BATTLE IN VANCOUVER! IT'S ON! Nov. 23-25. Who will survive?

• '22 '20 '19 '18 '17 '16 '15 '14 '12

@Karl7:

Garg and I have worked out a preliminary game format.   We’ll reveal it once we get a better idea of how many players there are.

But yeah, we are thinking two man teams, maybe one or two 1 man teams as needed.  Friday would be a “seed” game to set out some sort of tier and elimination process.  Saturday would be the main battle, with Sunday for any finishes etc.

But again, all this will depend on number of players etc.

@Patryn:

@Gargantua:

4 cities have registered two man teams so far!

Pretty sure that we will have more than 1 team from Seattle.  We’re just trying to work out the logistics right now.  I unfortunately can’t make it until late on Friday night.

Patryn, your guys have spare games the could bring up?  G40, AA Anniversary?  Maybe won’t need them, but better to have spares.

• '18 '16

@Karl7:

@Patryn:

@Gargantua:

Pretty sure that we will have more than 1 team from Seattle.  We’re just trying to work out the logistics right now.  I unfortunately can’t make it until late on Friday night.

Patryn, your guys have spare games the could bring up?  G40, AA Anniversary?  Maybe won’t need them, but better to have spares.

Yes for sure one extra copy of G40 and Anniversary.  Very likely we will bring up two.

@Patryn:

@Karl7:

@Patryn:

@Gargantua:

Yes for sure one extra copy of G40 and Anniversary.  Very likely we will bring up two.

Great!

• Liaison TripleA '11 '10

I will organize a second Vancouver team to meet the challenge!

• Are you taking in people without a team? I would love to figure out a way that I could make this work but before I go jumping through hoops I want to ensure there would be a spot for me

@bgugs:

Are you taking in people without a team? I would love to figure out a way that I could make this work but before I go jumping through hoops I want to ensure there would be a spot for me

We can figure it out! If you can come - just
    Get here:)

• Any idea what the start time will be on this? Will be in the San Juans until at least Friday night. But would prefer to catch an early ferry on Saturday morning. But if games start earlier than the ferry and drive could get me there Saturday I can make Friday night work.

This image should include everything you need to know :)

That said - if there are any more interested parties, please let us know quickly! We can integrate you into an existing team, and/or draft another opposing team!

alt text

Canada WILL hold the coastal fortress!

• Founder TripleA Admin

Who’s going from San Francisco?

Oh yeah, @Karl7, duh. And it’;s in the image. I think I need a break.

• Founder TripleA Admin

I might be able to do this. What’s the bed situation?

Also, I haven’t played Global in years. Also, I would have to leave Monday. I’ll let you know soon.

David,

I am 100% certain there is a bed for you. Just confirm if you are coming and I will make sure it’s yours! And Monday is probably possible but Karl will have to confirm.

Yes you can bring other games if you like! Would be awesome if you came. :)

• @Gargantua said in BATTLE IN VANCOUVER! IT'S ON! Nov. 23-25\. Who will survive?:

David,

I am 100% certain there is a bed for you. Just confirm if you are coming and I will make sure it’s yours! And Monday is probably possible but Karl will have to confirm.

Yes you can bring other games if you like! Would be awesome if you came. :)

Sadly, we have to be out of there Sunday evening. The house has been rented to another group coming in right after us, so got to clear out for the cleaners etc. Maybe one of the local Vancouver guys could spot you bed/couch?

• I will be there. I will be rolling in on Friday night if that is acceptable due to Thanksgiving travel plans. If sleeping arrangements are full I am happy to bring one of my backpacking sleeping mats to use.

• Or if it is late and better to arrive Saturday morning I have a place I can stay at in Bellingham

@bgugs

Hey Bugs, where you from again? SF? Let me know. We just got teams set up, so we’ll need to fit you in somewhere. We are playing City vs City etc.

Games will already be in progress on Friday probably by the time you get there. But go ahead and roll in. Beds will be taken, so bring sleeping bag.

• Tacoma area. But I will gladly play with any team that will have me. I mean in reality I would come just to watch really good players play if that was the only option. I will gladly bring a sleeping bag

@bgugs

Ok, cool. We will put you in the “straggler” category, i.e. we will fit you in an existing team as we can. Also, there maybe opportunity to play a side game with someone.

One thing to keep in mind, not just you, but everyone is that there is no parking at the location/house. Deep Cove is religious about parking and its permit only around the house.

BUT, there is a free parking lot about 10-15 min walk away.

Here is map:

0_1542295548101_cc7c06c8-27c6-42ae-9668-586b74f95a2d-image.png

Also, anyone who doesn’t want to walk because you got games etc, just text/call me: 208-861-4291 and I can dispatch someone to you get you.

Suggested Topics

Axis & Allies Boardgaming Custom Painted Miniatures

Users

Topics

1.7m