BATTLE IN VANCOUVER! IT'S ON! Nov. 23-25. Who will survive?

• '22 '20 '19 '18 '17 '16 '15 '14 '12

Yes, I know we’ve been dangling this out there for some time, but finally, FINALLY, we’ve got the green light!

So, now:

Battle in Vancouver, November 23-25 in Deep Cove (North Vancouver)

Who wants to bump chests, crush dice, slam beers and go hand to hand with Lord Curtmungus?  (He may show up!)

Gargantua and I are putting this thing on.  Once we get a read of how many people can make it we will hammer out more details.

But of this we are certain:

Game: G40, balanced mod/or some tourney mod, again depending on number of players.

venue: this is large private house on the water.  So, for those who would travel from further afield, like Seattle, there is room to crash. (Bring sleeping bag).

Start time: preferably evening of the 23, but given realities of travel etc, maybe we’ll have to start morning of the 24, with final session morning of 25.

If you are interested, PM or email me at: kjrunft@gmail.com and let me know when you think you could make it and if you can bring a G40 copy. We have a couple, but good to have more.

KILL KILL KILL!!!

• Liaison TripleA '11 '10

NONE shall survive!

One of the big goals of this tournament is to have some official CANADA VS USA games!  We have teams representing Vancouver, Victoria, and San Francisco so far.  Hoping to get a Seattle crew together to come up!

I envision the tournament as Friday night setup and preamble, Saturday, two or more Canada vs USA games, and Sunday the winners of those games facing off for positions 1 through 4+.

Karl is being humble about the sleeping bags, there is something like 5 or 6 full bedrooms (2 of which are spoken for) and several couches, at a VERY nice property.

BOOZE will be flowing. Dice will be cracking, and plastic will be melting.

Looking forward to the game.  Hoping this will be the first official PACIFIC COAST INTERNATIONAL CHAMPIONSHIP!

• '18

Bummed I can’t make this one! Go Canada go!

This is the venue!
    https://www.vrbo.com/441415

This is the meet up event link pjust posted
    http://meetu.ps/e/G0BvW/GK3M3/a

4 cities have registered two man teams so far!

• '18 '16

@Gargantua:

Pretty sure that we will have more than 1 team from Seattle.  We’re just trying to work out the logistics right now.  I unfortunately can’t make it until late on Friday night.

Garg and I have worked out a preliminary game format.  We’ll reveal it once we get a better idea of how many players there are.

@Karl7:

Garg and I have worked out a preliminary game format.   We’ll reveal it once we get a better idea of how many players there are.

But yeah, we are thinking two man teams, maybe one or two 1 man teams as needed.  Friday would be a “seed” game to set out some sort of tier and elimination process.  Saturday would be the main battle, with Sunday for any finishes etc.

But again, all this will depend on number of players etc.

@Patryn:

@Gargantua:

Pretty sure that we will have more than 1 team from Seattle.  We’re just trying to work out the logistics right now.  I unfortunately can’t make it until late on Friday night.

Patryn, your guys have spare games the could bring up?  G40, AA Anniversary?  Maybe won’t need them, but better to have spares.

• '18 '16

@Karl7:

@Patryn:

@Gargantua:

Patryn, your guys have spare games the could bring up?  G40, AA Anniversary?  Maybe won’t need them, but better to have spares.

Yes for sure one extra copy of G40 and Anniversary.  Very likely we will bring up two.

@Patryn:

@Karl7:

@Patryn:

@Gargantua:

Yes for sure one extra copy of G40 and Anniversary.  Very likely we will bring up two.

Great!

I will organize a second Vancouver team to meet the challenge!

• Are you taking in people without a team? I would love to figure out a way that I could make this work but before I go jumping through hoops I want to ensure there would be a spot for me

@bgugs:

Are you taking in people without a team? I would love to figure out a way that I could make this work but before I go jumping through hoops I want to ensure there would be a spot for me

We can figure it out! If you can come - just
    Get here:)

• Any idea what the start time will be on this? Will be in the San Juans until at least Friday night. But would prefer to catch an early ferry on Saturday morning. But if games start earlier than the ferry and drive could get me there Saturday I can make Friday night work.

This image should include everything you need to know :)

That said - if there are any more interested parties, please let us know quickly! We can integrate you into an existing team, and/or draft another opposing team!

alt text

Canada WILL hold the coastal fortress!

• Founder TripleA Admin

Who’s going from San Francisco?

Oh yeah, @Karl7, duh. And it’;s in the image. I think I need a break.

• Founder TripleA Admin

I might be able to do this. What’s the bed situation?

Also, I haven’t played Global in years. Also, I would have to leave Monday. I’ll let you know soon.

David,

I am 100% certain there is a bed for you. Just confirm if you are coming and I will make sure it’s yours! And Monday is probably possible but Karl will have to confirm.

Yes you can bring other games if you like! Would be awesome if you came. :)

Suggested Topics

Axis & Allies Boardgaming Custom Painted Miniatures

Users

Topics

1.7m