• Hi there,
    I am simply a ‘week end’ strategist with limited play time under my belt. For that reason i highly doubt that i would be the only one that ever came up with the idea of marching into Greece on G2, building a minor IC on G3 and adding a naval base on G4.

For those who did try, or who know better, what is the real value of this?
    Does it hurt Italy or help it?
    Does it take too much resources away from the main theater (Russia and Normandy)?
    Does it worth it or not?

My idea behind it was twofold:

1. Project German power into the Med and even Africa.
    2. With a Naval base on Greece on top of the IC you can even threat a possible landing up to Caucasus!

Your thought?

• '20 '19 '18

My feel is that it is going to cost too many resources to build both an IC and a naval base. If you want the ability to build a german navy in the Med, take southern france in G1 or G2.

What I have seen is a German airbase in Greece, which gives a scramble opportunity on the sea zones and can protect the Italian transports that land on Syria. This way you can open up the Middle East even when there is a threat of UK airplanes sniping lone transports.

As for landing in the Caucasus, I feel it would be incredibly expensive (on top of the already high build costs) to build a fleet that is able to withstand an attack from the Russian fighters. Just transports will be sniped before you can even get them in operation.

• Yeah i knew it sounded like a long shot!

What i forgot to mentioned, and it is my blunder, is that i DON’T plan for Sealion!
    I would fake it for some time of course but this not in my plan.

I would ultimately take a nice size fleet, assembled in Germany with all the appearances of Sealion, and ‘hopefully’ land on Leningrad on G3 or G4 at latest!
    This why the option of threatening SZ 100 from Greece was seductive to me ;)

• I would consider an IC in Romania with a airfield. this would allow you to crank out troops toward Caucuses and not worry about building more than transports in the black sea. with the airfield you can scrambler fighters stationed there in defense and they can be used to attack with ground against Russia.

Suggested Topics

Axis & Allies Boardgaming Custom Painted Miniatures

Users

Topics

1.7m