crush Russia without a massive effort by the allies to help out.

I would argue that Japan keeping peace plays into the allies hands and I think you’ll find that view conventional on this site. For a start, the starting ANZAC fighters can reach. UK_Pac can send through a few planes. With a J1 or J2 DOW, the ANZAC fighters can’t cross onto Asia. And UK_Pac will lose its capital very quickly without its planes. Also, UK_Pac has a bunch of income if they have peace and can afford to build some planes probably.

That the axis have a huge advantage on this board is why bids are so high or significant house rules are used, such as balanced mod.

• @simon33 The question is Meta on ancillary Strategy.

What you suggest to keep ANZAC from helping…?

Would you go for UK instead? If so, why?

Anything really. The Point is to hear Your Point.

• @DermMannInDerHochburg said in Opinions of Bad Guy plans for new game:

@simon33 Sure, but if they simply soak and do zero damage you don’t really mitigate anything.

Generally speaking, Russia will have about 100 to take out. Correct Germany buys, with good tempo, means that you will finish them off on the 4th turn with overkill.

Don’t see how Bombers change calculus

Not 4 Turn, 4th Cycle

• '19 '17 '16

Re: Anzac, if they put all 3 planes on java, Japan should crush them if they are at war. If there is peace, they can reach India turn 2 and Moscow turn 4.

So Japan going to war early traps them on Australia

• Agree, But thats bad Tempo for the Planes. ANZAC can get Fighters to India without Java.

• '19 '17 '16

Not easily. They need to go via Sumatra, Malaya, Shan State or build a CV. All of which can be easily smacked by Japan unless the US are helping a lot.

• '19 '17 '16

Another point I would make is that I can’t imagine Germany having such a strong air force if the Brits had scrambled to an attack on SZ110/111 G1. One of the reasons that I’m generally a fan of the scramble, particularly if there isn’t a naval build by Germany.

• @simon33 Do you have a game you can post so I can see what you mean? The 17 US bombers by t6 accomplishes two purposes in my mind. It mimics history. Stalin demanded a second front and the Allies gave him a bombing campaign.

Secondly, it provides American strength in Europe not usually seen until much later and usually in a more peripheral fashion. It is shocking to hear that 17 bombers and ten plus allied fighters still can’t prop the Russians up. I knew the game was broken in the Axis powers’ favor, but this is another matter altogether.

I don’t like major changes like balanced mod. I would prefer simple fixes like the ones I’ve suggested on my youtube channel crockett36. The simplest however would be to not follow the political rules. They are specifically designed to favor the Axis. They allow the Axis to act in a non-1940ish way, yet keep the Allies handcuffed. I know a guy who creates games. He loves simplicity. This is a simple solution. We should have a triplea game for that.

If you don’t like that one. Take away the National Objectives. Again, they specifically are meant to bolster the Axis with little benefit to the Allies.

• '19 '17 '16

I’ve never done 17 bombers by turn 6. So I don’t have a game to point you to. I also didn’t say those numbers.

However, it is an option to bolster Moscow with some us bombers. I think the op‘s figures for Germany’s strength are quite high. I’m curious as to what is happening g1 to allow this.

• @simon33 Sorry, let me clarify. I want to see a game that has those huge numbers on both sides. Seeing that, I’ll use the battle calculator, drop in 17 bombers or whatever can make it there by the turn in question and determine whether or no they would effect the outcome.

I’m not sure what you mean my “what is happening g1”. I think young grasshopper has posted a fairly robust g1. I think the navy is a mistake and would replace it with infantry or mechs.

• @DermMannInDerHochburg i think i should have addressed my comments to you. Sorry Simon

Suggested Topics

Axis & Allies Boardgaming Custom Painted Miniatures

Users

Topics

1.7m