• Hi, I’m new here and by new I mean I have never posted here in my life. But I have played axis and allies for a long time and decided to dig through some house rules and put together some rules to input Canada into the 1940 2nd edition global game. Then of course the question of painting came up.

So I’m no painter so I intended just on air brushing the purchased UK pieces from HBG and nice bright red. Does any one have some wisdom for me on how to get an even coat on all sides while air brushing.

Thank you.  :-D

• I’d be tempted to get a copy or two of A&A Pacific 1999 version. The Japanese pieces were a bright red colour.

If painting, I use a spray can but airbrush is same principle, secure the piece to a backing. I use double sided tape to keep the figure/unit from moving.

Next, and this is key to any painting, use light dustings when spraying. It will take longer and more coats but the result is far better. It also allows the paint to dry properly.

I line units up on a strip, say 6"-8" long.  I spray down and back up the strip catching areas between the units first. This allows me to judge how much paint is needed when spraying the most visible areas.

I use more paint than most, probably, but nothing worse than a unit where all detail is gone from blobs of paint.

• '17 '16

@Ironarrow06:

Does any one have some wisdom for me on how to get an even coat on all sides while air brushing.

Thank you.  :-D

I’m far from an expert, but you can check how I painted whole armies with this method…

https://www.axisandallies.org/forums/index.php?topic=41849.0

• Thank you both so much, I feel a lot better about painting now.  :-D

Suggested Topics

Axis & Allies Boardgaming Custom Painted Miniatures

Users

Topics

1.7m