• @taamvan Half dozen one way and half dozen the other. I just choose to use the 2 cards with different names. I thought that would be easier. But then again, I am just a mere Tolarian and what do I know…?:space_invader: And yes, I am only keeping 2 draws 2 cards because I believe it helps streamline the process and keeps from the over the confusion of this stacking problem?

As for the stacking, I am not following you. Am i missing something? If the first card drawn says, get 1 IPC for each zombie killed this turn and the next one says the same, then yes, you get 2 IPCs for each zombie killed. I am not sure where there is confusion regarding this? Again, I have not read through all the post so…it might help if I do that.

• '21 '20 '18 '17

@smo63 Got it. Just thought the explanation would be shorter the other way (as few people would understand why the Zombie Rise card has a different name–it was a last change or mistake IIRC).

You are not the only person who has said “dang, why are there so many of these escalation cards”—in Pandemic you dont shuffle the escalations back into the deck!

Yes, you and I agree on your second point. There was just some discussion and confusion regarding “stacking” of the effect and without an official answer, some unclarity. If a bonus repeats, you double it. That’s my understanding.

Here’s a shot at (rules) lawyering to help tighten up your proposed language; HTH

“At game start, remove all but 2 of the Escalation Cards and Zombie Rise from the deck. When Escalation is drawn do not shuffle it or the discard pile back into the deck. If you are resolving the first Escalation card and draw the other Escalation, discard it and draw again, then return the second Escalation back to the deck, and shuffle.”

• Also they need to elaborate on the non-existing “opening fire step”, see https://www.axisandallies.org/forums/post/1234065 , please.

They simply copy-pasted the wording from the Revised rulebook, here, even without introducing Offshore Bombardment during the Amphibious Assault rules.

Panther, I know you have been around this forum for a while now…years, correct. And I would only assume that you do know how to play AA at least the basics.

If this is the case, then why would you need anyone to elaborate anything as far as the mechanics of how to play AA. Yes, I understand the zombie portion of it, but just use some common sense. And what is so pressing that some continually demand errata for the questions to the larger picture that keeps you up at night…

• @taamvan I like yours as well, but in this case, I think I will let Krieg choose which one would be his preferred way of stating it.

Here is my defense of my version. I believe it is less confusing when you use the 2 different names of the cards when reducing the number of escalation cards too 2. Again, just my opinion.

And I really feel galactically stupid but I am not up to date on the abbreviations? sorry, HTH? IIRC?

• @smo63 The other thing I think should be done is, “Zombie Rise” Should read, add 2 or 3 zombies to any territory that already contain zombies. Something like that. It is kind of kooky that they are the same, but I don’t think we need to beat WotC up about this. Just make it something that works and go with it!

• '21 '20 '18 '17

@smo63 Of course, I defer to you all. HTH “Hope This Helps” IIRC “If I Recall Correctly”

As to the BB rule, it doesn’t signal a change, so the rule is as it always has been (bombardments are not “first strikes” and permit a retaliation).

I think that was the plan with Zombie Rise, but it was not implemented, and so the name is just an artifact. And—2-3! One extra zombie would still create a lot of zombies!

I’d remove it completely, to avoid having to repeat the split reference to two identical cards with two different names (because only 16 people on the planet currently understand why Zombie Rise is a thing at all).

See you at Gencon!

• @smo63 said in Axis & Allies and Zombies Q+A:

Also they need to elaborate on the non-existing “opening fire step”, see https://www.axisandallies.org/forums/post/1234065 , please.

They simply copy-pasted the wording from the Revised rulebook, here, even without introducing Offshore Bombardment during the Amphibious Assault rules.

Panther, I know you have been around this forum for a while now…years, correct. And I would only assume that you do know how to play AA at least the basics.

If this is the case, then why would you need anyone to elaborate anything as far as the mechanics of how to play AA. Yes, I understand the zombie portion of it, but just use some common sense. And what is so pressing that some continually demand errata for the questions to the larger picture that keeps you up at night…

Thank you, yes indeed I might have some knowledge about the basics/the rules, maybe that is why @Krieghund appointed me as rules deputy some years ago.

What I am requesting here is some precision and some efforts about wording the rules from WotC. When I am asked for clarifications about the rules by other users I am used to give (and users are used to get) those clarfications supported by quoting the rules and / or the official FAQ.

“Common sense” is nice, but sometimes misleading. When offshore bombardment is not part of the Amphibious Assault rules but appears only in the units characteristics of the battleship - and is worded there exactly like it was in Revised - what is common sense here?

a) Offshore bombardment has not been intended to be part of the AAZ rules (see 1941 edition) at all?
    b) It was intended but is worded poorly and (still) missing in the Amphibious Assault part of the rules, too?

I usually discuss issues like this one with @Krieghund, but we agreed that “common sense” allows for both interpretations.

Users often don’t ask for “common sense” but want evidence/quotes from the rules/FAQ.

All I have been asking for in this topic has been

• a correction of the AAZ 1942 2nd ed. setup that should have been ready from day 1 of the release
    • a rewording of the Amphibious Assault rules to introduce Offshore Bombardment (including but not limited to the “fire back”-aspect), so that it matches the AAZ-ruleset (instead of the Revised ruleset). At least we know now from Scott’s words that Offshore Bombardment is a part of the AAZ-ruleset.

I can’t see anything wrong with these requests.

Doing a good ‘job’ for the community is what motivates me. Thank you for asking!

(PS: Actually it does not keep me up at night. I wrote my posting you refer to at about 6.30 pm. My timezone is 6 to 9 hours ahead of yours (depending on where you live). So I do get enough sleep. :slightly_smiling_face: )

• @taamvan :+1:

• TripleA '12

Hi all,

Do we know if WOTC are going to be putting out an official FAQ/Errata for this game any time soon? My gaming group want to start playing it and I will have to teach them all the rules, so would really prefer to have up-to-date knowledge.

Thank you so much for your help

• '21 '20 '18 '17

@lozmoid it usually takes a year or two, because they dont want to have to revisit that twice. Ive played a dozen times and dont have any unresolved questions about the rules personally. Do you?

• @lozmoid I have not yet been given a publication date.

• Card references Libya. Libya not marked on map. We placed zombie in North Africa. Right?

• Official Q&A

There are two decks of cards included in the game: one for AAZ and one for AA42. It sounds like you’re using the AA42 deck for AAZ.

• @Krieghund

We finally figured that out. Thanks.

• I have a question about fighting zombies in a territory you control. We’ve been treating zombies like transports or submarines where you can move some forces through and dedicate others to fight the zombies.

First is this correct?

Secondly if this is correct, can we dedicate airplanes only to fight the zombies (only 1 round)?

• @jordan111 said in Axis & Allies and Zombies Q+A:

I have a question about fighting zombies in a territory you control. We’ve been treating zombies like transports or submarines where you can move some forces through and dedicate others to fight the zombies.

First is this correct?

Yes, as long as the units passing through are making a valid combat move.

Secondly if this is correct, can we dedicate airplanes only to fight the zombies (only 1 round)?

Yes.

• I am creating this to clarify for myself and anyone else that might be questioning the AAZ rulebook. :)

(1) Z.I.B.R.A. Suits - Each of your infantry units in a territory prevents one zombie in that territory from attacking in the Zombie Attack phase (phase 2).
    – So, this means that if you have territory that you are controlling and have 5 infantry and 7 zombies only 2 zombies can attack in phase 2?

(2) Z-4 Explosives - While you have artillery present in a battle, your units in that battle now hit zombies on a 5 or 6.
    – Is this saying that any of your units (infantry, tank, fighter, etc.) can do this or is it just your artillery units?

(3) Chainsaw Tanks - Each tank that ends its combat move in a territory containing zombies may roll a combat die to attack those zombies before combat.
    – This is pretty self explanatory; but, I question how the verbiage really applies to “ends it combat move”. If there is a territory you control with tanks and zombies in it do you really have to physically move your tank to do the “Chainsaw Tanks” technology? I would say ‘no’ because I believe when you announce where you are going to have combat is technically your ‘combat move’.

(4) Air-D.O.T.s - When you have no land units present in a battle against only zombies, your aircraft may continue combat for one additional round against zombies.
    – This one I think is completely clear. Questions?

(5) Deadnapper Convoys - In non-combat movement, your unused transports may pick up one or two zombies from friendly or zombie-controlled territories and deploy them into any territory as though they were infantry.
    – This is pretty straightforward. Questions?

(6) Zombie Mind Control Ray - Once per turn you may non-combat move a zombie from a territory your units occupy into an adjacent non-neutral territory (even an enemy territory).
    – This one is a big one for me. Is it once-per-turn-per-territory or you can only move one, single zombie on your non-combat turn?

• Official Q&A

Questions such as these are better asked in the Official Q&A thread, which is stickied so that others can find them later.

• @Krieghund Good point - and merged.

• Official Q&A

(1) Correct.

(2) All of your units in the battle gain the ability.

(3) Any territory containing zombies and your tanks where combat occurs counts.

(6) It is one single zombie, not one per territory.

Suggested Topics

Axis & Allies Boardgaming Custom Painted Miniatures

Users

Topics

1.7m